GAHS vs Meigs

svac83
SE

Re: GAHS vs Meigs

Post by svac83 »

I think this game will be up and down the floor. Blue Devils will get meigs best game. Have no idea about a final but I will say blue Devils 86 meigs 70..

I know blue Devils are ready to get out and run and think coach lets them.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game will be broadcast on Big Country 99; 99.5 FM and also online at www.wbyg.com

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

I think this will be a GA big win. Meigs wont have the ability to shut them down with the return of Peck. He will put up 15-20 alone. Once those two draw in the defense, it will open up all other scoring for the rest of the team. As they did Athens, any penetration into the lane will be denied up high with second had pulls coming below before the shooter can even get set to shoot.

Meigs would have to get it on 3's or 10 foot jump shots to stay in range at the pace GA scores. GA is susceptible to charges and if you can push Loveday out to about 6 feet and body him and take the charges as he turns or drives, he might get into foul trouble. Additionally, they run a double inside pick to free up his shots on the backside almost every time. You will have to stop those, but then when you do, don't be surprised when Peck is posting at the top of the key or rolling off a screen to have the option to take the shot or drop his past over to the opposite baseline where Loveday is as he draws in two defenders of his own.

Pretty much is a squeaky free machine running with only three plays required. Charges and low ball pulls have to be your Defensive game plan. Ball movement is key as they are in your face quickly. Just an observation.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

WOW Gallia will absolutely kill Meigs. #goblueanglesgo

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Meigs cant beat the small schools on they schedule so why would anyone think they can beat GA?

GA 80
Meigs 42

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am I think this will be a GA big win. Meigs wont have the ability to shut them down with the return of Peck. He will put up 15-20 alone. Once those two draw in the defense, it will open up all other scoring for the rest of the team. As they did Athens, any penetration into the lane will be denied up high with second had pulls coming below before the shooter can even get set to shoot.

Meigs would have to get it on 3's or 10 foot jump shots to stay in range at the pace GA scores. GA is susceptible to charges and if you can push Loveday out to about 6 feet and body him and take the charges as he turns or drives, he might get into foul trouble. Additionally, they run a double inside pick to free up his shots on the backside almost every time. You will have to stop those, but then when you do, don't be surprised when Peck is posting at the top of the key or rolling off a screen to have the option to take the shot or drop his past over to the opposite baseline where Loveday is as he draws in two defenders of his own.

Pretty much is a squeaky free machine running with only three plays required. Charges and low ball pulls have to be your Defensive game plan. Ball movement is key as they are in your face quickly. Just an observation.
I don’t know if Peck is back tonight but if he is or not I don’t think we will see a ton of offensive sets. But when they do look for Peck on the low post and Loveday up at key.... when Peck gets ball if they Double he will either go to Loveday or a spot up shooter on side where Double came from.. if Peck is ready to go meigs will not be able to stop one on one. They may play zone but if they do I say they extend it.. but I think meigs will want to play fast and they would prefer if Gallia played fast.. the one great thing they did at meigs last year was all 5 players really crashed defensive.. boards it stopped them from getting out in transition but they did a great job of limiting blue Devils second shots..

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

Final 59-37 Gallipolis. Nice game Gallipolis started applying pressure and they really got going. McCllelnd and Henry had a real nice game along with Blouir. The Blouir kid is blossom into a hell of a player he sees the court very well. Wiseman played really well also. Call had a hard time finding the basket but made other plays. Loveday not as dominant as his first game but still a very nice game. I did think we had too many turnovers we had several on traveling but probably forced more than we had. Meigs will get better as the year goes on. I think they had a few kids get hurt with sprained ankles and it appeared Carter got hit pretty hard in the nose and left the game.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I take it Peck did not play again?? As I see no mention. If not is there any word on how many games he is having to sit out??

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Agree river runner , lot of effort . Henry kid is a nice addition to this team . Belouir is quick and going to be a heck of a player . Got to believe he will play more as the season unfolds. Once the blue devils got to putting pressure on meigs , that thing was over . Got a chance to be a nice team . Got all the pieces in place . Go Blue, keep playing hard .

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Padrino_Azul ☠️ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 am Agree river runner , lot of effort . Henry kid is a nice addition to this team . Belouir is quick and going to be a heck of a player . Got to believe he will play more as the season unfolds. Once the blue devils got to putting pressure on meigs , that thing was over . Got a chance to be a nice team . Got all the pieces in place . Go Blue, keep playing hard .
Whole different ball game if 2 of MEIGS starters didn't go down. Still kept it within 5 points several times throughout game.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

It is my understanding Peck will be back when Peck finishes a list of things that was given him to prove that he deserves to be aloud back on team..

From what I have been told so far he is making steady progress with a great attitude.. My understanding basketball wise attendance wise and attitude wise he has met all the conditions of his return..

But he was given some what I would call community service within the school building that he needs more hours of and he was assigned homework and papers about being a team player and team work and has to make a presentation..

I don’t know if this info is accurate it is what 2 people were talking about sitting near me last night.. they were told it was all or nothing when he finished the list he would dress and be on same place as if nothing happened. If he did not 100% comply he would not dress this season.

I do not know these 2 guys at all. Set near them during a football game and left thinking they knew nothing about football... so it could be people starting a rumor...

I asked my daughter what she had heard and she said that the basketball team is good.. she said it is not like when someone got hurt in football or when someone is not starting because they miss a practice... she said there is no talk about him at school it is about how good Blouir has played so far.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Love how Meigs fans always have an excuse.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

May have been a little closer without injuries. How many points did the injured players have when they went down?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Also while it is true that Meigs was lingering around 5 points down for awhile, when The Devils began applying backcourt pressure they pulled away.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

Teams like Meigs and Athens will rack up wins in the TVC Ohio - except against V.C..

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:25 am May have been a little closer without injuries. How many points did the injured players have when they went down?
Mattox had 1 point when he went down in 1st period...has averaged 27 ppg in 2 games and Darst went down in 3rd, not sure how many points he had, but he was keeping MEIGS in the game with rebounds and cluttering up the paint.

Pretty legit excuse, had one varsity starter on the court from last season.

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Sounds like the same thing for Meigs each game.

Could be a long season with the injuries mounting.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

We dont make excuses at Meigs Hig School. We just win championships. Its not the kids fault we have bad coaching and that our schol is too poor to give us the things we need to dominate on the hard wood. Usually when we lose a game its because of two things:

1. The refs cheated - see southern game

2. We ran out of time - see GA game.

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am We dont make excuses at Meigs Hig School. We just win championships. Its not the kids fault we have bad coaching and that our schol is too poor to give us the things we need to dominate on the hard wood. Usually when we lose a game its because of two things:

This is the best coach Meigs has had in basketball Yes even Wolfe What was his record at Meigs

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

george wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:51 am
MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am We dont make excuses at Meigs Hig School. We just win championships. Its not the kids fault we have bad coaching and that our schol is too poor to give us the things we need to dominate on the hard wood. Usually when we lose a game its because of two things:

This is the best coach Meigs has had in basketball Yes even Wolfe What was his record at Meigs
Plus lots better record then Meigs current football coach

Return to “Boys Basketball”