Unioto @ Chillicothe 12/22

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Let's get it started!

Thoughts? Predictions?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Unioto @ Chillicothe 12/22

Post by danicalifornia »

Obviously not going to make any predictions, but I will say that this one will be packed. A certain game that Unioto was involved in last week was hyped up to have presale tickets and I know it kept some people away and it wasn't close to a sell out lol

This one will be. It was insane by the tip of the freshman game last year, but Chillicothe also seats more, so it should be okay to get there after 5 this year.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 am Obviously not going to make any predictions, but I will say that this one will be packed. A certain game that Unioto was involved in last week was hyped up to have presale tickets and I know it kept some people away and it wasn't close to a sell out lol

This one will be. It was insane by the tip of the freshman game last year, but Chillicothe also seats more, so it should be okay to get there after 5 this year.
I have never seen a Freshman game so hyped as the past two years lol.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

I love having this game every year. I do think the AD at Chillicothe missed the boat on this by scheduling Hall of Fame night against Unioto. Hall of fame night should be on a night you need to draw more people, and this game certainly needs no additional hype. Chillicothe has a roster full of great athletes which I feel will give Unioto trouble. I don't think it will be the blowout of a year ago, but I think Chilli has the firepower to win this one. 63-55 is my prediction.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

waterhog82 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am I love having this game every year. I do think the AD at Chillicothe missed the boat on this by scheduling Hall of Fame night against Unioto. Hall of fame night should be on a night you need to draw more people, and this game certainly needs no additional hype. Chillicothe has a roster full of great athletes which I feel will give Unioto trouble. I don't think it will be the blowout of a year ago, but I think Chilli has the firepower to win this one. 63-55 is my prediction.
Agree. I think they got a lot of backlash and due to that the Hall-of-fame induction has been rescheduled. I also hated when both U and CHS had this game for their senior nights.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Should be a good game. Excited to watch this rivalry to unfold this year and continue. I do think Chillicothe's athleticism will be the deciding factor. Chillicothe by 10

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I have not seen Unioto this year but I am very familiar with Hill, Kennedy, Swack and Fisher.

I think Chilli wins but I have no idea what we will see. Branden Maughmer will get his. I look for Huffer to key on Swack and Kennedy to limit their scoring and if they are successful then i don't think Hill and Fisher can do enough to win. Slowing Kennedy down though is a tough task, ask piketon.
Everyone around should want to see Swack vs. B-Maugh for their senior years.
I am going to take Chilli by 8. If this game was in February I would take Chilli by 15+.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Should be a great game. I think that both teams like to run, but Unioto would want to slow this one down. In the last 2 years, Chillicothe has won the 2 uptempo games while Unioto won the half court tournament game.

Tempo will be the key on Friday night. I think it is the best area game this weekend, so I may take it in.

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

General Hoops took care of business last week with a big win at Piketon, and I’m expecting the same in this one. Hill looks like he’s getting in better shape, and Kennedy firing around the arc. I see Unioto laying down “The Hammer” on Chillicothe in front of a large crowd.

Unioto 56
Chillicothe 46

Badger26
Waterboy

Post by Badger26 »

My Pioneers hung with Chillicothie in the first half but then ran out of gas in the 2nd half. As an SVC fan I wish the very best of luck to the Shermans bit I think Chillicothie pulls away late in this one

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Chillicothe Cavaliers will be having Chic-fil-A night Friday from 4-6pm in the Cox gym. $6 Meal (Includes sammich, chips, water). Cavalier faithful come support your TEAM!

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Maughmer had a huge game tonight against Hillsboro with 31 8, 7 I look for him to continue to find his groove Chillicothe had court house last Friday upper Arlington last Saturday Hillsboro tonight Unioto Friday and Jackson Saturday before playing in the tournament next week against Thomas worthington and reynoldsburg . Chillicothe will be running on fumes by this weekend lol will be a good one Friday night !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 pm Maughmer had a huge game tonight against Hillsboro with 31 8, 7 I look for him to continue to find his groove Chillicothe had court house last Friday upper Arlington last Saturday Hillsboro tonight Unioto Friday and Jackson Saturday before playing in the tournament next week against Thomas worthington and reynoldsburg . Chillicothe will be running on fumes by this weekend lol will be a good one Friday night !
You left Marion Franklin out on Thursday lol

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 pm Maughmer had a huge game tonight against Hillsboro with 31 8, 7 I look for him to continue to find his groove Chillicothe had court house last Friday upper Arlington last Saturday Hillsboro tonight Unioto Friday and Jackson Saturday before playing in the tournament next week against Thomas worthington and reynoldsburg . Chillicothe will be running on fumes by this weekend lol will be a good one Friday night !
You left Marion Franklin out on Thursday lol
Hopefully Huffer rests some guys. I believe we blew them out last year. If we can get some younger guys some experience that would be great.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

a day before the game between TWO top 8 teams and we got 13 posts. Meanwhile Burg/Waverly game is at the top..... Priorities people!

BTW this game will be standing room only for the freshman game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd will be in the house, in the Cheap Seats at the Hatt for this one Friday night ! ... I'm a BIG fan of BOTH TEAMS, coaching staffs - BOTH do "things" the right way in what they do with their TEAMS and how they develop their programs ... 2 teams in the top 8 of SEOhio basketball ! what more can you ask for !!! ...

... I saw both of these TEAMS a couple of weeks ago ( Unioto vs Logan ... Chillicothe vs Zane Trace) ... looking forward to putting "eyes on" again to see the improvements from both squads ... Branden Maughmer with his 31 point game on Tuesday night vs Hillsboro has now morphed into basketball shape, add to the mix Jayvon Maughmer (now in his 3rd week getting major varsity minutes) ... Roderick "squared"( Simon/Will) - 2 of the most hardnosed basketball players you will find ANYWHERE Both averaging in double figures scoring ... Jalen Jordan has shown his outside scoring ability with 19 points in a recent game ... can't leave out Jason Benson and Tre Beard as role players as well - nice ball club that on paper has improved since I saw them over a week ago ... The U of Coach Hoops - another one of the "complete" TEAMS in my Elite 8 rankings - size, PG play, perimeter scoring, inside scoring, defense quickness & tenacity ... Double digit scoring threats in Swackhammer/Kennedy/Fisher/Hill and even off the bench Chance Smith can drop 3-4 triples in a game as he did vs Logan opening night ... Swack one of the best PGs in SEOhio ... Shermans have perimeter scoring in Swack, Brandon Kennedy, Gabe Fisher & off the bench Smith ... add to the mix 6-5 Peyton Hill ... in the post the kid gets it done at both ends of the floor - works hard to GET the ball then finishes strong around the rim , strong on the boards & forward like quickness ... Hill is having a very good start to his senior season ...

... Friday night has all of the makings of a GREAT high school basketball contest - looking forward to seeing all 3 games at the friendly confines of Hatton Gymnasium in Chilli ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I 've seen both teams and this will be a " DANDY ". No edge to either so come ready to play . What time should a person get to the GYM ? (Maybe noon)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 am I 've seen both teams and this will be a " DANDY ". No edge to either so come ready to play . What time should a person get to the GYM ? (Maybe noon)
Noon might not be far off T&f LOL ... if you want a seat in in the lower level anyway ... 2 great programs , 2 outstanding coaches & staffs ... as close to a "city school" rivalry as you will find in Southern/SE Ohio ... going to need to take Mrs. Pfloyd so I have 2 sets of eyes on this one for the napkin stats LOL ...

CavsNation
Waterboy

Post by CavsNation »

Excited to watch this game tomorrow! Had this one marked on the calendar to make sure my schedule was clear so I could make the game! Going to be another great game between these two great teams! The atmosphere last year at The U was electrifying and I expect this years game to be louder than that game! A lot of seniors will be playing their last game of this rivalry with Chilli now D1 and Unioto D2 so won’t be a tournament match Up this year! I expect my Cavs to hold down the home court tomorrow and come away with the victory! I’m expecting a big game out of both of the Maughmer brothers and the X factor will be the big man who is new to this rivalry Mr. Noel. I know i will be in line early tomorrow to make sure I get a good seat for this great matchup! GO CAVS!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 40
Marion Franklin 28 qtr 3

[/quote]

Return to “Boys Basketball”