Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Re: Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

Post by AnkleBraces »

Fire Marshall might be required Friday night. Sellout crowd is likely. Rumor is Hoops might step down after this season? Hate to see it with my kids coming through soon

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

AnkleBraces wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm Fire Marshall might be required Friday night. Sellout crowd is likely. Rumor is Hoops might step down after this season? Hate to see it with my kids coming through soon
wow that is shocking

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

I heard that as well!!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Wonder who will take over

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm Wonder who will take over
I doubt he leaves but it's fun to speculate. Wouldn't surprise me if Combs moved in if Hoops left.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Sitting here reading all these comments!!! Getting excited about THE game! I’m calling it...I feel good about this game. The Sherman’s from French town are gonna win Friday night by 20+. Under the fearless leadership of Our General Matt Hoops, Piketon don’t stand a chance. Rolling in with #57 rolling north with #58. Won't be easy but swackhammer gonna show he’s deserving of POY and General Hoops is Coach of Year! Only way we don’t win is if we don’t shoot well in that gym...always seems to be the issue when we play in the OVEN as they refer to it. The 57 game streak does place added pressure, which doesn’t help either but I think we’ll be just fine.

Ankle, I heard the seating is going to be a possible issue. I hope the report on The General is false; I’ve not heard that but at some point the streak will come to an end.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Krossover, the streak is definely ending Friday, opponents do not shoot well in the oven. Perdue is defiantly going to give Swackhammer fits. All of Pike County will be at that game. Yes seating will be an issue luckily I got my tickets already. Can’t wait for gameday.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm Sitting here reading all these comments!!! Getting excited about THE game! I’m calling it...I feel good about this game. The Sherman’s from French town are gonna win Friday night by 20+. Under the fearless leadership of Our General Matt Hoops, Piketon don’t stand a chance. Rolling in with #57 rolling north with #58. Won't be easy but swackhammer gonna show he’s deserving of POY and General Hoops is Coach of Year! Only way we don’t win is if we don’t shoot well in that gym...always seems to be the issue when we play in the OVEN as they refer to it. The 57 game streak does place added pressure, which doesn’t help either but I think we’ll be just fine.

Ankle, I heard the seating is going to be a possible issue. I hope the report on The General is false; I’ve not heard that but at some point the streak will come to an end.
by 20 plus no way that happens Perdue himself can keep that in control

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 pm
Killer Krossover wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm Sitting here reading all these comments!!! Getting excited about THE game! I’m calling it...I feel good about this game. The Sherman’s from French town are gonna win Friday night by 20+. Under the fearless leadership of Our General Matt Hoops, Piketon don’t stand a chance. Rolling in with #57 rolling north with #58. Won't be easy but swackhammer gonna show he’s deserving of POY and General Hoops is Coach of Year! Only way we don’t win is if we don’t shoot well in that gym...always seems to be the issue when we play in the OVEN as they refer to it. The 57 game streak does place added pressure, which doesn’t help either but I think we’ll be just fine.

Well, he did leave an out in there by saying if they shoot well! Haha!

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm
ronm001 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Well, he did leave an out in there by saying if they shoot well! Haha!
he is gonna need an out Perdue and if the guards can knock down some 3s and the freshman off the bench can hit a few shots they will win but no matter what they dont loose by 20 plus

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Heard there might be a huge lightning storm Friday night

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm Heard there might be a huge lightning storm Friday night
Isolated to the gymnasium area

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

One does not simply walk into the Oven with a winning streak....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hoops isn't going anywhere. Not even sure how that rumor would start :?:

Anonymousallball
Waterboy

Post by Anonymousallball »

I hear a lot of people talking about “me” and not about “we” so to speak which is depressing. I do recall there being more than just two players going head to head or did I miss something? Talk about we a little more and not me.

As far as Piketon holding Swingle to 10 points, no shock, Swingle is far overrated and has never been conditioned to run with the ball. (Even though D Webb feels differently) If a team gets him running then he is done. Not impressed as that Win was expected!

When it comes to this Friday night, it’s going to be far more than just two players facing off going head to head and seeing who “the best” player is. It’s going to be a battle of endurance and skill and more likely, basketball IQ. Not doubting that both teams have the ability to walk out on any given night with a W or a L. Should be exciting for sure. Coaching will play a large role and so will the zebras.

I won’t pick a team for the win and won’t identify one kid as being more dominant than the other but I will say I don’t believe matchups will be as big of an issue as some think on Friday night. Rooting for an exciting game packed with action!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am I hear a lot of people talking about “me” and not about “we” so to speak which is depressing. I do recall there being more than just two players going head to head or did I miss something? Talk about we a little more and not me.

As far as Piketon holding Swingle to 10 points, no shock, Swingle is far overrated and has never been conditioned to run with the ball. (Even though D Webb feels differently) If a team gets him running then he is done. Not impressed as that Win was expected!

When it comes to this Friday night, it’s going to be far more than just two players facing off going head to head and seeing who “the best” player is. It’s going to be a battle of endurance and skill and more likely, basketball IQ. Not doubting that both teams have the ability to walk out on any given night with a W or a L. Should be exciting for sure. Coaching will play a large role and so will the zebras.

I won’t pick a team for the win and won’t identify one kid as being more dominant than the other but I will say I don’t believe matchups will be as big of an issue as some think on Friday night. Rooting for an exciting game packed with action!
No question this is a matchup between Piketon and Unioto but it's difficult to ignore 2 POY candidates facing off head to head. It's as much about them as it is anyone else. Both the clear cut leaders of their teams and more than likely the individual player who wins that battle may very well have their team come out with the victory. But obviously both those players cannot do it on their own and will need some other players to step up and play big!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Should be an eye opener for the team, and the their fans, who comes up short in this matchup.

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Camp Creek was on far last night boys! A little snow and ice didn’t slow down our antipation for Friday night. We are getting conditioned for the oven.

Killer Krossover, I know you are nervous making statements that the Streaks lose by 20+. You said you watched them and you know the pressure is all on your tankies. Animosityballs is correct; Piketon is much more than one man. Alex Blanton, Isaac Little, Scott Litle, Tanner Veech, Bud Thacker, and Austin Powers, guards with speed.

Was able to make it in to River side dinner this morning for a train wreck. Discussed the dump and basketball. Sounds like the Streaks get deeper this game as Colson Greene is back.

Ham-Unioto gonna have all the pressure on them. Hoops gonna have more Streaks to deal with than I did after finishing my train wreck this morning.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am I hear a lot of people talking about “me” and not about “we” so to speak which is depressing. I do recall there being more than just two players going head to head or did I miss something? Talk about we a little more and not me.

Swingle has a shot at going down as the all-time leading scorer in Ross County history.

Please return your man card and SEOP membership to the admins and step away quietly.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:13 pm Ham-Unioto gonna have all the pressure on them. Hoops gonna have more Streaks to deal with than I did after finishing my train wreck this morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”