TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by Eaglepapaw »

J8fusl wrote:Eagle pawpaw i don't think belpre was conditioning much in June for football they couldn't even get through 3 quarters in week two without cramping. I watched mr miller more than once in williamstown and also playing aau in Parkersburg (if that's the far away tourney you should quit walking everywhere and ask for rides). I thought he carried his team in aau but was lazy at times. (Who isn't in aau?). But in the summer league where teams played more organized defenses he struggled getting to his spots. He will be a top 10 player in the tvc hocking. As for his jr high dominance over Washington county I'm pretty sure below doesn't play the other wash co teams in jr high. But he who can't pound the facts must pound the table.
Weight training started in May,given Helmet and equipment on the 29th first 7 on 7 on June 12th,His only AAU tournament in the "summer" was June 7th in Myrtle Beach.I only remember him playing in Williamstown once because he wasn't sure if he was going to play Basketball next year and he wanted to concentrate on football.I'm not saying he is going to be the next Lebron James if he plays for Belpre but I don't feel anyone should be putting him down not even knowing him and maybe seeing him play once or twice in a summer league.If he wants to know how I am related to him he can figure it out by my screen name.People said he wouldn't make a good quarterback for Belpre as a Freshman but he proved them wrong by being named All Southeast Ohio District 1st team and Honorable Mention All Ohio.Kids cramp up in early season games all the time no matter how much conditioning they do in early summer.People need to let him show what he can do when the season starts and save their assessments for then.Never did I say he was going to be a great player or anything else about playing for Belpre but I will defend him against anyone who tries to put him down as that other poster did.Sorry if I offended anyone for doing that.

91blue14
SE

Re: TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

Post by 91blue14 »

he is a pretty good baseball player :mrgreen:

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Well as mr millers grandfather you should be very proud of him. I talk to chandler after every football game and he said that while other players were saying things and acting on them trying to cause him physical harm tav stepped in and put an end to it. That's a tall task for a sophomore in a blowout situation shows a lot of poise on that young mans part.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Does south gallia think Greer can win by himself?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

J8fusl wrote:Well as mr millers grandfather you should be very proud of him. I talk to chandler after every football game and he said that while other players were saying things and acting on them trying to cause him physical harm tav stepped in and put an end to it. That's a tall task for a sophomore in a blowout situation shows a lot of poise on that young mans part.
Absolutely I am very proud of him and will always support him.I'm not sure who Chandler is but if he is the player I think you are referring to I know he is one heck of a football player and I know that Tavian would react that way.He loves to compete against the best players but he also respects them.I wish Chandler all the luck for the rest of the season and the playoffs and hope to see him competing against Belpre and Tavian on the basketball court this season.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre should contend for the Hocking title but so should Fed Hock, Trimble and Southern. Either of these 4 teams has a shot of being conference champ this year. JMHO.

As for the discussion on the Miller boy for Belpre...he will make a solid impact on the program as will Begood. This gives added help for Therriut and other returning players.

As for him missing a year, yes it will take him time to get back into "basketball" shape etc. However, he is a good enough athlete that this should help him, especially in the first half of the season.

Added depth for any team is a good thing and Miller will only add to Belpre's depth even though I would think he will be a starter from the beginning. A teams depth isn't necessarily about players 6-12, its about players 1-12. Also, having a solid rotation from 1-8 is a huge advantage. Having as many quailty starters as you can get allows for some of the other players who aren't as good yet, get some quailty playing time against other players of their skill level i.e. JV games.

Players want to play but they want to have some success, both as a team and as an individual, and not go out and get schooled by playing up every game.

I'm sure coach Thornhill will put Belpre in the best possible position to be successful every game. That's what good coaches do and he is a good coach and has a good staff. I don't expect Belpre to go undefeated. I do think a very realistic record for Belpre, provided they stay healthy, is 14-6 or 15-5. This will put them in the hunt for a championship. I think that is all any good fan would want, a chance to win a title.

As always, the big key of a successful season isn't necessarily your overall record but how you finish the season and how you progress from day one until the end. Some teams just look to get the season over with. Other teams hate for it to end. I hope Belpre will be one of those teams that will hate to see the season end.

Good luck and good health to all the teams.

As always...

LET GO EAGLES!!!

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

I wasn't impressed with Miller as a QB. Hope he's better at bball since you're tooting his horn. Greer picked him off and SG gave the game away with fumbles.

The Rebels will be top 3 in basketball this year you watch.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

256pride wrote:I wasn't impressed with Miller as a QB. Hope he's better at bball since you're tooting his horn. Greer picked him off and SG gave the game away with fumbles.

The Rebels will be top 3 in basketball this year you watch.
Sounds like a "HATER" to me. Using your logic Braxton Miller isn't a good QB either lol. Belpre will be young but with Theriutt the young Eagles will be contend for a TVC Hocking title.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

South gallia in the top 3? Come on now

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

billybob55 wrote:Does south gallia think Greer can win by himself?

LOL, well one of those votes was mine and I will admit I'm biased since Greer is my son. First of all nobody wins on their own but I think they will be a better team than people give them credit for. Seniors Wheeler, Swain, and Slone will all make significant contributions while Hutchinson will continue to improve after leading the team in rebounding as a freshman last year. Another player to watch is Ehman who will be a sophomore and is a hard-nosed defender and a knock down 3 point shooter that can really handle the ball. Spurlock will take up space, rebound and score as a senior after not playing last year, he will help tremendously. Overall they will be a much improved team from last season and they were in nearly every game last year. Also my son is a better player this year than he was a sophomore, he had a good AAU season after school ball last year and added strength in the off-season especially while playing football this year.

I will put my .02 in on the Hocking coming up this year. IMHO Southern, Trimble, Belpre, and South Gallia can all win the league and those 4 should be the top 4 in the league I'm just not sure what order yet. Southern has great size with Drummer and Teaford in the middle and Wolfe can just flat out play, I know that from coaching him for years in AAU, he's a great kid. Trimble might win the state in football so may take a little while to get going in bball but they have some good talent. Belpre has Theirrault that I've seen and the other kids I hear good stuff about I look for them to be as tough as anyone.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

From Watching the rebels play last season they will have to really really improve to be in the top half of the league

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

Belpre has the best player in the conference by far with therriault. he will avg a double double and 20+. also has some really low key weapons with miller,pribble,bedgood,ferrel,petty with there schedule this year they should go min. 17-5. ;-)

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Is Howie stilla coachin them ther boys at Eastern. I hope so. I always tooka likin to him stompin that dad gun foot and a starin down them refs. He helped Carl back in the day at Racine and almost won the hole danged state. If hesa coachin em thayll be in the mixin come champeenship time thats fer shur.

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

I think this is how it plays out!!

Belpre 17-5(13-3)
trimble 16-6(12-4)
southern 14-8(10-6)
miller 12-10(8-8)
fed hock 13-9(8-8)
S. Gallia 9-13(6-10)
eastern 6-16(3-13)
Waterford 5-17(3-13)

player of the year: Therriault (Belpre)
coach of the year: hornhill (Belpre)
:12224

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

redsoxs300 wrote:I think this is how it plays out!!

Belpre 17-5(13-3)
trimble 16-6(12-4)
southern 14-8(10-6)
miller 12-10(8-8)
fed hock 13-9(8-8)
S. Gallia 9-13(6-10)
eastern 6-16(3-13)
Waterford 5-17(3-13)

Do these teams play sixteen league games?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

yes they do

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Curious, for scouting purposes, who are the non-league games for these teams. My interest is solely based on the fact that we play Belpre twice this winter.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

The Dog wrote:Is Howie stilla coachin them ther boys at Eastern. I hope so. I always tooka likin to him stompin that dad gun foot and a starin down them refs. He helped Carl back in the day at Racine and almost won the hole danged state. If hesa coachin em thayll be in the mixin come champeenship time thats fer shur.
I see you are still talking about that "almost championship" from 31 years ago. :lol: FYI Howdee hasn't coached "them ther boys at Eastern" for a few years now. :mrgreen:

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

redsoxs300 wrote:I think this is how it plays out!!

Belpre 17-5(13-3)
trimble 16-6(12-4)
southern 14-8(10-6)
miller 12-10(8-8)
fed hock 13-9(8-8)
S. Gallia 9-13(6-10)
eastern 6-16(3-13)
Waterford 5-17(3-13)

Waterford last?! That's hilarious