Athens vs Gallia - season opener

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Athens vs Gallia - season opener

Post by Geronimo »

WOW ! Who are you to judge ! Do you coach ? Know Harrison is the coach.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:01 pm Svac u can disagree all you want sir but if Peck and Loveday aren't in together most of the game they'll get manhandled. #2 Loveday and Peck don't get up and down the court well.. That's why I said a half court game... Peck plays very hard half court defensively and offensively...Loveday not so much...His length is where he comes into play....They both looked out of shape but Peck plays hard and loveday almost looks like he's going half speed....slow and effortless
Here is what I will say on this.. if you are going to play a half court game then yes Peck needs to play as many minutes as possible I agree with that no questions asked but unless you go back to last years offense and basically put Loveday in the roll of pickup nag up scrap points your not very good at it.. But playing his best in the best shape I have ever seen him is only going to last 20 to 24 minutes a game.

I think this team will play its best this year when they pressure the ball and when they get the chance run and take advantage of the 3 or 4 guys on floor that can drive to the hoop.. then in possession when that is not there Loveday will have plenty of time to get in position and run your offense through him.

Still at this point in there career Peck is still the only blue devil that consistently put this team on his back. But I am not sure that is how your team will play best this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Can someone post a Gallia roster please?

We need it to call the game Friday. Thanks

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

How did the scrimmage go last night ? Any body stand out ?

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

It could have went better in my opinion. Maybe just a night off who knows. Peck still working himself into shape. Wiseman seemed to struggle finishing again but still aggressive. To me the guys who had the best night were Call and Blouir. Carter for sure had a much better scrimmage. They did play a lot of quarters which should help everyone. Zane Trace plays conservative and smart.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens by 10

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Athens will roll Gallia.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 pm Athens will roll Gallia.
What do you base that prediction on?
I suppose you also think Warren will "roll" Athens?
We shall see.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Hopefully if peck gets into foul trouble the coach will be smart enough to take him before he gets 3 fouls on him In the first half unlike last year in their game against Meigs last year. Peck is a good aggressive player that makes the team better when he plays. But needs to get under control a little. Good luck to both teams.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Also hope that the coach doesnt play his son. I know his son on varsity, but in all honesty he is probably the weakest player on varsity. Would really like to see him use Carter or any of the other kids before going to his boy. I am not trying to be rude, or put the kid down, just an observation from an outsider. Seemed like he played his boy a lot last year when there are more talented kids sitting on the bench.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Isn't Athens young again for the 3rd year in a row? Seems like I read that somewhere. :ugeek:

Steelers - Blue Devils - Eagles
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Steegal wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:43 pm Isn't Athens young again for the 3rd year in a row? Seems like I read that somewhere. :ugeek:
A Few Sophomores that Saw a lot of Varsity Action last year will look to be main contributors this Year. Next year they will be "seasoned veterans"-LOL. The Key Seniors this year are Cozart, Saltzman, Dickelman and Albin.

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Honestly , depending on Peck’s situation, they are only 7 or 8 deep . That is plenty . No need to play someone just because they have a uniform . Setting in the stands , it is easy to see who should play .

ChuckyTaylor
Waterboy

Post by ChuckyTaylor »

Padrino_Azul ☠️ wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm Honestly , depending on Peck’s situation, they are only 7 or 8 deep . That is plenty . No need to play someone just because they have a uniform . Setting in the stands , it is easy to see who should play .
I have to agree with you. Sometimes these coaches makes things way to difficult. Sitting in the stands we can see not only who should play but what plays to run and defence to, don't forget about defence. And refs, don't even get me started about them guys.

#WaitsThrowsOffYerShot
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:34 am I have no idea who to like in this game. And I disagree with most of what I hear on this thread. Unless Gallia was just horrible and not itself at all in oak hill game. If they slow this game down they will be in trouble. The Blue Devils are not a great shooting team. And I think they are a team that needs a lot of possessions in a game.

I look for the Blue Devils to extend the defense in this game. Maybe not out and out press a lot but at least go 3/4 court and keep pressure on the ball to speed it up. Remember if you play right you are going to have a big guy underneath to clean up a lot of mistakes if you don’t create one by Athens. On the offensive end this team needs to get down court and get something going on first few seconds of possession or they get very stagnet.

If the blue Devils put out the effort required I see it hem with a slim lead. I think they need to play Peck but just in spurts. He will get into foul trouble and labor to much to play much more then say 20 minutes.
Who are Gallia’s best players? Athens will want this to be a track meet since they play 10 kids and takes the big kid out of the game

kooniesback
Waterboy

Post by kooniesback »

ChuckyTaylor wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:30 pm
Padrino_Azul ☠️ wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm Honestly , depending on Peck’s situation, they are only 7 or 8 deep . That is plenty . No need to play someone just because they have a uniform . Setting in the stands , it is easy to see who should play .
I have to agree with you. Sometimes these coaches makes things way to difficult. Sitting in the stands we can see not only who should play but what plays to run and defence to, don't forget about defence. And refs, don't even get me started about them guys.
As a championship coach in multiple sports and sports official I take offense to these comments. You jackasses probably can't even spell ref, let alone coach. You sure as he11 can't spell defense.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Gallia roster???

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:30 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 pm Athens will roll Gallia.
What do you base that prediction on?
I suppose you also think Warren will "roll" Athens?
We shall see.
Don't let Barlow fool you. He hates Athens. This is Reverse Psychology and he is doing what Trolls do and trying to get Gallia Fired up to Win this game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think saying sitting in the stands it is easy to see who on this team needs to play is crazy.... especially on this team it has way to many interchangeable parts.. and having watched a lot of these kids for 3 or 4 years. I can tell you on certain nights this team will need probably 9 or 10 kids to win.. the reason why that is.. a lot of kids on this team can just disappear in certain games like they don’t even show up. I am not saying effort not there but your going to have games where wiseman gets 20 points and the next night he will disappear and be lucky to score 6. This team is deep enough now that when him or pexk or Loveday or mcellond disappear they have plenty of kids that can step in and play long stretches and pull this team through on certain nights.
I am not sure how many kids play every night for Gallia but. I think they probably go at least 9 deep every game.
If this team gets into a track meet you will not eliminate the big man as much slowing it down and pulling him out of middle of court.. I think Gallia needs this game in 70’s to win. If score is lower then that. The possessions will have been limited and Devils I think come up on short end..

Return to “Boys Basketball”