Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

king kong
Freshman Team

Re: Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

Post by king kong »

All of these Piketon posters on here, I can see a bunch of toothless hillbillies sitting around 1 Apple Computer sharing a password! lol

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

king kong wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm All of these Piketon posters on here, I can see a bunch of toothless hillbillies sitting around 1 Apple Computer sharing a password! lol
King Kong, I resemble that remark! We are proud of Pike County and are sports here. Heck, all Ross county feels that way. Only reason most want Piketon in SVC is because we bring big crowds to the other gyms. We had more fans than Adena on saturday night. Maybe Gazette was on to something about Ross County not getting out supporting teams. Won’t be a problem though Friday night...all Camp Creek will be there! Along with Julie Billingsworth reporting about ARE Redstreaks!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

king kong wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 pm All of these Piketon posters on here, I can see a bunch of toothless hillbillies sitting around 1 Apple Computer sharing a password! lol
I may be Hillblly but boy do I have some perty nice teeth

Anonymousallball
Waterboy

Post by Anonymousallball »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 pm
Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am I hear a lot of people talking about “me” and not about “we” so to speak which is depressing. I do recall there being more than just two players going head to head or did I miss something? Talk about we a little more and not me.

As far as Piketon holding Swingle to 10 points, no shock, Swingle is far overrated and has never been conditioned to run with the ball. (Even though D Webb feels differently) If a team gets him running then he is done. Not impressed as that Win was expected!

When it comes to this Friday night, it’s going to be far more than just two players facing off going head to head and seeing who “the best” player is. It’s going to be a battle of endurance and skill and more likely, basketball IQ. Not doubting that both teams have the ability to walk out on any given night with a W or a L. Should be exciting for sure. Coaching will play a large role and so will the zebras.

I won’t pick a team for the win and won’t identify one kid as being more dominant than the other but I will say I don’t believe matchups will be as big of an issue as some think on Friday night. Rooting for an exciting game packed with action!

Swingle has a shot at going down as the all-time leading scorer in Ross County history.

Please return your man card and SEOP membership to the admins and step away quietly.

He should outscore nearly everyone and lead in rebounds on any given night let alone over a 4 year career. He don’t even have to jump to reach the rim. This is expected. However, the big man CANNOT run for 32 minutes. His weakness is a smaller quick paced teams advantage. If you could read, maybe you could understand what the post was reflecting on.

Oh, and shall I point out that I am not a man nor am I someone getting defensive over another stating an opinion. I’ll hold my WOman card proud.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm
Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am I hear a lot of people talking about “me” and not about “we” so to speak which is depressing. I do recall there being more than just two players going head to head or did I miss something? Talk about we a little more and not me.

As far as Piketon holding Swingle to 10 points, no shock, Swingle is far overrated and has never been conditioned to run with the ball. (Even though D Webb feels differently) If a team gets him running then he is done. Not impressed as that Win was expected!

When it comes to this Friday night, it’s going to be far more than just two players facing off going head to head and seeing who “the best” player is. It’s going to be a battle of endurance and skill and more likely, basketball IQ. Not doubting that both teams have the ability to walk out on any given night with a W or a L. Should be exciting for sure. Coaching will play a large role and so will the zebras.

I won’t pick a team for the win and won’t identify one kid as being more dominant than the other but I will say I don’t believe matchups will be as big of an issue as some think on Friday night. Rooting for an exciting game packed with action!

Swingle has a shot at going down as the all-time leading scorer in Ross County history.

Please return your man card and SEOP membership to the admins and step away quietly.

He should outscore nearly everyone and lead in rebounds on any given night let alone over a 4 year career. He don’t even have to jump to reach the rim. This is expected. However, the big man CANNOT run for 32 minutes. His weakness is a smaller quick paced teams advantage. If you could read, maybe you could understand what the post was reflecting on.

Oh, and shall I point out that I am not a man not or some someone getting defensive over another stating an opinion. I’ll hold my WOman card proud.
" Swingle is far overrated and has never been conditioned to run with the ball"

I can read fine....clown.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 outstanding basketball teams will be going at it in Piketon Friday night ! the U is THE program every other program wants to be with the success that Coach Hoops & his fine staff has had in their run of 57 wins in the SVC - when you think of the teams in the SVC that the Shermans have beaten to KEEP that streak alive ! makes the run even more amazing from my perspective in the Cheap Seats ... I congratulate Coach Hoops , the Sherman players & staff ... Friday night the U takes on an excellent Piketon Red Streak TEAM ... I had the pleasure of watching the PHS vs Paint Valley game last Friday - I came away feeling good about adding Coach Legg's TEAM to the Elite 8 - the personnel, the TEAM play, a team where ALL of the roles are in place and seemingly accepted by everyone who sees the floor - everyone contributes what they do best to TEAM ... I have always prided myself in knowing what IS good basketball, knowing what it takes to make a team a TEAM - the personnel, the defensive play, ballhandling, shooters/scorers (and there is a difference), coaching - Piketon FITS INTO any discussion of the best TEAMS in Southern/SEOhio this season ...

... Friday night's contest will be a battle of 2 of the best in the SouthEast district ... I have much respect for the kids, the TEAMS, the coaches and their staffs on BOTH TEAMS ... THIS GAME IS WHAT HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS IS ALL ABOUT ! pfloyd wishes BOTH TEAMS the best Friday night ...

Anonymousallball
Waterboy

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Oh, and shall I point out that I am not a man not or some someone getting defensive over another stating an opinion. I’ll hold my WOman card proud.

I’ll take that as a compliment and assure you that your inability to effectively communicate will not reduce my IQ nor change my opinion. You in for a long dramatic life if you allow another’s opinion to affect your life and cause mental anguish..... Eek I pray for you.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm
I may be Hillblly but boy do I have some perty nice teeth

And in a span of a few minutes, two of the toothless wonders post! lol Either the same person using multiple usernames, or students sitting in a computer lab! lol

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Looking forward to Friday night. The Streaks have to be considered the underdog, and will have to play a complete game to beat the Shermans. I think it will come down to coaching, and with the elder Coach Legg on the bench, the Streaks have an advantage. Go Streaks!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Oh man, this is getting good! This game is gonna be AWESOME!!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm

I’ll take that as a compliment and assure you that your inability to effectively communicate will not reduce my IQ nor change my opinion. You in for a long dramatic life if you allow another’s opinion to affect your life and cause mental anguish..... Eek I pray for you.
lol ok miss. I'm laughing at you for calling the most dominant big man in the past 30 years to grace the hardwoods in Ross County overrated. no mental anguish here. just laughter at your inability to 'sport.' Save the prayers for a dying man. you can try to get on my level with high school bball anytime though. keep the absurd comments coming and ill gladly label you a clown again.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

BACK TO THE GAME!!!! (Sorry posters, I was dealing with one of those ankle biters)

I would love to catch this game. My fellow Cavalier CavsNation will go in my place as i am moving Friday and Saturday so I tried...very hard, to convince my wife " Babe its just a quick game ill be back to help move!" To no avail.
If unioto has success down low rebounding and getting some points in the paint i think they squeak it out. If that doesn't happen, which i picked Piketon so i don't think it will, Piketon wins. I WILL BE AT THE REMATCH IN FRENCHTOWN!

Anonymousallball
Waterboy

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:11 pm
Anonymousallball wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm

lol ok miss. I'm laughing at you for calling the most dominant big man in the past 30 years to grace the hardwoods in Ross County overrated. no mental anguish here. just laughter at your inability to 'sport.' Save the prayers for a dying man. you can try to get on my level with high school bball anytime though. keep the absurd comments coming and ill gladly label you a clown again.

Maybe your right, I was a little harsh with the term overrated. He is great, for Ross County. We are going to stop here as I can be the bigger “man” and respect your opinions and thoughts for what they are worth; thoughts and opinions. Call me what you wish, I like the comedy!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Meanwhile back at the Oven on Friday night ( As the SEO Hoops World Turns) ...

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

Call me a homer but I’m gonna take Piketon in this one to upset the tanks. One thing that I’m uncertain with is Unioto’s depth (I mean I’m sure they are good players they’re a basketball factory) but other than Hill, Swack, Kennedy, and Fisher I haven’t heard any names. I know Piketon is pretty solid depth wise. Especially with Greene coming back this week.

Set aside from depth there is no smoother finisher than Perdue. I mean the kid looks like poetry out on the floor. I also like that other than Perdue, we have had other players step up the last few games. The young bull Isaac Little shot the ball lights out at PV. Alex Blanton also putting up some good numbers the next night at Adena.

Psychologically, Unioto has the advantage. Those boys should be used to playing with pressure in a high stakes game when the lights are the brightest. Only one to play in big games for Piketon is Perdue (played in regionals in 2016)

I like Perdue over Swackhammer and many SVC fans have yet to see him since he played in SOC the past two years. He’s special to watch.

The thing I’ll be watching is the big men down low. I think that is what separates these two teams. Who can be more physical and can crash the boards harder.

I can’t watch to watch this early season matchup. I already have my tickets. All of us toothless Piketon hillbilly villagers are excited to get rowdy for this one. Hope to see fans from all of SE Ohio come to PACK THE OVEN.

Lastly, ONWARD PIKETON!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm ... 2 outstanding basketball teams will be going at it in Piketon Friday night ! the U is THE program every other program wants to be with the success that Coach Hoops & his fine staff has had in their run of 57 wins in the SVC - when you think of the teams in the SVC that the Shermans have beaten to KEEP that streak alive ! makes the run even more amazing from my perspective in the Cheap Seats ... I congratulate Coach Hoops , the Sherman players & staff ... Friday night the U takes on an excellent Piketon Red Streak TEAM ... I had the pleasure of watching the PHS vs Paint Valley game last Friday - I came away feeling good about adding Coach Legg's TEAM to the Elite 8 - the personnel, the TEAM play, a team where ALL of the roles are in place and seemingly accepted by everyone who sees the floor - everyone contributes what they do best to TEAM ... I have always prided myself in knowing what IS good basketball, knowing what it takes to make a team a TEAM - the personnel, the defensive play, ballhandling, shooters/scorers (and there is a difference), coaching - Piketon FITS INTO any discussion of the best TEAMS in Southern/SEOhio this season ...

... Friday night's contest will be a battle of 2 of the best in the SouthEast district ... I have much respect for the kids, the TEAMS, the coaches and their staffs on BOTH TEAMS ... THIS GAME IS WHAT HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS IS ALL ABOUT ! pfloyd wishes BOTH TEAMS the best Friday night ...

You are right Pfloyd! This IS what high school basketball is all about! Win or lose, Friday night is gonna be an absolute blast! 2 great teams, 2 great coaching staffs, great head to head battle and a gym that I believe will be packed to the ceiling!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!! Been looking forward to this all week and we are now only a day away!! Just hope my streaks have what it takes to break down that Unioto starting 5 and come away with the Victory!!!

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

To bad unito hasnt played a reel schedule like them football guys from piketown has. Streeks by 17

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Boys, the bomfire was so big last night on Camp Creek, the glow could be seen in South Shore, Ky! Hopefully the Unioto faithful already got there tickets earlier in the week. I picked up a cushion seat today at Gary’s Discount store for tomorrow night. Got a real nice red one for $2.99.

PFloyd, great job as always with your input and you are defiantly a man who understands basketball. You call it how you see it. I can respect that. Also, nice job getting us back on topic cause Cavalier and Animosityballs was confusing me talking about finished bizness. That big boy from Paint Valley is a good player, and he should be recognized, but again I’m gonna support are own As POY. The way I see it, we go two rounds and if Perdue and team outplays their opposites, then no way anyone can go against em, not even the gazette. Someone let me know when the gazette chooses to write a story about are Streaks surprising the world. When Piketon wins tomorrow night, shoot, that’ll make front page gazette headlines “Streaks end the Streak at 57!”...I know Jolie Billingsworth will cover the whole thing and have it hot on the press.

For all the onion odor fans coming down, Stop in get some good soup beans at Riverside Dinner. Can’t beat it!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Very interested to hear how this game goes. Is Piketon for real! Hard to tell with your first four games being Chesapeake, west union, adena and PV. I think they are but not sure. Unioto is down a little from where they have been, but still very, very good. If Piketon keeps it close or wins then I think they can make the claim that they are for real! Would love to see them knock off the Tanks! Would make for a special environment later in the season when Piketon travels to Unioto. Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone stays healthy!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Eve of the big Piketon- Unioto game, Smoky Hollow’s ready to root on those Redstreaks. Gonna be a fun one better get a seat early as seats will be hard to come by. Piketon has something special to do tomorrow and I believe they can do it. Piketon should be rocking tomorrow

Return to “Boys Basketball”