2013 Bannon Park Basketball Classic

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: 2013 Bannon Park Basketball Classic

Post by WarriorBlue »

What does the HS lineup look like for the Classic?

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

High school division is set for some great basketball:

Piketon vs. Marietta 4PM Friday July 5th : Winner plays Portsmouth at 5:45 PM
Dayton Northridge vs. Belpre 4:45 PM Friday July 5th: Winner plays Warren at 6:30 PM
Losers Bracket games at 7:30PM and 8:15PM
Winners Bracket games under "Friday Night Lights"
Games will start Saturday Morning at 9AM/ High School Division Championship will start Saturday at 12 noon.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Coach Lisath, Take the Chillicothe job and get us in this! plz

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Looking forward to seeing the Streaks vs. Marietta Friday, should be a dandy! "Here comes the Streaks"

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Kyre Allison may not be able to make the Classic due to another commitment. If he is not available to play, hopefully the Trojans can fill that big void. Even without Kyre, I look for the Trojans to be very competitive.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Hope to see the WARRIOR NATION out to see the kids play this weekend. Wonderful atmosphere and last chance to see the Warriors in action this summer.
Too bad Athens didn't get in to defend their title.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Streaks vs. Marietta Friday, should be a dandy! "Here comes the Streaks"
With Coach Duckworth taking over the reigns in Marietta I'm quite sure they are a new look team. Give Coach Duck time and the Tigers will be among SE Ohio elite.

marklduckworth
Freshman Team

Post by marklduckworth »

Thank you for the kind words. We are ready to go and the boys are looking forward to it.
New systems take time, but I do know we are much better than we were 2 months ago.
There are many challenges ahead, and we will be tested on how we handle adversity and tough times. Don't sleep on the Tigers, we will get better and better. Looking forward to spending some time with the team and mixing in some basketball. We have the early draw at 4:00.....so I will see you in Portsmouth my friend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... duck , pfloyd will be adding a Marietta game or two to this years must see list ... I look forward to seeing the New Look Tigers under your leadership ... lots of expectations with the size that you return for the upcoming season ... word on the street is that with a PG that can run the show Marietta WILL BE a team on the move UP the TreeHugger list ... best of luck with the Orange & Black Coach Duckworth ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

For anyone looking for some great summer bb, this is a must...and the food is good too.
I was home last summer and got to see the games,,,THEY are worth the time and effort
to go to...some of these young men just play so awesome...If you are close to the park
you owe it to yourself to go out and enjoy a great day of ball....for the posters that may go
would you please post some info on the games..
Thank you,

wipala from AZ

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

WarriorBlue: Athens did not win the high school division......... Last year Portsmouth became the first high school team to ever advance to the semifinals, and the Trojans nearly beat the eventual champions from Shawnee State, only losing to them by 3 points.

Looks like the games will have to moved indoors to the 8th street gym if the rain continues. Found out that Kyre Allison may be playing after all.......that will be a huge plus for the Trojans.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any results from today's/this evenings action ???

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

From what I saw
Piketon beat Marietta, not sure of score
Dayton Northridge beat Belpre, no score

Portsmouth beat Piketon 42-20? Didn't catch it just hearsay
Northridge beat Warren 44-40

Piketon beat Belpre 15-13 OT
Warren beat Marietta 34-13?

Portsmouth beat Northridge 42-28

Warren was up on Piketon when I left.

If score held Warren plays Northridge at 9:30
Winner plays Portsmouth at noon in championship.

Not 100% on all scores but just what I can recall.
Games are 2 15 minute running halves or to 42
If in OT it's sudden death first basket wins.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Final results for high school division for today

Had break in weather so we played outdoors.
Dayton Northridge beat Warren 36-30 or 38-32

Then Northridge played Portsmouth in the Championship where they'd have to beat Portsmouth twice to win it. Portsmouth won 42-30 to win the championship. Great games a lot of of really good talent on display. As always great to watch and a big thanks to Jeff and everyone who put on such a great event.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

:aaaaa14 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa58

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Excellent Tournament! My beloved Piketon Redstreaks held their own with a couple of nice wins, especially the sudden death win over Belpre! Portsmouth looked strong again ...winners of the HS Division, Dayton Northridge and Warren had one heck of a game with Northridge winning at the buzzer! Missed the outdoor atmosphere, but at times the gym was loud and on fire :evil:

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

What I saw at the BPC:

Very impressed with the Trojans.......they went undefeated in the high school division, beating a very good Dayton Northridge team twice, including the championship game. Warren was without Reece Patton, which hurt them no doubt. Piketon's Wyatt Brewster and Jeremy Farmer played well, Belpre has some nice talent that just needs to gel, and Marietta struggled quite a bit, and I don't know if they were missing some players. It is summer basketball, though, so things could change quite a bit by December.

Dayton Northridge.........a D3 Southwest District team whose JV's went 21-1 last year, and that talent showed. Coach Lisath has a good club, and the Polar Bears will definitely challenge for their league title (New Lebanon Dixie, New Carlisle Tecumseh, Dayton Oakwood, etc.) They have good balance with some quality bigs, guards, and depth. I look for Jeff to probably play a lot of opponents using the whole floor on defense, and he has the speed to push the ball up the floor.

As for the Trojans, I was very pleased with what I saw.......I think it's quite clear after watching them since early June, if our kids can hang on the glass with the opposition, some very good things will happen for the Red and Blue. I think the Trojan witnesses who watched our kids were mostly in agreement that they looked really good.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

As always, the BPC was a lot of fun, and Jeff along with his volunteers put in a lot of work to make it happen. I felt bad for the vendors in Bannon Park and on 14th street that the weather didn't cooperate for them. It was great to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a long time, and I forgot a few names. Overall, though, it was worth my time and I am looking forward to the 2014 edition!!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Thanks to all participants and everyone involved. Great games all weekend long. I hate the fact we had to move to the gym, but "it is what it is"...next year in the park! :122245

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

congrats once again Jeff on putting a great event together, one of these years Ill retire and be able to have a look.until then thanks for all the updates SEOP AND the Trojan updates from Dave!

Return to “Boys Basketball”