DII Logan Sectional

bman
SEO

Re: DII Logan Sectional

Post by bman »

I also have a lot of respect for what Athens is going through right now, not just in boys basketball, but most of its sports. It's a special time to be a Bulldog fan. This is a time where Athens can build numbers in its programs, even after this stud class graduates, that could help sustain success. Maybe not as much as of now and the next couple of years, but have Athens be a consistent player, like LE and like Warren in basketball, for example.

I'm not going to look at this thread again until after the draw. We're all grasping for straws to try and prove a point and looking silly by doing so. The arguments have been made over and over and over again. I wanted to state the respect I have for both Warren and Athens, and the battles that have been contested and will be between the three schools in this sectional.
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bman wrote:Logan Elm is a different team than last year. Dillon Young and Logan Thompson have made significant steps as players, especially Young. Warren is also a different team, but Warren is still a pretty good team.

If this was last year's Logan Elm team coming in with a 17-1 record, I would say they didn't deserve the one.
I know they are a better team this year - I watched them beat Athens, remember? :mrgreen:

But I also watched Warren this year down at Chesapeake.

I mean, we can throw all the numbers and results out here we want - its not going to change what I saw with my own eyes. Warren is still Warren, they are the defending district champions, they are the defending regional champions - and they didn't look like they have missed a beat when I watched them play. I'm not sure even this years 17-1 Logan Elm team could have made it to the final 4 last year, at some point you have to have some size - you're going to run up against teams with 6'6, 6'5, 6'5 type front courts. Warren can play with those teams - I'm not so sure the Braves can. It goes back to my point about believing Warren is a better 'all around' team than LE.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm defeated Bloom-Carroll who has a good 6-7 post player. I don't argue it can be hard to counter size at times, but it can be done. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure Portsmouth had some size issues against Liberty Christian in Florida and still won.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I got good news ... 12 hours from now all 10 pages on this topic will be a mute point ... LOL

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:I got good news ... 12 hours from now all 10 pages on this topic will be a mute point ... LOL
Thank God. :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Maybe once this is all over with - we can all kick back at the Convo and laugh and watch Sheridan play Unioto for the district championship.

lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:Maybe once this is all over with - we can all kick back at the Convo and laugh and watch Sheridan play Unioto for the district championship.

lol
:mad:

Vinton County vs. Circleville :122249 :-D
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

WarriorBlue, 93Dog and myself may need to kick back at BW3 in A-town and get a few Samuel Adams and cool things off during districts. :122245

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bman wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Maybe once this is all over with - we can all kick back at the Convo and laugh and watch Sheridan play Unioto for the district championship.

lol
:mad:

Vinton County vs. Circleville :122249 :-D
I hope you're right!

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

93Bulldog wrote:
I know they are a better team this year - I watched them beat Athens, remember? :mrgreen:

But I also watched Warren this year down at Chesapeake.

I mean, we can throw all the numbers and results out here we want - its not going to change what I saw with my own eyes. Warren is still Warren, they are the defending district champions, they are the defending regional champions - and they didn't look like they have missed a beat when I watched them play. I'm not sure even this years 17-1 Logan Elm team could have made it to the final 4 last year, at some point you have to have some size - you're going to run up against teams with 6'6, 6'5, 6'5 type front courts. Warren can play with those teams - I'm not so sure the Braves can. It goes back to my point about believing Warren is a better 'all around' team than LE.
How would Logan elm deal with a team with size??? Ask Athens - they have four guys at 6-4.

Dont forget at tournament time the effect that Maddux and Stiverson are gonna have

Seed- L Elm one, Warren2

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Seems the LE argument is record over Warren.

The best record is not a lock for the one seed. Warren has every bit the argument to be the one as LE. I think Athen is out because of the head to head loss. To bad Athens and Warren didn't get to play. I believe the winner would have been a lock.

The non-league schedule prepares you for this time of year. I have talked to several players and they want the big game. Seems the only people wanting to dodge teams are us old guys/gals. Athens wants and is hoping for a LE rematch, Warren is looking forward to playing either team.

It is tournament time and no ones get a free pass when it comes to advancing.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

bman wrote:WarriorBlue, 93Dog and myself may need to kick back at BW3 in A-town and get a few Samuel Adams and cool things off during districts. :122245
Execellant idea! If the kids play as hard as "we talking heads" type these games are gonna be something to remember.

PS. I'm buying the 1st round!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

LE deserves the one seed.....They have beaten quality teams such as Athens, Bloom Carroll, Washington CH and decent teams such as Circleville (2), Teays Valley and Chillicothe. To make a comment that Logan Elm fans want to avoid Warren and Athens is a bit pathetic to say the least, first off folks everyone wants their team to be the one seed so your path to the convo is as easy as possible. If this was not the case why would Warren and Athens care about the one seed in a very difficult sectional?? Warren or Athens may beat LE or maybe everyone might get dissapointed and Sheridan or Vinton will get hot and beat us all.... :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

fighting_falcon wrote:The non-league schedule prepares you for this time of year.
Exactly ... Athens played a team from Pittsburg last night that was as good as any team they have played all year outside of ASVSM & Bishop Eustace.

BUT ... since 'out of state' schools don't count at tournament draws, it wasn't worth mentioning on here.

And BTW, don't always take the information on maxpreps or other internet sites as being absolutely correct. Propel School Pennsylvania was (16-5) and Athens had no idea what it was getting into by playing them.

The top 7 teams on Athens schedule:

Akron SVSM ... 67-57 L
Bishop Eustace, N.J. ... 62-56 L (OT)
Propel, Penn ... 77-76 W
Logan Elm ... 60-59 L
Valley ... 77-71 W (2OT)
Shawnee N.J. ... 68-60 W

Athens may not get the No. 1 seed ... but they took the gamble of scheduling up - and we'll find out soon enough if it pays off when things get settled on THE COURT.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm got the 1 seed

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

thill,

Where did you get your info? Draw started at 2 and it usually takes at least 15-20 minutes to go through the rules, regulations and discussion of team records. I hope your not posting incorrect information.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Here is his email address, i'm sure he'd be more than willing to send the bracket to everyone that asks. trvhilltravis@gmail.com

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

reliable source

Return to “Boys Basketball”