Who will be the next Coach ay Wheelersburg?

outsider
Freshman Team

Re: Who will be the next Coach ay Wheelersburg?

Post by outsider »

Why would anyone want to come to the Burg. They blame the coach for losing even if he doesn't have
any talent. They do not want to see it that way but unfortunately it has been in some sports at the
Burg for the past several years.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

freebee wrote:Why would anyone want to come to the Burg. They blame the coach for losing even if he doesn't have
any talent. They do not want to see it that way but unfortunately it has been in some sports at the
Because there are tons of talented kids that should have been playing the last 10 years that didn't play for what ever reason! There have been more talent in the stands than on the floor! Wheelersburg is a goal mine! I seen the posting on the ohsaa web site. It will be interesting to see who will apply.........

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

then what wrote:
freebee wrote:Why would anyone want to come to the Burg. They blame the coach for losing even if he doesn't have
Because there are tons of talented kids that should have been playing the last 10 years that didn't play for what ever reason! There have been more talent in the stands than on the floor! Wheelersburg is a goal mine! I seen the posting on the ohsaa web site. It will be interesting to see who will apply.........
Like who? This is just a stupid statement. Please tell all of SEOPS who all was walking the halls of Wheelersburg High School that were better than the kids that won a ton of games and made several regional and a couple of state appearances over the last 10 years..... Ridiculous!

Goal mine? HAHA!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

how about stormin normin?

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

then what wrote: Like who? This is just a stupid statement. Please tell all of SEOPS who all was walking the halls of Wheelersburg High School that were better than the kids that won a ton of games and made several regional and a couple of state appearances over the last 10 years..... Ridiculous!

Goal mine? HAHA!
Creigmiles, Kemper, Parsley, shankwiler, Hopper,Carmicle, Mccallister,Conn, Hutcinson, Warner, Howard, Thurmer and I'm sure I am missing a few! I still say its a great job! That's why Louvengouth stayed for 20 years and Barrick for 19. The pirates has been through some unathletic classes the last few years but with the classes coming up the talent level will be improving. Valley has had a talent level the last few years that burg had for a long period of time. I take nothing away from Valley and they have had some great seasons but from what I can see at the freshman and jr high levels Valley will not be competing in the near future. Barrick is a great Coach and he will be missed but there was several kids that didn't play that should have and would have made the team way better!

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

The players that u mentioned weren't basketball players. Basketball would have been their 3rd sport. None of those guys worked at the game if basketball. I think (not for sure) Lovenguth at Burg for 11 years? Barrick was great. Won games when he had less talent. He'll b missed. Lets talk about future not past. Who's going to step in and try to fill the job? If I were from Burg, I'd be hesitant about Eaton. Too young, no success at McClain , and lastly-- you will have to deal with the psycho brother!

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

then what wrote:
then what wrote: Like who? This is just a stupid statement. Please tell all of SEOPS who all was walking the halls of Wheelersburg High School that were better than the kids that won a ton of games and made several regional and a couple of state appearances over the last 10 years..... Ridiculous!

Goal mine? HAHA!
Creigmiles, Kemper, Parsley, shankwiler, Hopper,Carmicle, Mccallister,Conn, Hutcinson, Warner, Howard, Thurmer and I'm sure I am missing a few! I still say its a great job! That's why Louvengouth stayed for 20 years and Barrick for 19. The pirates has been through some unathletic classes the last few years but with the classes coming up the talent level will be improving. Valley has had a talent level the last few years that burg had for a long period of time. I take nothing away from Valley and they have had some great seasons but from what I can see at the freshman and jr high levels Valley will not be competing in the near future. Barrick is a great Coach and he will be missed but there was several kids that didn't play that should have and would have made the team way better!
Valley's junior high teams had tough teams this year, but their freshman class was pretty strong. Their best freshman started varsity and I think their JV team was mostly freshmen, and I think they beat Burg in both JV games.

The rest of your post is really reaching though. The kids you listed were good athletes but I don't remember them being difference makers and I have lived in the Burg for the last 22 years. Barrick was tough and you had to do things his way. Some people can handle it and have the desire to be a selfless team member, but others can't handle it. Many of the guys you listed had big football seasons and were top dogs, they had to start at the bottom again during hoops season because Barrick viewed every player the same. It is not on the coach to conform to the players! If those kids wanted to play they would have done it Barrick's way, and Barrick's way was extremely successful!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

lrn4lf wrote:The players that u mentioned weren't basketball players. Basketball would have been their 3rd sport. None of those guys worked at the game if basketball. I think (not for sure) Lovenguth at Burg for 11 years? Barrick was great. Won games when he had less talent. He'll b missed. Lets talk about future not past. Who's going to step in and try to fill the job? If I were from Burg, I'd be hesitant about Eaton. Too young, no success at McClain , and lastly-- you will have to deal with the psycho brother!

I realize it wasn't their primary sport but they were athletic kids that could have helped the team. Those are the kind of kids in the past that did play and it did make the teams better! That is the only down fall I seen with Coach Barrick He didn't reach out to those type kids. We are a small school and need the athletes to play all the sports to be successful in all three sports. Its not just Barrick but Estep and Woodward need to be understanding and be willing to work with schedules of other sports in their off seasons instead of holding it against the kids and pressuring them not to play other sports. As far as Brent Eaton goes he is a hell of a guy. Young yes but that is what we need someone that will be here for a while. He also knows the tradition and pride of Wheelersburg. Brent would pull the community together and carry on the tradition. Brent grew up in the gym with his dad being a coach for years. He was trained and taught by Coach VanMatre which was a heck of a coach. His record is a result of limited talent and playing larger schools and has not had time to implement his program. As far as the psycho brother goes he is one hell of a guy. He is dedicated to this school and has done a lot for our programs. It should also be mentioned that John Eaton is the reason we got new schools and with psycho brothers help we got great football facilities. I would think that the passion and dedication that the Eatons family has for Wheelersburg there should be top consideration for Brent. Hell if Brent has 1/2 the passion and drive as his dad and brothers we would be lucky to have him lead our basketball program!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

My understanding is that interviews are ongoing right now for the 12 applicants. A decision is expected to be made next week. I don't know any names, but I did hear that 3 current SOC coaches have applied.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:My understanding is that interviews are ongoing right now for the 12 applicants. A decision is expected to be made next week. I don't know any names, but I did hear that 3 current SOC coaches have applied.
I am pretty sure I know of two of them. I have a couple of guesses on the third.

tigernation
Riding the Bench

Post by tigernation »

Brent Eaton would be a great choice. He is Wheelersburg through and through. Knows the game - cares about kids.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

I heard it was the South Webster coach..........McCorkle has the south Webster ties and is bringing in his pal!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

then what wrote:I heard it was the South Webster coach..........McCorkle has the south Webster ties and is bringing in his pal!
I have not heard that one, but hopefully we will know the final decision later this week.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The rumor floating around town today is that a coach has been hired. Any truth to this?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: unfortunately, I heard today from a couple of people I trust that Ater got the job. People at Burg and around the area will see what most of South Webster already knew, in that Coach Ater is one of the best young coaches around here. With his emphasis on defense and rebounding, combined with Burg's athletes, Burg will be a force for years to come. Great hire for Burg, HUGE loss for South Webster.*

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Wow, I didn't know Ater applied for it. But good luck to him. Did Eaton withdraw his name or was he a finalist? There are a lot of burg supporters that thought he would be the next coach.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Heard there was a party in Webster last night!

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

I can't believe Brennon Eaton didnt get this job! From burg and is phenomenal coach. I'm very disappointed in Burg wow

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

They hired a proven winner . Cant argue , as a ND fan glad to see that guy leave SW ! .

The Rock
Waterboy

Post by The Rock »

Wheelersburg certainly got that one right, it would be very hard to argue the facts.

Return to “Boys Basketball”