Unioto vs Zane Trace 12/7 ... On? Off?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Unioto vs Zane Trace 12/7 ... On? Off?

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm guessing that this one is STILL ON for this afternoon BUT haven't read anything definitive as yet ... prior to the snow/ice event of yesterday/last night the start time was moved to 4:45 PM ... on the Unioto website it has that time listed as the FRESHMEN game time - so my question is Does the Varsity game start at 4:45 or is that really the Freshmen game time ? if it is the VARSITY time (4:45pm) what time does the Freshmen/JV games get underway? daniC - got anything for me ?...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Unioto vs Zane Trace 12/7 ... On? Off?

Post by danicalifornia »

On! Freshman tips off at 2.

Adena at Southeastern is still tipping off their evening with the freshman game around 5.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Game in Overtime 48 all

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

The game was entertaining and I give credit Unioto for fighting back from being down pretty much the whole game. It was sloppy, lots of turnovers, poor shooting, and even worse free throws, but its kind of to be expected being the first game of conference play. It should be another great game when they meet up again in Kinnikinnick.

ZT has a pretty solid team, Mowery wasn't "ON" offensively, not sure how many points he ended up with, but he took a lot of shots. He's a good ball player though! ZT has a nice group of players, they are going to be tough to beat in the SVC. Smith and Hutton are pretty nice ball players too.

Unioto showed glimpses of being a really good team too, although they are frustrating at times to watch. Strange and Corcoran are both good players, but can get a little wild with their shot selections, sometimes just throwing up shots. Strange does a nice job penetrating the defense, but he can be a little careless with the ball. I'd like to see him slow down a little and let things happen. I also think if coach Hoops would work with his big men a little, making easy shots under the basket, REBOUNDING, and making FREE THROWS, they win that game. Seems like Unioto has had the most size in the league for the last couple of years, I wish they would run some type of offense around them. Hosley is very athletic, he should be under the basket getting boards. He wasn't really much of a factor. :aaaaa19

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

I agree.... I was asking my friends "What happened to Hosley" during the game. He was almost dominant as a freshman....and Saturday hes 6th or 7th man? Not sure what Hoops was thinking. But then when he got in he seemed average. Anybody have any insight?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

MRI13 wrote:I agree.... I was asking my friends "What happened to Hosley" during the game. He was almost dominant as a freshman....and Saturday hes 6th or 7th man? Not sure what Hoops was thinking. But then when he got in he seemed average. Anybody have any insight?
He and Alex True were late to a practice or meeting or something. Not five minutes late, but like a half-hour late. So they did not start or play a half, I think.

I am really surprised by this outcome, not to take anything away from Zane Trace, but Unioto is the best team I have seen so far this year. Granted, I haven't seen Athens or Warren yet, but I have seen Chillicothe, Miami Trace, Oak Hill, Eastern Brown, Logan Elm, and of course Vinton County, and in my opinion Unioto is better than any of them.

Grace22
Freshman Team

Post by Grace22 »

Hosley was late for practice so he didn't start. That was what was told to the radio guys before the game started. Nothing was said about Alex True.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

hawkeyepierce always has the insight. We are so lucky to have him on the board. :122245

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Unioto lost by 29 to a good Lucasville Valley team and lost their home opener to ZT. Unioto is not better than Logan Elm , Athens, or ZT ....

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

Main Man wrote:Unioto lost by 29 to a good Lucasville Valley team and lost their home opener to ZT. Unioto is not better than Logan Elm , Athens, or ZT ....
True

I think Unioto has the potential to be a pretty decent team though, the coach needs to sit them down and and get his guys play unselfish and pass the ball around to look for open shots...oh yeah shoot better free throws. Unioto has the size and athleticism, no question. They just gotta put it together and it starts from the top. Been that way for years. :aaaaa78

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Mr. Farkus is jealous and hanging with his daughters too much, the purple font is telling.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

In my opinion, Unioto has height, shooters, solid guard play, and the Detillion kid is a man. If they don't win the SVC it is because they don't want to. And they should've beat ZTHS, but to shoot 9 of 23 from free throw line and lose by one, I surmise they are better than ZT.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

hawkeyepierce wrote:In my opinion, Unioto has height, shooters, solid guard play, and the Detillion kid is a man. If they don't win the SVC it is because they don't want to. And they should've beat ZTHS, but to shoot 9 of 23 from free throw line and lose by one, I surmise they are better than ZT.
I guess we can agree to disagree. Hutton sat out the 2nd qtr in foul trouble. Mowery was in foul trouble as well. When it comes down to it free throws and foul trouble evened out the game. Still look at the lineups head to head. Mowery , Hutton ,and Smith are pretty good. Then you throw in Hall and Petzel. I like ZTs chances to win the league outright .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Main Man wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:In my opinion, Unioto has height, shooters, solid guard play, and the Detillion kid is a man. If they don't win the SVC it is because they don't want to. And they should've beat ZTHS, but to shoot 9 of 23 from free throw line and lose by one, I surmise they are better than ZT.
I guess we can agree to disagree. Hutton sat out the 2nd qtr in foul trouble. Mowery was in foul trouble as well. When it comes down to it free throws and foul trouble evened out the game. Still look at the lineups head to head. Mowery , Hutton ,and Smith are pretty good. Then you throw in Hall and Petzel. I like ZTs chances to win the league outright .
Toss in a healthy Hinty as well whenever he gets back to full strength. Unioto is very talented, but so is Zane Trace. I doubt Unioto won't win the league because they don't want to.

The Shermans need to snap out of the slow starts if they want to stay in it until the rematch in Kinnkinnick, because the rest of the league is dangerous enough to take advantage of an off night.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Gentlemen, I am an old man with a opinion. Like I said, I haven't seen Athens or Warren, or for that matter, Zane Trace. However, I will say, from what I saw last year, Pierce Mowery is the best offensive player in the SVC.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

Uniotos coach wont change anything because he's too worried about his own image and has that "Glory Days" attitude.

Unioto is not better than ZT at this point. To say it harshly, ZT was terrible for 3 quarters Saturday. I wouldnt be surprised if thats the worst game they play all year in my opinion.

Connor Smith and Mowery will be in a battle for POY this year. Smith should have had 25 Saturday but too many "bunnies" went in and out...hes going to be a force. Mowery is just continuing being Mowery...the kid is .5 seconds in front of everyone else on the floor...

Now..I will say UHS has the potential to beat anyone and to contend for the title. They need Strange to gain control penetrating and finish, Corcoran to have a better shot selection, Hosley to step up and be a force inside and Detillion to average a double double

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

MRI13 wrote:Uniotos coach wont change anything because he's too worried about his own image and has that "Glory Days" attitude.
What is that supposed to mean? :aaaaa80

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

Just my opinion...hes over the top, hes not well respected due to his actions...and lets be honest he has had probably the second most talented group of kids over his tenure (1st would be Piketon) and little success to show for it.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

MRI13 wrote:Just my opinion...hes over the top, hes not well respected due to his actions...and lets be honest he has had probably the second most talented group of kids over his tenure (1st would be Piketon) and little success to show for it.
I'm not from Unioto, therefore I don't know how well he is liked or respected by the community. But I do agree, he has had a plethora of athletes at Unioto and hasn't had much success. But that goes for others at Unioto. Their football program has really struggled and they play in a weak conference with small schools. With a school district the size of Unioto and as much community support, the administration would get it together and hire some actual COACHES. :aaaaa50

Return to “Boys Basketball”