TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

The Dog
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Hocking 2013-2014

Post by The Dog »

RacineHustlinTornadoForLife wrote:I'm just glad none of the Racine boys got hurt playing football. Now let's see if we can win a TVC championship in basketball. It's long over due and if Wahama doesn't use that cheating ref again this year I think we can do it.

Good thinkin Hustler. I think yer on ta somthin.

tomcat15

Post by tomcat15 »

The winds of change are blowing in Glouster and if the right guy gets it going........well ......the sleeping giant will awaken. Lets just say that a proven winner is waiting his chance.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

tomcat15 wrote:The winds of change are blowing in Glouster and if the right guy gets it going........well ......the sleeping giant will awaken. Lets just say that a proven winner is waiting his chance.

What is Howie thinking about jumping ship again since the tomkitties have some athletes? LOL

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

Here's your schedule for teams from the TVC Hocking:
http://seohiosports.com/schedules/boysb ... ocking.php

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I will have schedules up this week sometime. Gonna be tight with football going so long ... :)

marklane ... PM me

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

any word on how South Gallia has done thus far? 23 people pick them to win.. nobody says why..... :shock:

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

billybob55 wrote:any word on how South Gallia has done thus far? 23 people pick them to win.. nobody says why..... :shock:

We have had a few scrimmages but i only went to one at home but they looked good at that one against sciotoville east. I don't think east is going to have a great team or anything so its hard to tell for sure yet.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I think the TVC Hocking is going to be wide open. Whom ever wins the league will do so with a few losses. SG pretty much returns everyone and has added a few players that for whatever reason did not play last season. While the team did not end with a winning record last year it seemed like most every loss was by 2-3 point margins. They will have a lot of depth. The Greer kid is an excellent playmaker and perhaps the best guard in Hocking.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I watched Miller play last night. They did a good job starting out trapping/pressing FC early in the first quarter (playing to a strength they might have with Rader at 6'2 being their tallest player), but Fisher found ways to penetrate the passing lanes to break the press. After that, FC just took control of the game. Fisher forced a lot of turnovers and Miller's guards couldn't find much going in the 3rd quarter, where the game basically slipped away. Final was 77-59 Fisher, but it should've been higher as FC shot 21 for 39 from the free throw line. Miller didn't have much of an answer for the inside and outside game and couldn't hold down on Fisher's fast break opportunities. I saw South Gallia was in the stands scouting, that's a drive just to scout.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

The FC Fan wrote:I watched Miller play last night. They did a good job starting out trapping/pressing FC early in the first quarter (playing to a strength they might have with Rader at 6'2 being their tallest player), but Fisher found ways to penetrate the passing lanes to break the press. After that, FC just took control of the game. Fisher forced a lot of turnovers and Miller's guards couldn't find much going in the 3rd quarter, where the game basically slipped away. Final was 77-59 Fisher, but it should've been higher as FC shot 21 for 39 from the free throw line. Miller didn't have much of an answer for the inside and outside game and couldn't hold down on Fisher's fast break opportunities. I saw South Gallia was in the stands scouting, that's a drive just to scout.
How many free throws did Miller shoot? Who committed most of the fouls for Miller? I was told that Miller had 3 starters on the bench for much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters in foul trouble. They will need to fix that issue, if it is one, if they want to be successful this season.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I smell bad wrote:
The FC Fan wrote:I watched Miller play last night. They did a good job starting out trapping/pressing FC early in the first quarter (playing to a strength they might have with Rader at 6'2 being their tallest player), but Fisher found ways to penetrate the passing lanes to break the press. After that, FC just took control of the game. Fisher forced a lot of turnovers and Miller's guards couldn't find much going in the 3rd quarter, where the game basically slipped away. Final was 77-59 Fisher, but it should've been higher as FC shot 21 for 39 from the free throw line. Miller didn't have much of an answer for the inside and outside game and couldn't hold down on Fisher's fast break opportunities. I saw South Gallia was in the stands scouting, that's a drive just to scout.
How many free throws did Miller shoot? Who committed most of the fouls for Miller? I was told that Miller had 3 starters on the bench for much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters in foul trouble. They will need to fix that issue, if it is one, if they want to be successful this season.
Yes, Miller had lots of foul trouble early on and thoroughout the game (it's not why they lost). They had three players who had three fouls with a minute left in the first half. Rader was one of them IIRC. By the end of the game, they had at two players foul out, even when the game was so out of reach. I'm not sure on the exact number of FT's Miller shot but I'm going to say <12. I know #24 was one of the players who fouled out, because he then let us know we were number one after the game. I believe #20 or #25 (if there was a #25... there was another one but I remember the second kid was very calm and collected) was the other one who fouled out. Miller plays pretty hard to their credit, but they also can play scrappy in a way.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Supposedly the best team in your league got waxed at home 80-56.

triple threat
Waterboy

Post by triple threat »

I think Trimble will win Hocking. They have a deep bench. Who knows who the starters will be. Standley, Koons, Ward, Slack, Couch, Bragg, Downs, Spears, Kish, Clark, and then you have two sophomores that should get A LOT of playing time. Guthrie and Jenkins. Guthrie had a ACL injury last year. Play really well in summer ball and Jenkins will be strong also.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

Who are the best teams thus far in the season?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

billybob55 wrote:Who are the best teams thus far in the season?
Do you have a hat? Throw about 5 teams in their and pull one out.

:mrgreen:

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

tomcat2011 wrote:I think Trimble will win Hocking. They have a deep bench. Who knows who the starters will be. Standley, Koons, Ward, Slack, Couch, Bragg, Downs, Spears, Kish, Clark, and then you have two sophomores that should get A LOT of playing time. Guthrie and Jenkins. Guthrie had a ACL injury last year. Play really well in summer ball and Jenkins will be strong also.

So did the seniors from Trimble decide to play? I know at one time they were saying they were NOT going to play.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

South Gallia 4-0 beat Federal Hocking

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

south Gallia is 3-0 unless I missed a game

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

91blue14 wrote:south Gallia is 3-0 unless I missed a game
You are correct ... http://trivalleyconference.com/South_Gallia.html

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

I realize Trimble hasnt played a game yet, but I'm willing to say Jenkins will be as good as any player in the league this year. As a Sophmore, the kid is the real deal, I only hope the coach's playing style doesnt effect his game

Return to “Boys Basketball”