Beasts of the Southeast - Chesapeake HS Jan 11th

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Re: Beasts of the Southeast - Chesapeake HS Jan 11th

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley showing they can play with the big boys...even if they lose, heck of an effort! Athens is a great team.

GREAT job boys!!! This will go a LONG way during the tough end of season and tournament!! VERY proud of our Indians. ROLL TRIBE

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Final??

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens 77
valley 71
final

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The turn was when Athens got fouled and 11 for valley got a technical. Athens was down two at the time

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Valley fouled a player, then got a technical foul. burrows came in and shot the technical, then shot the 1-1, which shouldn't have happened.

Tough situation/ending to a great game.

Valley had a chance and this will be a huge game for them come tourney time.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Isn't that a technical when the wrong player shoots the foul shots?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Was the player who was fouled hurt on the play, and unable to continue, and Burrows came off the bench to shoot the FTs?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It was a two shot foul and a two shot technical. Burrow shot and made the technical foul shots, refs let burrow shoot luehrams foul shots. Went 1 for 2. Burrow missed the first and then talked it over. Shouldn't luehram have been given 2 shots. Refs had no clue

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Not to my knowledge..

I think it's supposed to be a T on the player who illegally goes to the FT line. Not sure...sounds like a mess on a great game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It was a great game. Valley came to play in the second half. Just a dumb thing to do by number 11

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

RAIDER6309 wrote:It was a great game. Valley came to play in the second half. Just a dumb thing to do by number 11
Absolutely! Beat of luck the rest of the way, 2 great clubs!

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Any updates on the Chesapeake game would be appreciated

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

51-37
Peake
Final

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:51-37
Peake
Final

Thanks Henry Jones Jr

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

chicken_coop wrote:Not to my knowledge..

I think it's supposed to be a T on the player who illegally goes to the FT line. Not sure...sounds like a mess on a great game.
I wasn't there to see how it all went down BUT isn't that the refs responsibility to put the right player on the line?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'm pretty sure but not an official, after burrow shot the third free throw. They should have made luehrman shoot the last one, can't take the one back. It was a miss tho

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The foul shooter shoots his free-throws first - then the technical foul is shot. That's how it is suppose to be done.

The foul was committed on #12, then some chaos with the technical occurred... I believe the refs thought the foul was committed on #10 ... they are both 6'4 and kind of look alike ... why else would the ref let him shoot? There was nothing malicious about Burrow (#10) stepping up to take the free throws, he's a 17 year old kid, he doesn't know the rules. He thought he was stepping up to shoot the technical.

That was all refs and nothing more. But #12 and #10 are great free throw shooters, I don't think it made much difference. Burrow hit 3-of-4 - but it was getting the ball back because of the technical that mattered most.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It was a great game. Athens looked wore out in the second half. I was surprised they held on after losing the led late. Burrow had to have 20pts and 20 rebounds

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

93Bulldog wrote:The foul shooter shoots his free-throws first - then the technical foul is shot. That's how it is suppose to be done.

The foul was committed on #12, then some chaos with the technical occurred... I believe the refs thought the foul was committed on #10 ... they are both 6'4 and kind of look alike ... why else would the ref let him shoot? There was nothing malicious about Burrow (#10) stepping up to take the free throws, he's a 17 year old kid, he doesn't know the rules. He thought he was stepping up to shoot the technical.

That was all refs and nothing more. But #12 and #10 are great free throw shooters, I don't think it made much difference. Burrow hit 3-of-4 - but it was getting the ball back because of the technical that mattered most.
I'm not saying it was malicious at all, but if the wrong player steps up and knowingly shoots a foul shot when another player is supposed to, it can be a technical foul. Which would have given Valley 2 shots and the ball down by 1 point.

I'm not saying anyone got cheated or anything, I'm just saying that's the reality of the situation, most kids with game awareness especially upperclassmen know you don't get 4 foul shots for a technical. Why would he shoot 2 then step back to the line?

Either way, 2 GREAT teams that played 2 tough games back to back nights! Congrats to both and good luck the rest of the year!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's not up to the kid or player to know what's going on rule wise ... how does he know the foul wasn't actually called on the player guarding him? He was right near the basket. How does he know it wasn't a double technical? The ref informed #10 to come to the foul line because he asked the coach which number he wanted shooting the technical. That was 110% on the referee - he had it wrong from the get-go shooting the technical first. Then he just hands Burrow the ball for the 3rd shot. What is Burrow suppose to do, tell the ref how to do his job? Correct him? No. He just did what the ref told him bascially.

Return to “Boys Basketball”