NY vs Athens 12/22/17

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: NY vs Athens 12/22/17

Post by Truth&fiction »

therealNY wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:56 am Like I said...very low bar. Hell Roy and his son about the same caliber as those 2 were Saturday.
Saw Roy and his BOY years back doing some smaller scale games and they were >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> so you 're saying these 2 are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Lol

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm
therealNY wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:07 am Best crew in the district? Holy crap that bar most be LOW. The boy is horrible. The dad is better, but BEST? Wth have we become.
I’m sure you could do much better, maybe you should give it a try! And yes the younger one is also a college official.
College? Maybe we are talking about different people. Lol

If you ain't first, you're last!
bobcatforlife13
Waterboy

Post by bobcatforlife13 »

I knew kids on both sides of the court and it was a great game to watch! Very impressed with Eli Chubb as usual and NYHS put up a heck of a fight. This Athens team is very exciting to watch! Love Butcher's playing and Hynes always brings excitement to the floor! Hard fought game, but Athens showed a lot of heart and took it home! Look forward to seeing them play at NYHS!

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

This was a very informative thread about the officials; not much about the game though.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

I thought Athens did a great job doing what gave themselves the best chance to win by playing inside out . I thought Nelsonville-York didn’t adjust to in-game opportunities. No criticism intended. I am sure Coach Justice will see on film.
1. On Athens iso in low post - NY neeed to double Hines and Butcher on the second dribble. It wasn’t like they were posting in the sweet spot and were just drop stepping at the basket. They were backing down with multiple dribbles.
2. When NY was playing zone - they collapsed when the dogs threw it into the high post making it easy for Hines to locate people on perimeter. Have to match and fan out when ball gets to middle of zone.
3. Against Athens zone it was easy for NY TO get ball into high post because Athens was playing above elbow offensive player. The problem was the kid playing the high post wasn’t an offensive threat - but did an amazing job of f getting open and catching pass. My thought was to put a n offensive threat there.
3. Against Athens man I think NY could have really taken advantage of their quickness by involving Athens post players in high ball screens.

Just a basketball junkies opinion 😁🏀

Return to “Boys Basketball”