Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Re: Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

Post by seopcommenter »

isnt it always packed at unito? im sure that second game would be packed regardless

last time i went to piketown their were a couple hundred folks i hope that this is diff'rent tomorow

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Well, I’m sure General Hoops got his final tune up in tonight and got all the Ammo packed in the Sherman Tanks. Gonna be a fun one tomorrow night as the Redstreaks attempt to stop our SVC winning streak...I feel we will come away with #58, and ”The Hammer” shuts down the Piketon guards. I’m sure Perdue will get frustrated by all the pressure and physical play; playing against D2 talent is different than playing against D4 talent. Unioto has played in too many big ballgames against bigger schools to let pressure get them. Hoops is the elite coach in this one. Tomorrow night, we paint the little village Purple and Gold!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

First big game for a bunch of the Redstreaks, how will they respond? Zane Trace didn't react well when things got tight, but they also don't have a Perdue that can go get you a bucket when you need one.

Perdue will get his, but the key is to stop the others from getting easy baskets, which PV couldn't do. I'd say Unioto will have a slightly better strategy and guards than the Bearcats, just a hunch.

Just from watching Piketon at the preview made me realize that they would beat the Bearcats.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Way more than just 2 players will decide the game tomorrow night. Unioto has a solid rotation of Swackhammer, Kennedy, Fisher, Hill, Smith, Adkins, and McKee with a handful more who can play, just haven't been called on yet, but they will be.

The Streaks obviously have Perdue, but Blanton, Little, Lightle, Reader, Veech, Thacker, and the returning Greene are no pushovers and I know I'm blanking on 1-2 rotation guys as well.

Always fun to have a big crowd in the Oven.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Piketon fans gearing up for the game tonight!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

The Tanks always play their home season opener with a lot of confidence . During the warm ups they were loose and ready to play . Things did not go as hoped and I think it effected their next game against ZT which was closer than most thought . If they regain that confidence they will be hard to beat . Should be a dandy though. That's why we play the game .

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

I hope the stands aren't full. Piketon needs a little room in the stands for players to sit since there are 8 coaches lined up on the bench!

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Unioto by 8

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Perdue is talented. I saw him last year playing for Western. A lot will depend on how the game is officiated. Physical game advantage to the “U”. I will take Unioto in a instant Classic.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Until someone knocks them off, Unioto is the favorite. If the Streaks play as a team, i look for good things to happen. If they don’t, or if they start slowly, it’ll be a sad night behind the mic. Go Streaks!

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

Piketon pulls this out if the referees bail Perdue out and he gets to shoot 15 foul shots. Piketon’s 1st loss comes at the Waverly Holiday Classic. Lots of fouls called and lots of free throws favors Piketon in this one.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:26 pm Piketon pulls this out if the referees bail Perdue out and he gets to shoot 15 foul shots. Piketon’s 1st loss comes at the Waverly Holiday Classic. Lots of fouls called and lots of free throws favors Piketon in this one.
Somebody sounds salty. Perdue earns every one of his foul shots.

Looks like Waverly will have several losses before the classic

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Now we have Pike county hillbillies arguing amongst themselves! This is like watching an episode of the wonderful whites of west virginia (pike county)

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Almost Gametime!! I’m happier than a monkey in a banana factory!!! King Kong I appreciate the pictures of us common folk you shared. Perception is everything. I’m guessing something like Curious George rather than King Kong.

Camp Creek will need little more police presents tonight cause they’re won’t be anyone there. We all getting to gym early tonight for good seat right behind Hopsie! We yell and holler...probably make some people incomfortable. We loaded up the car with a couple bottles of chimpanzee; gotta stop and get a cork screw to celebrate ending the streak! Tiger fan, come on down tonight and join us. I’m sure lot of tiger fans wanton to be a Redstreak. Reminds me a few years ago when all Ross county and pike county jumped on the wagon for the Redstreaks...we don’t mind! Were awfully proud of are Redstreaks! This is a good team!

Gotta get Perdied up and breaking out some fine colony for the occasion. Go Redstreaks!
Piketon 58
Unioto 50

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Just a few hours till tip-off, going to go get me sum Riverside Reaturaunt before I settle down in the oven for tonight’s contest. Going to be a fun one. I thank us Hill Billy’s will go home happy as the Streaks take this one like I previously stated.
Final Prediction:
Lightning Bolts: 65
Army Tanks: 63

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Camp creek I am all gorilla!

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Killer Krossover wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 pm Well, I’m sure General Hoops got his final tune up in tonight and got all the Ammo packed in the Sherman Tanks. Gonna be a fun one tomorrow night as the Redstreaks attempt to stop our SVC winning streak...I feel we will come away with #58, and ”The Hammer” shuts down the Piketon guards. I’m sure Perdue will get frustrated by all the pressure and physical play; playing against D2 talent is different than playing against D4 talent. Unioto has played in too many big ballgames against bigger schools to let pressure get them. Hoops is the elite coach in this one. Tomorrow night, we paint the little village Purple and Gold!
Perdue played D1 talent all summer try to keep up with what is going on so you dont sound lost.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

LIGHTSOUT wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:46 am I hope the stands aren't full. Piketon needs a little room in the stands for players to sit since there are 8 coaches lined up on the bench!
They do have a ton of non players on the bench lol I thought more than 8

King of Pike Hill
Waterboy

Post by King of Pike Hill »

Score at Half:
Unioto 32
Piketon 17

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Tanks look for the trifecta in the village as the Freshman and reserve win, varsity in control at the mid point

Return to “Boys Basketball”