Beaver Eastern 2013-2014

Lightle04
SE

Beaver Eastern 2013-2014

Post by Lightle04 »

The team is going to be young for the most part this year 3 seniors Lightle,Fultz,Lykins. Fultz the only one with real varsity time under his belt. But Thacker how at time last season was the best player on the floor if he continues to mature he's going to be special. Volgamore a sophmore ,Hesson also sophmore, Leist a freshman, Trace Creech junior,Freemont a sophmore,and Fitch a sophmore along with Adams,Cantrell juniors I'm figgureing will round out the varsity. The league overall will be young so this group my be able to compeat for anouther league title.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Beaver Eastern 2013-2014

Post by art_vandelay »

Beaver Eastern lost alot and is bound to step back next year....you don't lose players like Lands, Pickett and Lightle without doing so. However, they got a great program out there and I assume some players are coming up through the system (think their junior high program has been good past few years). As for SOC I, I'd say Notre Dame is the favorite based upon returning players. SE Ohio D4 looks pretty weak as a whole next year based upon players returning, so I wouldn't rule Beaver Eastern out as a District Championship caliber team yet regardless of the graduating players.*

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

art_vandelay wrote:Beaver Eastern lost alot and is bound to step back next year....you don't lose players like Lands, Pickett and Lightle without doing so. However, they got a great program out there and I assume some players are coming up through the system (think their junior high program has been good past few years). As for SOC I, I'd say Notre Dame is the favorite based upon returning players. SE Ohio D4 looks pretty weak as a whole next year based upon players returning, so I wouldn't rule Beaver Eastern out as a District Championship caliber team yet regardless of the graduating players.*
Agree Vandelay,
Impossible to lose what the Eagles lost and them not take a step back. Not sure who the team to beat in the SOC1 will be or in Southern Ohio D4. Lightle04 did list some potential players to move up. Not much size and other than Thacker, not sure who will score. The Eagles will likely have to outhustle their opponents to compete and win due to their youth. If D4 is down like was stated, then the Eagles might make some noise.

Work hard Eagles and carry on the tradition!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

They will be fine. With Fitch at the helm they will be great. He will have them playing well. They.had a good JV group with a good Jr high team coming. I remember 4 years ago when they talked about their team going to be young. They ended up fine.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

We will be young but they are a very talented group there defense will be very good Thacker and Cultz showed how good they can be on defensive end and you add Trace Creech to mix it will make it tough on opposing teams to move the ball im exciting to see how this young team does next season

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

We will be young but they are a very talented group there defense will be very good Thacker and Fultz showed how good they can be on defensive end and you add Trace Creech to mix it will make it tough on opposing teams to move the ball im exciting to see how this young team does next season

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree . They loose tons of offense but there deffense around the perimeter will be awsome I think they will press more than last year to get easyer buckets and control tempo so that there lack of size and experience inside isn't as big of a factor.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Coach Fitch has a very busy summer planned for the boys . Playing in 2 summer leagues will help the young kids transition into the much faster varsity game . If they put the time in this summer the league is wide open they have as good a chane as anyone to win it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”