TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by 93Bulldog »

Forget the TVC stuff ... I'm preparing to coach - and bring a team - from Athens into the fold!!!

We may not have more talent - but I'm confident I can outcoach the fella from Belpre ... lol

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Usually if a player is getting mentioned that no one has heard of there is good reason. It is called a parent, relative or player posting. I am going to pick Therriault on the fact that he had an outstanding season last year. I think he will win POY hands down. I am going with Trimble to win the league as long as they don't get to late of start from football.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Trimble will be very good, but I am not a fan of Coach Moore. I think his JV coach does a great job, but I just don't think Coach Moore is the right coach to get the Tomcats to the next level. They got beat by a very average Miller team handily in the Sectional Finals in a game where I thought they would have a good chance at winning.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:Forget the TVC stuff ... I'm preparing to coach - and bring a team - from Athens into the fold!!!

We may not have more talent - but I'm confident I can outcoach the fella from Belpre ... lol
You can no doubt outcoach ole WarriorBlue but My guys will run thru a brick wall for me. I'll take them ANYTIME against ANYBODY in the TVC.
BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!!!

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Howie will have the boys ready at F-H. I look for them to make a run at the league again. :12224

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Steegal wrote:Howie will have the boys ready at F-H. I look for them to make a run at the league again. :12224
Are you his father?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dont sleep on Belpre this year. Word on the street is Miller who didn't play as a Freshman is playing this year.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

miller wont make an impact for belpre

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

G.W.A. wrote:
Steegal wrote:Howie will have the boys ready at F-H. I look for them to make a run at the league again. :12224
Are you his father?
Is Howie still coachin them boys at Eastern? I hope he's stilla coachin cus I always liked ole Gilligan.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

billybob55 wrote:miller wont make an impact for belpre
You can't be serious. This kid is a VERY good basketball player and will be HUGE for Belpre. Wanna bet a dinner?

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

I saw him play this summer and I wasn't impressed

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

billybob55 wrote:I saw him play this summer and I wasn't impressed
Maybe not but since he hasn't played competive basketball in 2 years I'm sure that' was the case. If you wanna wager what the end result will be, put your money where your mouth is. It isn't as if the TVC Hocking is loaded with talent, maybe one of the worst leagues in the state. It doesn't take a whole lot to be all conference. Belpre will win the league and their top 3 players, Nick Therriut, Tavian Miller and DeSean Begood will all be selected ALL TVC Hocking.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Where did you see him play this summer since he only played in one AAU tournament over the summer and it wasn't around here.Ask some of the kids from your school who may have played against him in Jr High and see if they agree with you.In any case he doesn't have to impress you because you evidently don't know anything about basketball anyway.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

He was good in jr High. I would say he will struggle with the pace of the game for about the first half of the year

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Not only was he just good, he was the best player in his grade in Washington or Wood Co. He is a great kid with a great work ethic. Like EVERY young player that 1st time through the schedule is a learning experience but the good ones learn. Miller has a very high basketball IQ and is one of the most athletic kids in the 2016 class in all the TVC. The kid started varsity Day 1 on the football and baseball teams. I'm quite shore that if he had played basketball he would have contributed to the Golden Eagles successful 2013 season. I'm not trying to say he is gonna go out and score 20 a night but he will be one of the better players on one of the better teams in the TVC Hocking.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
Where did you see him play this summer since he only played in one AAU tournament over the summer and it wasn't around here.Ask some of the kids from your school who may have played against him in Jr High and see if they agree with you.In any case he doesn't have to impress you because you evidently don't know anything about basketball anyway.
Oh so it must have been a different Tavian Miller playing for belpre in williamstown this summer. Therriault is the only good player on that team

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

billybob55 wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote:
Oh so it must have been a different Tavian Miller playing for belpre in williamstown this summer. Therriault is the only good player on that team
Yea he played once in that summer league not having practiced with the team since he was busy with football conditioning and 7 on 7's. What makes you such a great judge of basketball talent that you can make those kind of assumptions.I doubt if you ever played the game or know anything about basketball so save your assessment for those pioneer valley conference teams

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

interesting :lol:

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

So how are you related to him? He's a decent player I'm just saying I don't think he is good enough to make an impact. We will just see. I don't know how you think a sophomore that has never played a single varsity minute can make an impact on any team

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Eagle pawpaw i don't think belpre was conditioning much in June for football they couldn't even get through 3 quarters in week two without cramping. I watched mr miller more than once in williamstown and also playing aau in Parkersburg (if that's the far away tourney you should quit walking everywhere and ask for rides). I thought he carried his team in aau but was lazy at times. (Who isn't in aau?). But in the summer league where teams played more organized defenses he struggled getting to his spots. He will be a top 10 player in the tvc hocking. As for his jr high dominance over Washington county I'm pretty sure below doesn't play the other wash co teams in jr high. But he who can't pound the facts must pound the table.

Return to “Boys Basketball”