Wheelersburg Coach Tom Barrick Steps Down

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg Coach Tom Barrick Steps Down

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I seen on twitter from one of the Portsmouth Daily Times sports writers that Tom Barrick has stepped down as the head coach at Wheelersburg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Wheelersburg Coach Tom Barrick Steps Down

Post by Mad-Dogg »

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Brent Eaton Greenfield Mclain coach has been mentioned as his replacement. Tom Barrick is a heck of a basketball coach he will be missed. thanks coach Barrick for your dedication to the pirate basketball program.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Coach Barrick had 11 SOC titles and had a .750 winning percentage in his 19 years at Burg. That is going to be a tough act to follow. With Barrick staying on as a teacher, it may make finding a replacement a little tougher. I am not sure what other teachers could be retiring after this year to opening up some teaching spots.

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

Great run by Tom, not sure the talent level will be as good as it once was at the Burg. They ran through some great players.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Barrick is/was one of the best teachers of the game EVER- a legend ! ... seeing the Orange and Black without Coach Barrick court side will take time to digest ... I wish Coach Barrick the best in his time away from the game ... as to the next 'Burg head man - not sure they will ever meet the expectations that will hurled in his direction when HIS team takes the court in 2013-14 ...

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

I posted this on my Facebook and felt it was appropriate to post here:

15 years ago, I came to know one of the greatest men that I will ever know and I have been fortunate to call him my Coach, teacher, mentor, and most importantly, a great friend. Many students have become better adults for being lucky enough to have Tom Barrick as part of their life.

Coach, Enjoy this stage of your life. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me whether it be an encouraging word, a butt-ripping, or just being there when you knew I needed it. Kim, Kayla, and Logan, thank you for sharing your husband/father with all of us young men, I am a better teacher, coach, and man for having Coach Barrick in my life.

Clipboards are now safe in Wheelersburg!!

-Tony Williams
2002 Wheelersburg Grad
1999-2002 Mangager/Student Trainer
2003- Coaches Ade

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Will Barrick coach again?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Burg should simply look in house, several great candidates already coaching/ or have coached within the program.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

socfan .. nice post and I fully understand how you feel.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I would like to wish Coacher the best as he steps away from courtside of the Burg basketball program. The thing that most people do not realize is the amount of time it takes to coach at the high school level. I have many fond memories over the years watching Coach Barrick and Coach Massie make in game and half time adjustments. No one can ever say that Burg was not prepared to play a game. Thanks for many years of service by both of you.

Return to “Boys Basketball”