Mandatory fines for chronic fan or coach troublemakers

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Mandatory fines for chronic fan or coach troublemakers

Post by Blackcobra »

Each school should have in place fines for fans who get out or control and get tossed from a facility. In these economic times schools and law enforcement need some extra cash, so $ 100 for the school, $100 for the arresting dept., 2 bucks from each fan if we get to see the taser used lol

athens78
All State

Re: Mandatory fines for chronic fan or coach troublemakers

Post by athens78 »

Actually I've heard the SHL has a policy in place that any fan that is tossed they are fined on the sport for Disorderly conduct. That has cut down on stupid outburst by fans. it should be a policy in all leagues.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

It would be a great way to raise funds. Kind of like the Pac 12 commissioner. He goes in and says, how about you guys tossing a few fans tonight? Like we really need the rabbit ears to have another reason to toss fans?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Schools couldn't fine you, now the county courts could.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

We could just leave it alone and leave the courts out of it. There will be yelling and cheering it is a basketball game. That is what people do at ball games.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Charge wrote:We could just leave it alone and leave the courts out of it. There will be yelling and cheering it is a basketball game. That is what people do at ball games.

Agree

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

I think they should fine people. Kids need to be shown there is a penalty for ignorant peoples actions. After all you cant beat folks up anymore :lol: the ones that run off at the mouth are the worst. Like criminals, it just encourages them with no punishment. I've seen refs attacked, coaches threatened, even kids and women pushed during a fan/ parents "blow up". Heck yea fine the crap out of em. And Dino, that was funny.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

That is assault and should be taken care of. But as long as a fan/parent isn't cursing they paid there $6 leave them alone.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Yes, what I meant was the ones that threaten, curse other fans, refs etc. Cheer, complain yes, make individuals, refs, coaches feel threatened physically or verbally fine them! Oh its coming :?:

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Let's hear from a few SHL fans about this topic. I have heard and believe that it has had a positive effect on the actions of fans. No one wants a Disorderly Conduct on their record. I like the idea of it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

My only issue is that I've seen refs toss out people that are just in the general area of a troublemaker and not the troublemaker themselves. Also, refs seem to have incredible rabbit ears towards everything now, but I do like the idea in general. I know we pay our money to watch the games, but that doesn't give anyone the right to threaten or do any of the like towards the officials.

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

The SHL or SHAC has addressed this issue and it has reduced the truly abusive fans. I agree that personal threats and abusive language should never be tolerated, but I also think that an occasional criticism is ok.

I'm sure we can all think of a few officials that are " WAY " past their prime and some that really never had a prime. Not just anyone can be a basketball official, the job requires athleticism, coordination and most of all instincts. The problem is "anyone" can become a basketball official, pay your fees, attend a few classes and your in.

AD's, coaches and league scheduler's do their best to weed out the bad but it's difficult, the good officials are always booked solid.

So my observation is this, if your officiating for the money (You should quit ASAP) you will never be successful. If you do it for the "love of the game" you will be able to handle the criticisms and you will cherish the rewards.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

an occasional "hey ref, Cmon" is often fun, I agree there are some refs with anger issues as well or power trips. Its that way everywhere,there are alot of good passionate refs as well,I see parents of kids that they THINK should be ALLSTARS pushing every call in their kids favor, if not they blow up lol Spectators that Curse constantly, add the constant threat physically, push people etc need fined. News flash 98% percent of people think their kid or their player is WAY better than they are, they will not play D1college ball and if they happen to be over 6'6'' and do make it, their playing time most likely be minimal, so relax, enjoy the game.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

This is a ridiculous idea. I was tossed from a freshman game this past year for hollaring at the officials to get it right. It was a daddy and his kid calling the game. Daddy ran across the court and told me to leave, wasn't even in the area when I said something to his little baby boy. I never used abusive language or cussed or anything, all I said was get it right.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Pupleblood no way u should have been tossed, that is bad.

Return to “Boys Basketball”