Game 1: St. Joe @ Notre Dame

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Game 1: St. Joe @ Notre Dame

Post by TitanPride »

Tonight the Titans take on their Catholic rival at home. Recently ND has dominated this yearly double header. Can St. Joe come in tonight and steal one? I'm interested to see who will step up for the Titans and be the dominate offensive presence since nearly the whole offensive is gone due to graduation. One thing the Titans have kept is that tenacious defense and toughness. No doubt they'll play physical and hard, but can they get it done offensively? Thoughts/Predictions?

eaglepride05
Waterboy

Re: Game 1: St. Joe @ Notre Dame

Post by eaglepride05 »

Score

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I thought I saw a FB post that said 48-37 , If so ND must have played a horrific second half . They were up 20 plus in 2Q and had mid to high 30's at the half when I left .

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

St Joe started their comeback in the latter part of the second quarter. They nearly pulled it off. Notre Dame is a poor free throw shooting team or they would have won this thing going away.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I would never say they nearly pulled it off. The game really wasn't any closer than 10 points throughout the entire game. Up by over 20 the Titans should have put St. Joe away, credit to the Flyers for never giving up when down by 20 (ManitouDan, they were never up by high 30's). In my opinion they (Flyers) do not have a lot of discipline as they just heave up shots from anywhere and their shooting percentage couldn't have been more than 30% for the night. Notre Dame played a decent first half and played sloppy and too defensive in the second half. Haney did not take a shot from the outside after starting the game off with a 3, same with the other ND players, (I'd like to say 2 maybe 3 three pointers all night). Notre Dame played week 11 in football and got a bit of a late start so I'm going to hope that has something to do with the slow start. Basketball and Football conditioning are 2 completely different monsters, and I look for ND to be in even better shape the next few weeks. This will lead to their known tough defense and full court pressure.

I believe 4 seniors started and 1 freshman with a senior and junior coming off the bench first, should be a well disciplined team and Coach Mader should have his team back in form this week or next.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I never said high 30's--- I said up 20 plus with a score in the mid to high 30's at the half -- meaning we only scored like 12-15 points in the entire 2nd half. 2nd half must have been a disaster . what did we have at the half ? 34 or so ? We can pressure the ball a bunch as we do play good D , we better , shooting is serious issue with this team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”