New Southeastern coach?

The Narddog
Waterboy

Re: New Southeastern coach?

Post by The Narddog »

miggyt wrote:
The Narddog wrote:
LS1976 wrote:I have heard from a few Panther birdies of a power struggle with the school board president and school administrators has caused this entire process to kill all applicants chances to be on a level playing field, a lot of misinformation being tossed around, look for Cox to be hired with Gary Kellough to be his assistant. May be the best thing for this program to hire a young coach like Cox with a extremely knowledgeable and State Champion coach but no doubt politics did play in this choice.
I would hope this is not true. No board member should be involved in hiring employees. That's what administrators are for. If this kind of thing is happening at SE, I could see them losing some quality students and student athletes. Intelligent parents will no put up with those kinds of things happening. Hopefully, there is no truth to this.
Hate to break it to ya, but board members always have to "be involved in hiring employees" because they approve them at board meetings. It's the law. Now, if you want to talk about influence, well, that train left the station a long, long time ago, and it's nothing new to SE or any other place.
I'm aware that the school board approves hires. However, they should not be involved in the process. The administration should recommend who they want to be hired to the board. Then, the board votes yes or no. Anything more I think would be an abuse of power.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

There are more problems down here than you can imagine. Everybody wants to control everything and no one can get along. Power struggle from hell. The off the court issues are nuts and the on the court coaching issues just add fuel to this fire.

Burg20051
Waterboy

Post by Burg20051 »

Main Man wrote:There are more problems down here than you can imagine. Everybody wants to control everything and no one can get along. Power struggle from hell. The off the court issues are nuts and the on the court coaching issues just add fuel to this fire.

You are SO correct, admin and school board want complete control over everything at that school, and the off the court issues, well, let's just say there is no accountability and they need to drug test at the high school levels, some parents addressed this issue during this past bball season and it was ignored, more than likely because they knew all but a few kids would fail................no kid is perfect, but hopefully Cox has some strict rules and enforces them. They do have a handbook the kids sign, but it hasn't been enforced.

fbcoach33
Waterboy

Post by fbcoach33 »

Cox will make a great young coach for the Panthers. I'm sure the family reason to take time off was legit. Most young coaches have to start out on the girls side and than come to the boys. Everything is about right time, right place. SE is in a good way with talent and talent coming. IMO sometimes when an a chance at a good job comes open you have to change your plans and go after it if not this chance might not come up again. Good Luck to Coach Cox and SE the league just got alot better with a good young coach coming..

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Is this official? I've seen nothing in the paper and have heard nothing on the radio, yet everyone is saying Cox is the coach. Where did everyone get this info?

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

It's not official yet. The School Board meets 6/24. They could vote on the boys bball coach and the football coach.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I was just talking about how far behind they would be in their summer programs if they waited until 6/24. Smart decision and what is best for the kids moving forward.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Jaren talks about why he took the job ...

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/artic ... ew-coaches

sebuckeye
Waterboy

Post by sebuckeye »

How many chilli kids may come to Se when they find out coach K is Jerans varsity assistant?

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

I've heard through the old grape vine that the kids don't care for Cox, and summer practice didn't go that well. SE has had some talen the last few years, it's a shame it has gone to waste, and may this year without good coaching.

The previous comments about the SE board are correct. They are all a bunch of power hungry fools, and need to go! That includes the athletic director. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. It's too bad what has happened to that school district.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

I actually heard from one player that he liked Cox very much. At any rate, I think it is important to support the new coach, especially since he has yet to coach a game for the Panthers. He has proven he can win so I am optimistic about what Coach Cox will bring to the Southeastern basketball program.
GoBlue22 wrote:I've heard through the old grape vine that the kids don't care for Cox, and summer practice didn't go that well. SE has had some talen the last few years, it's a shame it has gone to waste, and may this year without good coaching.

The previous comments about the SE board are correct. They are all a bunch of power hungry fools, and need to go! That includes the athletic director. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. It's too bad what has happened to that school district.

Return to “Boys Basketball”