Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by bobcats94 »

Congratulations to Eastern and Waverly on the wins tonight, should be a great game tomorrow night. Very impressed with Westerns team keeping it close tonight if they don't have the turnovers before half it could've been a very close game, I think coaching had a very large role in that. Would love to see Fitch coach a team like Western had the past two years, I think he would've done great things. Good luck to all teams tomorrow night!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Also doubt it changed the game but that was a poorly officiated game. One of the worst called games I've seen. Both sides. Also 2 fans tossed and both coaches T'd up. Very physical game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bobcats94 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 pm Congratulations to Eastern and Waverly on the wins tonight, should be a great game tomorrow night. Very impressed with Westerns team keeping it close tonight if they don't have the turnovers before half it could've been a very close game, I think coaching had a very large role in that. Would love to see Fitch coach a team like Western had the past two years, I think he would've done great things. Good luck to all teams tomorrow night!
You mean great things like Coach Miller did?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 pm Also doubt it changed the game but that was a poorly officiated game. One of the worst called games I've seen. Both sides. Also 2 fans tossed and both coaches T'd up. Very physical game.
I know who is doing your game tomorrow. Physical will be allowed and unruly fans could definitely be tossed. He won’t care I promise.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:39 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 pm Also doubt it changed the game but that was a poorly officiated game. One of the worst called games I've seen. Both sides. Also 2 fans tossed and both coaches T'd up. Very physical game.
I know who is doing your game tomorrow. Physical will be allowed and unruly fans could definitely be tossed. He won’t care I promise.
I may not get to see the end of that one then 😀😀😀

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 pm Game 2 was a surprise to me. I thought Waverly would boat race Latham but they hung in there most of the game. Good for them. Tomorrow should bring 2 more tough games
Agree with posters talking about the poor officiating .. both games looked more like football tonight . I thjnk the holding and physical play benefited Waverly the most tonight.

I am also surprised at how close western hang with Waverly . Waverly was clearly the more athletic and talented team. Coach fitch does a nice job with what he has to work with.

Good luck to all county teams tomorrow night .

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

RamenNoodle 1, who are you kidding? 9...Eastern players, three officials, and your General Barrack! So refs T up Coach Leggett for what I have no idea??...make him sit; let Barrack out on floor to 3 pt line, no T...later gets a T but he’s allowed to stand and it’s ok. Eastern has same call; Perdue doesn’t shoot FT’s, but Eastern does. Eastern gets 3 FT attempts when the refs screwed it up on a 1-1. It was all night long and if you didn’t see it, you had blinders. But then again, you are an expert about Piketon basketball as I’ve read from previous posts. So who am I to judge. Fans like you,who needs enemas? I just hope our boys get to meet up again down the road! Looking forward to seeing them rebound against a very scrappy Latham team. Camp Creek finest will be in stands again early. We loves are Redstreaks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 pm
bobcats94 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 pm Congratulations to Eastern and Waverly on the wins tonight, should be a great game tomorrow night. Very impressed with Westerns team keeping it close tonight if they don't have the turnovers before half it could've been a very close game, I think coaching had a very large role in that. Would love to see Fitch coach a team like Western had the past two years, I think he would've done great things. Good luck to all teams tomorrow night!
Last year may have been disappointing, but they shouldn't ever be disappointed with a district championship like 2 years ago. I thought Kyle did an excellent job in his time in Latham and will do a great job if he decides that he wants to be a head coach again.

With that said, I think Coach Fitch was an awesome get for the Indians as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm Is everyone else tired of camp creek cougar’s terrible
attempt at humor? Played out after one post.

SMH! Why can’t people just make rational posts about
the games.
No
Same. I'd rather have some characters around here rather than super angry people all the time. Nothing wrong with the occasional wacky post.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 pm
Last year may have been disappointing, but they shouldn't ever be disappointed with a district championship like 2 years ago. I thought Kyle did an excellent job in his time in Latham and will do a great job if he decides that he wants to be a head coach again.

With that said, I think Coach Fitch was an awesome get for the Indians as well.
AGREED!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

It's a tandum bicycle!! Haha! Never gets old

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Coach Miller did coach a district championship team in 2016, however Western lost big last year to Waverly and had a much better team than this years team, and also lost to Waverly in 2016 both years having good teams. Also I don't think Western ever finished much over .500 in the regular season. I went and watched Western's sectional game last year, they lost to a Manchester team that I honestly don't believe had one better matchup than Western anywhere on the floor(Manchester lost to Clay by 40 the next game). So yes Kyle had a good year coaching Western but I don't think you can say he did better than 20 other coaches could have done. What I really don't understand though is why it takes 6 coaches on the bench to get the job done which is becoming more and more common.

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

If piketon hits FT's and commits less turnovers they win. The refs clearly allowed them to play physical but if anything, eastern was at a disadvantage. Piketon was in the bonus halfway through the 3rd. in the end, Eastern won is and is the better team!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bobcats94 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:54 pm
Coach Miller did coach a district championship team in 2016, however Western lost big last year to Waverly and had a much better team than this years team, and also lost to Waverly in 2016 both years having good teams. Also I don't think Western ever finished much over .500 in the regular season. I went and watched Western's sectional game last year, they lost to a Manchester team that I honestly don't believe had one better matchup than Western anywhere on the floor(Manchester lost to Clay by 40 the next game). So yes Kyle had a good year coaching Western but I don't think you can say he did better than 20 other coaches could have done. What I really don't understand though is why it takes 6 coaches on the bench to get the job done which is becoming more and more common.
Thought western made it to the sweet 16 in 2016?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Disregard my last

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

The 2016 Western team finished 3 games below .500 during the regular season. They was no where near better than Waverly that year. Kyle just out coached some teams come tournament time that year.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:44 pm RamenNoodle 1, who are you kidding? 9...Eastern players, three officials, and your General Barrack! So refs T up Coach Leggett for what I have no idea??...make him sit; let Barrack out on floor to 3 pt line, no T...later gets a T but he’s allowed to stand and it’s ok. Eastern has same call; Perdue doesn’t shoot FT’s, but Eastern does. Eastern gets 3 FT attempts when the refs screwed it up on a 1-1. It was all night long and if you didn’t see it, you had blinders. But then again, you are an expert about Piketon basketball as I’ve read from previous posts. So who am I to judge. Fans like you,who needs enemas? I just hope our boys get to meet up again down the road! Looking forward to seeing them rebound against a very scrappy Latham team. Camp Creek finest will be in stands again early. We loves are Redstreaks!
it wasnt a 1 n 1 and if you knew the rules you would know both bottom.blocks have to be occupied legg was t up for stomping and jumping up and down. 2 officials were bad yes but didnt change the outcome. Tp shor free throws missed 4 or 5 but it was bad both ways dont be homer

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

OSU Alumni 2003—Eastern missed 10 free throws, Piketon missed 5. Not exactly sure on how many turnovers Piketon had, but Eastern had 17. I think your statement is inaccurate, that if Piketon hits FT’s and commits less turnovers they win, if Piketon went perfect at the free throw line they still lose by 2.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:39 pm Sorry but I said it earlier...Piketon didn’t stand a chance if they gotta play 9 on 5, and that’s exactly what happened tonight. Eastern was more physical but they were allowed to be. Heck, look like those officials spent Christmas with Baraqua. He owned them. I’ve seen better officiating at upward bounds. . If this is a classic, there has to be better... I’m taking nothing away from eastern players, but our Redstreaks battled and deserved better. Piketon was in position to win that game even against the odds and I think a second game would be different outcome. It was very clear to those of us from Camp Creek that The fix was in.

Also, I think it’s disrespectful to all the good folks across the county who come to the pike county tournament and have to wait on Waverly to announce their HOF. Why don’t they recoggnize county folks making a difference, like Jolie Billingsworth who is an educated reporter, Tim Feddericci who calls basketball games for all schools in county on the radio, or commissioner Beekman whose brought unity to pike county over the atomic dump. I nearly wrecked my geo metro tonight in the snow cause of having to wait to get out for the cerealmoney.

I’d like to see Gary’s Smart Mart, the Grove, and Johns Tire and Lube hold our own Holiday tournament at Piketon. At least there’s gonna be some lube...get it 😉.

See you all tomorrow night. Gonna have a double trainwreck in morning!
Eastern was more physical but was allowed to be? Really??? Didn't Eastern have 6 or 7 fouls 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter to Piketons 1? Was the game poorly officiated yes but did it change the outcome of the game no. If anything it probably saved Piketon from getting beat 15-20 points with them calling the game so tight because Eastern straight man handled Piketon down low and if it wasnt called so tight Easterns bigs wouldn't have been on the bench most of the 3rd. being in foul trouble. I think tonight Piketon fans have came back to reality and realized they're not as good as what they thought they were. Piketons about 3-4 assistant coaches and a couple Eastern transfers away from being great!

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

EagleNut14 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 am
Camp Creek Cougar wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:39 pm Sorry but I said it earlier...Piketon didn’t stand a chance if they gotta play 9 on 5, and that’s exactly what happened tonight. Eastern was more physical but they were allowed to be. Heck, look like those officials spent Christmas with Baraqua. He owned them. I’ve seen better officiating at upward bounds. . If this is a classic, there has to be better... I’m taking nothing away from eastern players, but our Redstreaks battled and deserved better. Piketon was in position to win that game even against the odds and I think a second game would be different outcome. It was very clear to those of us from Camp Creek that The fix was in.

Also, I think it’s disrespectful to all the good folks across the county who come to the pike county tournament and have to wait on Waverly to announce their HOF. Why don’t they recoggnize county folks making a difference, like Jolie Billingsworth who is an educated reporter, Tim Feddericci who calls basketball games for all schools in county on the radio, or commissioner Beekman whose brought unity to pike county over the atomic dump. I nearly wrecked my geo metro tonight in the snow cause of having to wait to get out for the cerealmoney.

I’d like to see Gary’s Smart Mart, the Grove, and Johns Tire and Lube hold our own Holiday tournament at Piketon. At least there’s gonna be some lube...get it 😉.

See you all tomorrow night. Gonna have a double trainwreck in morning!
Eastern was more physical but was allowed to be? Really??? Didn't Eastern have 6 or 7 fouls 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter to Piketons 1? Was the game poorly officiated yes but did it change the outcome of the game no. If anything it probably saved Piketon from getting beat 15-20 points with them calling the game so tight because Eastern straight man handled Piketon down low and if it wasnt called so tight Easterns bigs wouldn't have been on the bench most of the 3rd. being in foul trouble. I think tonight Piketon fans have came back to reality and realized they're not as good as what they thought they were. Piketons about 3-4 assistant coaches and a couple Eastern transfers away from being great!
Lol that is true look back and see the how many SVC titles they won without an Eastern transfer but on a lighter note that was probably the worst officiated game I have seen this year on both sides eastern handled the pressure that everyone one said they couldn’t not taking nothing away from piketon they are a good team and Tanner Perdue has a motor that never stops and the Isaac little very good player I see great things from him in next 3 years

Return to “Boys Basketball”