Clay 57

East 75
New Boston 41

Saturday Feb.1

New Boston 32
Eastern 89

Clay
South Webster
Last edited by beaverlover on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: SOC I Standings

Post by ManitouDan »

Safe travels to the Clay Panthers as they venture out of dangerous Rosemount area for the 7 minute trip the girls refused to take last week to Ports Notre Dame ( the same night Western from Latham Oh drove thru Rosemount , thru Portsmouth , thru Ironton out to Symmes Valley ) I hope they make it ok . :) !!!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I missed the first half but score was around 25-23 ND I think , in the 3rd Q Clay's D totally suffocated ND they coasted to rather easy win. ND had 4 in the third I believe . Around a ten point spread at the end .

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay is 8-8 overall 5-5 in league play

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

League is heating up !! Familiar top 2 battling for the crown !!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Hoping Western has something to say about that this week. 2 tough games this week vs THE TEAM IN EAST PIKE COUNTY. Gonna take a good game from THE INDIANS to beat the Eagles. Gotta play defense. Can score with anyone but defense wins games.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

Mdan first of all why you post something about girls on the boys thread. Second quit hiding behind your keyboard making remarks like this. When we play I WILL COME UP TO YOU AND ASK YOU TO YOIR FACE WHAT THE PURPOSE OF THAT COMMENT WAS

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I think hes saying that teams need to play their schedules. Too many postponed games that could have been played. I have heard that several wouldnt reschedule til after the draw. Sounds like some manipulation to me. I could be wrong though. I hope I'm wrong....

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Big game this friday......Symmes Valley @ ND

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Tuesday Feb.4

Western
Eastern

New Boston
Ironton St.Joe

East
Northwest

Manchester
Green

Symmes Valley
South Gallia ppd
Last edited by beaverlover on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

It has turned into a 3 team race with Eastern,Notre Dame and Symmes Valley..big games for all 3 teams this week..Tough game for the co Soc leading Eagles on Tuesday as they host the Indians of Western...turn right back around Friday and play again but on the Western side of the county in Latham.Eastern will have to play well to beat the Indians..also on Friday Symmes Valley will lock horns with the other co-leader in Soc the Notre Dame Titans. That is huge game as the Vikings set just a game back of NDame and Eastern in the loss column. The Titans at 10-2 in league play only have 2 Soc tilts left but they are big ones..the game with SV then a Feb.14 showdown with Eastern ..this is going to be a fun couple weeks of basketball..hopefully we can get these games in as it should come down to the very last league games for these teams. Eastern still has a makeup game vs East as well..have not heard a date on that game yet.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

The Eagles pretty much control their own destiny at this point, that's all any coach/team can ask for. Just win boys...Go Eagles!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Symmes Valley gets big win over NDame tonight 55-45 to move those two in a tie for 2nd place while Easterns 93-67 win at Western puts them into first place in Soc 1.. haven't heard scores from Clay vs NB or East vs Green

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay over New Boston
Don't remember the final but was a lot.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Looks like Eastern/Notre Dame game will be huge

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Didn't catch the previous comments directed towards me . But to answer your comment I'm dan Stevenson . I never hide behind a screen name . The comment I made was poking a little fun at the fact that western traveled to Symmes valley ( 60 miles ?) on the same night that clay couldn't get into portsmouth . So that's my purpose . I'm old school . The amount of school cancellations and delays is stupid and wimpy to me .

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Coming down to the wire as Eastern has a 1 game lead over Notre Dame and Symmes Valley.Eastern has 3 league games left including Friday at NDame..that will be ND final league game.SV also plays there final league game Friday vs East..Eastern also plays Saturday at home vs Western then vs East next Friday Feb.21.Should be a tourney like atmosphere at ND tomorrow.

2/14
Eastern
Notre Dame

East
Symmes Valley

2/15
Western
Eastern

2/21
East
Eastern

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

East could really break some hearts this year. There coach has really turned this team around they are hot. Eastern once again control their own fate. Best job of coaching in the SOC this year by PJ Fitch he is competing for his 3rd straight title with a team full of first year varsity players he had "1" returning starter and his 6th man from last season. May not agree with all he does but hard to argue the results !!

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

East is a very dangerous for Eastern and SV, Eastern has ND and East left,SV has East to go. Fitch has done a great job for what he has.ND plays good team ball and SV probably has the most talent but are a inconsistent team. Going to be a good finish in the SOC I.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I believe the ND/Eastern game will be made up Saturday Feb.22..have not heard about SV/East game. Eastern beat Western 73-51 to stay in first. Symmes won a non league game at St.Joe 68-67 in Ot.

Return to “Boys Basketball”