GAHS vs Meigs

River runner
Waterboy

GAHS vs Meigs

Post by River runner »

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this one ?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Re: GAHS vs Meigs

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs with an upset, I think this is the game others step up...2.full games of.the starters together...Meigs gets beat by the 3 pointers last night...not.sure Gallia has that many that can drain the 3's.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No clue how Meigs could beat Gallia.

Gallia by 14

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Meigs may get it together. But I don't think this is the game. Gallia at home hard to beat. Heck Gallia on the Road going to be hard to beat. Sorry after seeing them Friday and what they done without Peck, they are the Real Deal.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:22 pm No clue how Meigs could beat Gallia.

Gallia by 14
Do your best to get the Loveday in foul trouble early.
Hope that Gallia don't hit the three's all night.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Gallia by 14
The Refs will give Loveday a lot of Leeway. They are in AWE of him. Just watch.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Gallia by 14
I can see that happening, but then again I think everyone is in AWE of him....lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:05 pm

I can see that happening, but then again I think everyone is in AWE of him....lol
And I will be the 1st to admit that. I've watched a lot of basketball and never have seen a kid that young and that tall have so much co-ordination of their Body. I suppose I expected this tall lanky kid to be out there with semi-decent skills. But when he can dunk and hit the mid-range and then nail 3's not to mention his blocks and all the shots he alters. It really is something to behold. He will play Division 1 no doubt and be on the Big Screen in a Few years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He can control the lane virtually without jumping. No reason for him to go for a pump fake and he knows it.

They have to get inside of him near rim. Meigs can move the ball pretty good but seemed better fit for long range and not under rim. They need a good game plan...relying on foul trouble is a bit desperate.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Loveday gets very little 2 zero leeway.. as a matter of fact a lot of fouls he gets against him is because the red feels like it has to be a foul... he is getting more aggressive though so he will naturally have more fouls..

Every player on Gallia can shoot the 3 but I am not sure we have a bunch of players or a game plan for us to throw a bunch up.

This game and the Jackson game intrigue me.. these 2 games will show me how far the Blue Devils have came as far as enforcing there will on another team especially the Jackson game..

Follow those games up with what will be a packed away game at Point pleasant on the road I think is a great 4 game stretch for blue Devils to start season.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

svac83 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 pm Loveday gets very little 2 zero leeway.. as a matter of fact a lot of fouls he gets against him is because the red feels like it has to be a foul... he is getting more aggressive though so he will naturally have more fouls..

Every player on Gallia can shoot the 3 but I am not sure we have a bunch of players or a game plan for us to throw a bunch up.

This game and the Jackson game intrigue me.. these 2 games will show me how far the Blue Devils have came as far as enforcing there will on another team especially the Jackson game..

Follow those games up with what will be a packed away game at Point pleasant on the road I think is a great 4 game stretch for blue Devils to start season.
We will have to disagree with him getting Leeway. From my Vantage point on Friday. There were calls that could of clearly gone against him but they ended up calling it on another Gallia player who was in the Vicinity. Sorry, but I think this is how it will go rest of the Season at least at Gallias Home Court. On the Road I think it may go the Other Way.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Watched him last year get shoved in the back a bunch and at times mauled. He at his height is not catching any breaks. That being said he’s very smart and doesn’t get himself in a lot of bad situations. Would love to see a stat in how many shots he alters.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Someone said upset even at Meigs don't see it !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

A lot of those fouls on Friday night were on opposite end of court from me on Friday. And you could be very well correct but on my end of court.. there were a lot of fouls on both teams that I thought were called on wrong kid on both teems...

And also a lot of Athens kids hooking him when they caught ball in post and he was warned like 3 times when he was pulling hand off.. and plenty of times were over his back on rebounds.

But I know the fouls you are talking about they were almost all on Athens end of court.. and I was over by pep band on other side and could not begin to tell you who foul was on.

But to be honest with you they could a called a foul on probably 75% of possessions on both ends of court.. I am not sure how they were deciding how much contact was too much but it seemed equal so I had no complaints and I would of not wanted to officiate that game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia by 10 unless Meigs shoots the lights out from 3

BigBlue85
Waterboy

Post by BigBlue85 »

Gallia by 30. I said they would beat Athens by 20 and they did. Just a little lower score than I expected. So in this one i will pick the score
Gallia Academy 75 Meigs 45
Go Big Blue!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hope to see Peck on the floor for this one.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Between Wiseman and Call, they will control Mattox. They will keep him in check at least, but I would still expect him to get his 15-20 points. The key will be the rest of Gallia controlling what the rest of Meigs does. With Pecks return in this one, I would say he will put up 15 or so.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

If Meigs uses their 1-3-1 zone against Gallia I think Loveday has a great game in getting his points and assists on dishing it back out. If Peck plays I will be surprised if Meigs stays within 20. But I was surprised at the Southern score to, it is an interesting early season game and matchup.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

Gallia by 25

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE

Return to “Boys Basketball”