Waterboy

New Southeastern coach?

Post by Jerry Newman »

Who will take over?

Deeefense
Riding the Bench

Re: New Southeastern coach?

Post by Deeefense »

I keep hearing it's Jeran Cox's if he wants it. He was very successful as the Girls coach at Adena in his four years there.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

So Coach Uhrig did step down? I had heard a rumor, but was hoping it wasn't true. He's a good young coach.

I think Jeran would transition well to the boys game, but with the group SE has in the school now, I think there will be a lot of qualified coaches jumping at this chance if Jeran doesn't.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

They should give Chris Younge a look.

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

Larry Jordan???

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I understand that Kyle will be the Assistant Principal at Circleville next year that is why he stepped down.

walkonwater2003
Waterboy

Post by walkonwater2003 »

I dont think Jeran Cox could come right over and translate well to the boys game and have good success.

fbcoach33
Waterboy

Post by fbcoach33 »

Cox would be a great choice do they have any teaching jobs open?

chopper77
Waterboy

Post by chopper77 »

Coach Cox resigned from Adena to spend more time with his family. Why would he take another coaching job now?

fbcoach33
Waterboy

Post by fbcoach33 »

Everything is about timing thats why I asked if SE had any teaching jobs. If he has dreams of being a boys coach and he is a teacher. If they have a teaching job and he wants to get into a boys program seems like it would be a good decision. I think they have good talent and talent coming. Seems like a win for both sides IMO

Deeefense
Riding the Bench

Post by Deeefense »

According to OHSAA website, they have PE/Health, Social Studies, and Math available. I believe Jeran teaches PE at Adena. I have heard he's been making some phone calls to get a staff together. His wife is a 1,000 point scorer at Southeastern so he obviously has some ties to the district.

Some other names I've heard are Eric Snyder, Bryan Alley, Tyler Cassidy, Matt Carson, Drew Meister, and Shawn Blue. Should be interesting to see what happens with this very attractive job. One thing I don't like about this is that Southeastern is taking applications until May 24th so whoever is the next coach will be behind in their summer schedule.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Would love to see the list of applicants for this position. I would bet multiple SVC assistants and maybe even a head coach or 2 have or will apply.

cavsbbk
Waterboy

Post by cavsbbk »

Allow me to be the first to say Drew Meister does not belong on that list. But if the next coach wants to put a team in the Chillicothe 7/8 grade shootout there is an open invitation.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Alley and Snyder would both be good choices. They are the only ones I see listed that are from Southeastern. They were both there during the height of SE basketball and know what people in the area consider successful. Both have head coaching experience in the league and would have no problem getting a staff together. Nothing against the other coaches listed, but I really hope they hire a Southeastern guy.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Couldn't agree more with Sid, I have heard more than a few have been told the job is theirs by people that will be involved in the hiring if only they would apply. So far cox has been the only one to bite, don't think the others are buying what they are selling, best of luck to the next coach.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Bring back the legend and he can get # 600 there.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

I agree...Larry needs to finish his career there.
If not, Cox would be a great choice, but what does that say to Adena? Didn't he leave for family reasons?
I look forward to seeing who is chosen. When is the deadline?

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

I am hearing their could be a bear roaming the southeastern sidelines next year!

steadyEd
Waterboy

Post by steadyEd »

That would be odd for Cox to take the job after leaving Adena for family time.
Can't imagine hiring Jordan if you are trying to build a program.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

ukfanatic wrote:I am hearing their could be a bear roaming the southeastern sidelines next year!
Wow! Seriously?

Return to “Boys Basketball”