STATE 2015 best players

MercerVegaschick
Waterboy

STATE 2015 best players

Post by MercerVegaschick »

Who are some of the top players to look for at state this year and where are they going to play at the next level?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: STATE 2015 best players

Post by trojandave »

6-10 Carlton Bragg of Cleveland Villa-Angela St.Joseph is a Kansas commit.......Ahmad Wagner on Huber Heights Wayne is going to Iowa.......Xeyrius Williams on that team is going to Dayton........AJ Harris of Dayton Dunbar is going to Ohio State........I don't think 6-9 Kipper Nichols of Lakewood St.Edward has committed yet, but he scored 51 points last year in 2 games in the state tournament when St.Ed's won the D1 state title.

I've heard from some people who follow basketball around the state tell me that Huber Heights Wayne is the most talented team in the 2015 state tournament. Doesn't mean they're going to win it, but they are supposed to be the most talented. A couple other starters on that team have D1 offers. Interesting that they are matched up against Lakewood St.Edward, the team that beat them in the D1 football state championship game.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I think Logan's Lane Little could be an "Under the Radar" player in 2015-16. He could be an SEOAL MVP if he plays well. He will be the General for Chiefs next season.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I like Esa Ahmad from Shaker Heights. He is a little undersized playing the power forward spot (6'7"-6'8") at the D1 level but he has above average ability dribbling and shooting the ball for the position. Taking this into consideration Bob Huggins may end up playing him at the 3 a decent portion of the time. AJ Harris should make an immediate impact at Ohio State as well with Russell and Scott leaving.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

For me, AJ Harris was a total shocker when I saw him play for the first time opening weekend at our Ohio Valley Hoops Classic. Dunbar rolled out on the court to face a physically imposing Pickerington Central team, and when I saw this 5'9" kid in rec specs I thought Dunbar was gonna get spanked...WOW was I wrong.....first play of the game Harris blew by everybody like they were standing in mud and cocked one back for a left handed jam....I've coached, played, and watched hundreds of games, and I would tell everybody you gotta catch a game and see what that little guy can do...he swatted bigs, drilled threes from 23 ft., took 4 or 5 charges, and can defend like an even quicker version of Aaron Craft....what he can do for his size shocked me...Dunbar won the game after Harris tied it up with 10 seconds left and the Pickerington Central coach called a time out with no more time outs left...lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”