SEOPS Hippo

Re: Minford vs HuntingtonPrep

Post by Ironman92 »

An average of 3.71875 to 1.09375 per minute

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

Hats off to Minfords staff for allowing and wanting to play that caliber of a team. Most coaches might b more concerned about their record vs getting their boys an experience of a lifetime. Minford will do well this year and this lets them know and other top teams that your not as good as you think you are and you need to work on your game year round even if its 1 hr a day. If you want to be the best. Also what a great thing coach Fulford did by playing this game. Scioto co got a chance to see 5-8 D1 caliber players in Minford. This will only increase their following locally. Hope they packed the house and had standing room only . Hope Minford players/fans enjoyed the experience. And HP gained some fans .

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

32hornets wrote:Hats off to Minfords staff for allowing and wanting to play that caliber of a team. Most coaches might b more concerned about their record vs getting their boys an experience of a lifetime. Minford will do well this year and this lets them know and other top teams that your not as good as you think you are and you need to work on your game year round even if its 1 hr a day. If you want to be the best. Also what a great thing coach Fulford did by playing this game. Scioto co got a chance to see 5-8 D1 caliber players in Minford. This will only increase their following locally. Hope they packed the house and had standing room only . Hope Minford players/fans enjoyed the experience. And HP gained some fans .
I couldn't agree more - on all counts - 32hornets.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Fighting_Scots1 wrote:
32hornets wrote:Hats off to Minfords staff for allowing and wanting to play that caliber of a team. Most coaches might b more concerned about their record vs getting their boys an experience of a lifetime. Minford will do well this year and this lets them know and other top teams that your not as good as you think you are and you need to work on your game year round even if its 1 hr a day. If you want to be the best. Also what a great thing coach Fulford did by playing this game. Scioto co got a chance to see 5-8 D1 caliber players in Minford. This will only increase their following locally. Hope they packed the house and had standing room only . Hope Minford players/fans enjoyed the experience. And HP gained some fans .
Crowd was great!! They were standing three deep on the steps to the top section and around the walls. Police and refs tried to keep everyone safe the best they could. This was a good time and It was a tremendous experience for the boys. Hats off to HP players and staff. They were not a bit arrogant and put on a good show. Got home at a decent hour with the 6:30 tip off time as well... :-D

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Prep was so talented, but I was more impressed with how hard they played. They ran a great zone offense, hedged hard on all screens, and attacked the glass. Their coach never stopped coaching and it was a pleasure to watch them. They gained a fan tonight.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

drchap wrote:
Fighting_Scots1 wrote:
Crowd was great!! They were standing three deep on the steps to the top section and around the walls. Police and refs tried to keep everyone safe the best they could. This was a good time and It was a tremendous experience for the boys. Hats off to HP players and staff. They were not a bit arrogant and put on a good show. Got home at a decent hour with the 6:30 tip off time as well... :-D
Great to hear!! Wish I could have been there.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

Crab's brother wrote:Prep was so talented, but I was more impressed with how hard they played. They ran a great zone offense, hedged hard on all screens, and attacked the glass. Their coach never stopped coaching and it was a pleasure to watch them. They gained a fan tonight.
CB. I've only seen them 6/8 times last few yrs. but no matter it's a 15 pt game or a 65 pt blow out they play as hard defensively in the 4th as they do the very opening tip. Well coached and I agree with u. Defensively a joy to watch.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I want to say congrats to the falcons. I was very impressed with the way they played

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

What a game, unfortunately the Falcons didn't win, but a fun game to watch. Packed house.Very proud of all the boys. You could defiantly tell that the Rowe boy plays AAU, he didn't look nervous at all and played one heck of a game. Anxious to get this season started. Falcons play the Waverly Tigers at home on Friday.
Last edited by BBaller4Life on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Kudos to Falcons for scheduling them. Always been a fan of Huntington Prep

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

local superstar wrote:Kudos to Falcons for scheduling them. Always been a fan of Huntington Prep
Haven't they only been around for 5 seasons?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I too was impressed with Huntington Prep, they came out in full court press for a few possessions to set the tempo of the game and fell back into a zone and man some. The HP players never once seemed arrogant or as if they were too good to be at the school. They are def coached well and play hard for 4 quarters.

Everyone is applauding Minford for playing them, but did they honestly get better by playing them? I'm going to honestly say no. They had only maybe 7-9 times they got to move the ball around and looked good. The rest of the time they were just jacking up 3's because they were unable to get inside the arch.

I'm not downing the kids or anything so don't take it the wrong way, I think Minford would have been better off playing a great D1 - D2 team if there goal was to gain experience. (I'm not sure that was the goal, I would like to say money and the fact they get to say they played Huntington Prep.)

Gill-Caesar is by far the best player out on the court. He played hard and his talent will carry him far, last I heard UK was looking at him and is currently #19 in the ESPN 60 rankings for class of 2015.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

UK is definitely after Gill-Ceaser. Their is talk he will reclassify for 2014. Hopefully he becomes a part of big blue nation.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Ironman92 wrote:
local superstar wrote:Kudos to Falcons for scheduling them. Always been a fan of Huntington Prep
Haven't they only been around for 5 seasons?
Your point?

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Last edited by bluedude62 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bluedude62 wrote:Couldn't make the game but did a little background check of Huntington prep. They have 35 games scheduled this year and at present are 8-1. They lost a game 70-67 to Carlisle , Va earlier this year. Have scored over 100 points in six of their wins and 99 in another. Several underclassmen on the team including the two 6'10" players. O. J. Mayo (Now a Pro ) played on this team a few years back. They will play a game on ESPN on Dec. 10 @ 9:00 p.m. Wish I could have made the game but recent surgery kept me home.
OJ Mayo played at Huntington High. Not Huntington Prep.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

The coaches and admins at HPREP have done a terrific job of building a program in a short amount of time. Kudos to Minford for playing the game and I'm sure everyone had a great time. The Minford kids will be able to watch MAJOR D1 basketball games and see the kids that they played against and possibly even NBA games down the road!

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Last edited by bluedude62 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Actually mayo started out at south point until 5th grade I believe, then attended rose hill Christian (ky) 6-8 grade, then to college hill 9-11, then his senior year at Huntington high.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

More73 wrote:Actually mayo started out at south point until 5th grade I believe, then attended rose hill Christian (ky) 6-8 grade, then to college hill 9-11, then his senior year at Huntington high.
This is correct. I live near Huntington and still don't understand this Huntington Prep thing. It wasn't and still isn't even a real school. Last year or so, they joined Huntington St. Joseph which has never had a very good basketball program and the kids go to school there now. Huntington St. Joseph's name was changed to St. Joseph Central and they still aren't very good. I wanna know how one school has two basketball programs? Mayo never played for what is now Huntington St. Joseph Prep, but would have if they were around back then. Starting to think he had a hand in the imaginary school forming though. With the nation's top players wanting to play for Huntington St. Joseph Prep, I believe it's unfair to schedule regular high schools against them. It's more like a college if ya ask me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”