Should they Start doing High School Christmas day games?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Should they Start doing High School Christmas day games?

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:53 pm No. unless it is " Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SoutEast Ohio Christmas Day Holiday Get-together" THEN it would be fine LOL ...

This is a good idea :)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ben_dover
Waterboy

Post by ben_dover »

farmer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm No way should that happen. If it ever was to happen you would have players who would elect to skip the game just like college players missing the bowl game. Take the time off even if not with family and spend by themselves. Basketball should be fun and balanced with life.
Farmer you're gonna have to change your name. there is already a farmer and just because he has an 8 at the end of his name, does not give you the right to steal his name! This is pitiful. You are the kind of person who would be against the playing of highschool basketball games on Christmas Day.

YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT A LIP, NOT A LUNG. -CHAWNATION
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

ben_dover wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am
farmer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm No way should that happen. If it ever was to happen you would have players who would elect to skip the game just like college players missing the bowl game. Take the time off even if not with family and spend by themselves. Basketball should be fun and balanced with life.
Farmer you're gonna have to change your name. there is already a farmer and just because he has an 8 at the end of his name, does not give you the right to steal his name! This is pitiful. You are the kind of person who would be against the playing of highschool basketball games on Christmas Day.
farmer joined in 2007. Farmer 8 joined in 2017. And you telling him to change his name because he stole it Hope you don't work for the sheriff' s department

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

itsme wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am
farmer joined in 2007. Farmer 8 joined in 2017. And you telling him to change his name because he stole it Hope you don't work for the sheriff' s department
dude what the heck is your beef with me are you trying to get me kicked off preps just stop dude!!!!!!

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
coonhunter
Waterboy

Post by coonhunter »

ITSME, you need to stop!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:53 pm No. unless it is " Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SoutEast Ohio Christmas Day Holiday Get-together" THEN it would be fine LOL ...

Then all the gate goes to charity.LOL
... absolutely ALL $$$$ would go to charity (local) OR I would like doing one scholarship for each school for the year they qualify to participate in the Pfloyd Elite 8 Holiday Get-Together ... the amount depending on the $$$$ from the gate ... every school earning the right to participate in the holiday classic would earn a scholarship/be able to take something back from qualifying to play in the tourney to give to a student in their home school ... Pfloyd giving back to Southern/Southeast Ohio hoops ... being in the Elite 8 would be a goal every year ... 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 Plays 6 and 7 plays 8 ...

Participating school would be required to have 1 or 2 sponsors who would get advertising space in the Elite 8 Program - money from the sponsors would go to paying for the officials for each the games played ...

Matt Ash and SEOPs could come up with the T-shirts to be given to participants on each team after their game ... MVP for each game on each team would receive a Purple Hippo MVP award ... all tournament team selected at the end of the day ...

Christmas Day would never be the same again Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Could we do this the DAYS after Christmas . I think as high profile this would be the results would be the same . A WIN WIN situation . ADs take heed .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:35 pm Could we do this the DAYS after Christmas . I think as high profile this would be the results would be the same . A WIN WIN situation . ADs take heed .
I would do it that week between Christmas and New Years ... I am NOT for playing ON Christmas day - although THAT would guarantee no other games scheduled THAT day LOL - no conflicts for ANYONE LOL - other than the technicality of it being Christmas Day LOL - I'm ALL FOR kids being with family that day , sports and dedication that these kids have to TEAM, the sacrifices that families make FOR SPORTS throughout the year is enough already - giving up family time Christmas Day is asking too much ...

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

farmer8 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:15 pm

dude what the heck is your beef with me are you trying to get me kicked off preps just stop dude!!!!!!
First of all there is nothing wrong with a good quality tasting BEEF. Raise it right all is very good if cooked right. My opinion on Beef and playing Christmas Day. This is a time of year that some families as they are spread out of the area get together. When I was in school what business was open was a short list as none were. Gas if you didn't have it for your trip you had to bum it off people. I can go for many reasons why not. Just do not think I need to since I will not be going to any like most of the people I know. Also Tender and Juicy was the best name and tasty cow I ever had.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:12 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:35 pm Could we do this the DAYS after Christmas . I think as high profile this would be the results would be the same . A WIN WIN situation . ADs take heed .
I would do it that week between Christmas and New Years ... I am NOT for playing ON Christmas day - although THAT would guarantee no other games scheduled THAT day LOL - no conflicts for ANYONE LOL - other than the technicality of it being Christmas Day LOL - I'm ALL FOR kids being with family that day , sports and dedication that these kids have to TEAM, the sacrifices that families make FOR SPORTS throughout the year is enough already - giving up family time Christmas Day is asking too much ...

Just like some people celebrate Christmas in July. Just have it a different day and call it Our Christmas Ballgame. Have fun with it just not on Christmas.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think a Christmas night game would do just fine. I live down the street from the movie theater in Gallipolis. They tell me Christmas night is just about there busiest night of year for them. Full of teenagers wanting out of house. Now I think if you were going to do it though would need to be really local teams because no one wants to travel Christmas night but in right circumstances would be great

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I think it’s a great idea. And each team could practice Christmas Eve. Since were playing basketball we had may as well not take any school time off. Can you imagine how much knowledge gets lost from the minds of kids while on break.

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Post by Rolling Rock »

Sorry this shouldn't even be discussed

Return to “Boys Basketball”