Boys D4 Valley/Meigs

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Boys D4 Valley/Meigs

Post by bbjunky81 »

Saying Peebles is 20-25 points better than any SOC team couldn't be more wrong.. Notre Dame and even Clay are better than what you're giving them credit for.

Coming off of that, I do think Peebles locked up the 1 seed in the Valley sectional with ND losing last night.. I think the team nobody wants to see in this sectional is East.. They have great size and are playing well lately (above 500 according to of pfloyd).. If they get the 6 seed, the 3 team better be ready because East is talented.

Call me crazy, but after last night I think South Webster may be one of the better teams in the entire Meigs sectional. They were up on Valley (one of the best teams in SE Ohio) by 2 late in the 3rd before a ghost technical sparked a big run and the Jeeps couldn't fight back. Keep in mind they just got healthy awhile back so if they reel off some wins before the draw it could be interesting.

We'll see just how much "strength of schedule" truly plays into the seeds.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bbjunky81 wrote:Saying Peebles is 20-25 points better than any SOC team couldn't be more wrong.. Notre Dame and even Clay are better than what you're giving them credit for.

Coming off of that, I do think Peebles locked up the 1 seed in the Valley sectional with ND losing last night.. I think the team nobody wants to see in this sectional is East.. They have great size and are playing well lately (above 500 according to of pfloyd).. If they get the 6 seed, the 3 team better be ready because East is talented.

Call me crazy, but after last night I think South Webster may be one of the better teams in the entire Meigs sectional. They were up on Valley (one of the best teams in SE Ohio) by 2 late in the 3rd before a ghost technical sparked a big run and the Jeeps couldn't fight back. Keep in mind they just got healthy awhile back so if they reel off some wins before the draw it could be interesting.

We'll see just how much "strength of schedule" truly plays into the seeds.
It will probably play a limited role in seeding. Peebles will probably get the 1, Notre Dame the 2, and Fairfield the 3.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Southern 11-3
Symmes Valley 10-5
Waterford 9-5
Eastern Pike 9-6
St. Joe 10-7
Trimble 7-5
South Gallia 6-8
South Webster 4-11
Miller 4-11
Green 3-13
Reedsville Eastern 1-14

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

seedings are important but if u are going anywhere in the tournament u have to beat somebody good sometime. for many schools getting to ou is the ultimate goal. for others their aspirations extend beyond just getting there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble is (7-5) - but they are for sure one of the better teams in the TVC-Hocking. With almost every player having played on the football team, which played in the state championship, it was a rough start for the Tomcats. Then they had a bunch of games postponed or cancelled. They were leading Southern (11-3) for most of the game the other night before losing it in the end 57-52. They turned around the next night and beat a Wahama team by 24 points, which actually beat Southern last week.

Trimble has a ton of games coming up in the next week, so long as they continue to take care of business, the 'Cats could climb as high as 3rd, IMO.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Bbjunky: agreed....Webster's season reminding me of year after state championship where they went 7-13 but made it to regional semis and almost upset Harvest Prep. Weird officiating against valley both ways last night, but that 6 point possession for valley late in 3rd quarter when Webster was up 5 pts changed the game. Cook is one of the best D4 players in area and the freshmen are starting to figure things out. Don't see their seed changing much over next week, but I guarantee if I'm southern or Symmes valley, I would not want to face them in sectionals.*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

art_vandelay wrote:Bbjunky: agreed....Webster's season reminding me of year after state championship where they went 7-13 but made it to regional semis and almost upset Harvest Prep. Weird officiating against valley both ways last night, but that 6 point possession for valley late in 3rd quarter when Webster was up 5 pts changed the game. Cook is one of the best D4 players in area and the freshmen are starting to figure things out. Don't see their seed changing much over next week, but I guarantee if I'm southern or Symmes valley, I would not want to face them in sectionals.*
I agree on Webster. They were a lot better team than we seen the first round. Outside of Beau Justice, I doubt there is a better D4 player than Levi Cook in the SE. The Jeeps lost their cool as the officials lost control last night, but they won't see a team with Valley's talent up to and including the district tournament.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crab: no doubt about keeping your cool, 3 technicals is not acceptable no matter how bad officiating is. And like I said, valley was getting some crap calls against them as well. Even though they came out flat last night, Valley is the real deal and a fun team to watch. Dunn should touch the ball everytime down floor in half court set before anyone else shoots...he was a man amongst boys last night. Looking forward to watching Valley make a run at State this year.*

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Clay and Notre Dame are competative in a very weak SOC . The league is just down this year it happens. I have watched every SOC school play I have also watched Peebles crush Eastern Pike who is tied for the league with Notre Dame . Peebles beat Eastern by 25 !! And handled Western with ease. Trust me I'm a SOC guy my son's played in the league. My oldest for a 18-3 Eastern team last year. Peebles is a clear cut #1 Notre Dame will get the 2 solely on record . The SHL is a much stronger league and those teams in it play a much harder schedule in just there league. But we will see come tourney time . The cream always rises to the top.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairfield is clicking.....they beat Peebles and are rolling

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

They are a legit team they play D-2 / D-3 schools all year that's why there record isn't spotless but it gets them ready for tourney time . Same goes for Webster.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles moves to 14-2 tonight with a win at Paint Valley 70-62.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield over Adena 71-64.

9-5 overall. With wins over Peebles by 15 and PV by 21.

No way ND gets seeded ahead of Fairfield.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

cobbtown wrote:Fairfield over Adena 71-64.

The last 15 years...yeah they would but now it's 5 schools for each conference. PV should side with SHAC.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Ironman92 wrote:
cobbtown wrote:Fairfield over Adena 71-64.

The last 15 years...yeah they would but now it's 5 schools for each conference. PV should side with SHAC.
Agreed but maybe this year some common sense will be applied!!

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

South Webster 45
Portsmouth Clay 42. Final

The jeeps will be a tough out

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

IMO the Valley sectional will be more competitive than folks are thinking. Western a 6 win team has already beaten Clay, and East. And lost to ND by 12 twice. A couple of defensive possessions and Western pulls out the ND game also. Lost to Peebles by 22 but some of that was fluff at the end. Im not saying Western is gonna win the whole thing so chill out. Just trying to make the point that its going to be more competitive than most think. Some interesting games to wrap up before the draw next week. Good luck to all.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think for Western to earn any love they need to beat a contender not a .500 team. They have 2 real shots to prove them selves against Eastern this week. If they can beat a school who contends year in and year out then maybe they can turn the corner. The talent is there has been for 2-3 years . I hope it comes together for them and turn this into a special year.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Not just talking bout Western. The league as a whole is more competitive. And yes they have to win one of these games. Not just to get some love but they need confidence that they can.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree I should have said the whole league needs some marque wins. The league is competative this year top to bottom but as a whole is down this year. With the was the sectionals are this year it's really even 5 SOC 4 SHL 1 SVC so seeding should be fair to all at the Valley sectional. The best teams will advance.

Return to “Boys Basketball”