Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by mlittle »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:48 pm Getting excited about tonight as the day passes. Stopped at Riverside and enjoyed fresh eagle meet for lunch. The village is hopping with excitement!

Had to grab some groceries at Savolot because the last blizzard of 2017. Went ahead and drove by Howees Place downtown area to see if anyone was there...I believe they were segregationist the parking lot; all Piketon have to park along street and Eastern/Western Park at Tim Hortons and Little Caesar’s. Waverly gets the blacktop as usual.

Anyone tell me how many times Waverly and Piketon have played in first round in the past ten years?

Hope the ufficiating is good tonight and the Redstreaks don’t have to play 9 on 5. Baraqua will be in to the refs all night. They seem to pick on the young Coach Leggett in my opinion last year. Redstreaks are a different team this year. Hope Perdue recovers from the ankle injury in time for play tonight; been looking forward to seeing him play in the Red and White in the village of Waverly gym! Welp, gottaget the Camp Creek Posse gathered up and make our way into town! See ya all there! Go Streaks!

Go streaks!! Let's bring it home!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Eastern up 27-26 over Piketon at the half

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

50-45 eastern 4 minutes to go.

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

58-47 Eastern. 2:33 left

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern really playing well last few weeks....could give Waverly all they want

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

69-62 eastern final

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Eastern was the more physical team tonight. Fun game to watch!

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

Eastern had to many layups. Their size advantage played a huge part in the game. They handled Piketons press very well after the first 2min of the game. They did a great job on the boards limiting Piketon to one shot a possession.

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

Piketon had the best offensive player but Eastern certainly the better team tonight.

Go Eagles

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

45-33 Waverly about 4 minutes left in 3rd

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

61-48 Waverly final

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Sorry but I said it earlier...Piketon didn’t stand a chance if they gotta play 9 on 5, and that’s exactly what happened tonight. Eastern was more physical but they were allowed to be. Heck, look like those officials spent Christmas with Baraqua. He owned them. I’ve seen better officiating at upward bounds. . If this is a classic, there has to be better... I’m taking nothing away from eastern players, but our Redstreaks battled and deserved better. Piketon was in position to win that game even against the odds and I think a second game would be different outcome. It was very clear to those of us from Camp Creek that The fix was in.

Also, I think it’s disrespectful to all the good folks across the county who come to the pike county tournament and have to wait on Waverly to announce their HOF. Why don’t they recoggnize county folks making a difference, like Jolie Billingsworth who is an educated reporter, Tim Feddericci who calls basketball games for all schools in county on the radio, or commissioner Beekman whose brought unity to pike county over the atomic dump. I nearly wrecked my geo metro tonight in the snow cause of having to wait to get out for the cerealmoney.

I’d like to see Gary’s Smart Mart, the Grove, and Johns Tire and Lube hold our own Holiday tournament at Piketon. At least there’s gonna be some lube...get it 😉.

See you all tomorrow night. Gonna have a double trainwreck in morning!

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Is everyone else tired of camp creek cougar’s terrible
attempt at humor? Played out after one post.

SMH! Why can’t people just make rational posts about
the games.
Last edited by hbk1999 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

GAME ONE:

Eastern Scoring
Leist 20
Miller 18
Myers 11
Weaver 10
Cochenour 6
Tomlinson 4

Piketon Scoring
Perdue 32
Little 15
Reader 6
Veach 3
Blanton 2
Taylor 2
Thacker 2

GAME TWO:

Waverly Scoring
Adrian 19
Howell 15
Marquez 13
Dunn 6
Wolfe 3
Hoover 3
Remington 2

Western Scoring
Brewster 20
Humphrey 19
Jordan 4
Gibson 3
R Woods 2

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm Is everyone else tired of camp creek cougar’s terrible
attempt at humor? Played out after one post.

SMH! Why can’t people just make rational posts about
the games.
No

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 pm GAME ONE:

Eastern Scoring
Leist 20
Miller 18
Myers 11
Weaver 10
Cochenour 6
Tomlinson 4

Piketon Scoring
Perdue 32
Little 15
Reader 6
Veach 3
Blanton 2
Taylor 2
Thacker 2

GAME TWO:

Waverly Scoring
Adrian 19
Howell 15
Marquez 13
Dunn 6
Wolfe 3
Hoover 3
Remington 2

Western Scoring
Brewster 20
Humphrey 19
Jordan 4
Gibson 3
R Woods 2

Thanks murray

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Game 2 was a surprise to me. I thought Waverly would boat race Latham but they hung in there most of the game. Good for them. Tomorrow should bring 2 more tough games

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:39 pm Sorry but I said it earlier...Piketon didn’t stand a chance if they gotta play 9 on 5, and that’s exactly what happened tonight. Eastern was more physical but they were allowed to be. Heck, look like those officials spent Christmas with Baraqua. He owned them. I’ve seen better officiating at upward bounds. . If this is a classic, there has to be better... I’m taking nothing away from eastern players, but our Redstreaks battled and deserved better. Piketon was in position to win that game even against the odds and I think a second game would be different outcome. It was very clear to those of us from Camp Creek that The fix was in.

Also, I think it’s disrespectful to all the good folks across the county who come to the pike county tournament and have to wait on Waverly to announce their HOF. Why don’t they recoggnize county folks making a difference, like Jolie Billingsworth who is an educated reporter, Tim Feddericci who calls basketball games for all schools in county on the radio, or commissioner Beekman whose brought unity to pike county over the atomic dump. I nearly wrecked my geo metro tonight in the snow cause of having to wait to get out for the cerealmoney.

I’d like to see Gary’s Smart Mart, the Grove, and Johns Tire and Lube hold our own Holiday tournament at Piketon. At least there’s gonna be some lube...get it 😉.

See you all tomorrow night. Gonna have a double trainwreck in morning!
u have to be kidding they leist boy had hands all ovet him all might the officials did not decide the outcome of this game. Bad calls were mad but didnt change who won

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

also cougar how do you get 9 on 5 3 officials plus whom?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:21 pm also cougar how do you get 9 on 5 3 officials plus whom?
Coach?

Return to “Boys Basketball”