Jackson @ South Webster 1/23

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ South Webster 1/23

Post by Ironman92 »

Blevins injured ankle? Hope it’s very minor and he’s ok to return.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

34-24 Jackson at the half

Shilo blevins is out with a ankle injury...

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jackson getting to many easy looks now that Blevins is out. Thought Jackson got away with a goal tending call too but whatever

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:58 pm Jackson getting to many easy looks now that Blevins is out. Thought Jackson got away with a goal tending call too but whatever
Not sure Jackson has a kid that can touch rim lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Blevins did not return from the locker room after half time

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Swatting a ball off the backboard is a GT the way I understand it

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm Swatting a ball off the backboard is a GT the way I understand it
If it has already touched the backboard yes

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

48-28 Jackson bout halfway the 3rd... look like biddy ballers out there

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

57-34 Jackson after 3

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

68-46 final

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Haven’t heard any word on Blevins condition but he never reappeared in the gym after that. I’m not to worried about this loss Knowing Jackson is pretty good. Just hope Blevins is back in time for tournament ball. Looked like a sprain but I’m sure someone will chime in with more info...

Webster has talent on the floor but just can’t put anything together when SB isn’t there. Don’t know where we go from here but somethings gotta give

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to the Jeeps the rest of the season.

Hoping Blevins can get back!

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

Jackson kids were saying he broke his ankle. Hope not... Good luck Jeeps

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Jeeps dodged a bullet tonight.

Level 3 sprain. No break. No surgery.

4 weeks until Sectional Semis. 5 weeks until Sectional Finals.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

I'm happy Blevins has only a sprain! Should be back within a week, two max if it's only a sprain. Good news is the schedule isn't too strong for a while! @ West who only has 4 wins so we still have a chance there, Clay Saturday who is really really REALLY down! East Tuesday who only has 3 wins! Next Friday @ Northwest they only have 4 wins!

Don't get me wrong it WONT BE EASY without Blevins but if he's ever going to tweak an ankle this is the part of the schedule to do it! If we can get 2 of those 4 that would be a good stretch and is definitely possible. Our offense has been so bad and one dimensional for awhile now this may actually help our kids because they'll have to screen and score on their own! This is the time where a 2nd scorer truly rises up for us! Then when you bring a player as good as Blevins back we could be a little better all around on the offensive end!

Let me know when one of you hear when Blevins will be back. I'm betting next Friday @ Northwest at the latest but we will see!

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

Glad to hear it was only a sprain considerin we herd it was a bad break. Don't overlook the Mohawks JeepNation! Our boys will be ready for that game.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Might be good for them to play without him for a couple games. I’m not sure Blevins has actually sat the bench more than a couple times this season. That said Corriel is the man now and I’m looking at him to be the playmaker now

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I agree about Coriell. Maybe a chance for someone like Bockway to earn some minutes. Kid needs a fire lit under him. A lot of potential, but, can get lazy. In spirts I thought he looked good last night. I don't mind if the kid makes mistakes when he's playing hard. Mistakes is how you get better and learn. Big opportunity for some other guys with Blevins out. May not win many games at all, but you're still looking for growth from the others.

Making offers you can't refuse
Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Post by Between the Lines »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm Swatting a ball off the backboard is a GT the way I understand it
If it has already touched the backboard yes
The backboard has nothing to do with goaltending. Goaltending is contacting the ball on its downward flight, above the level of the rim, with a chance to go in. On most layups, the ball is going up after it contacts the backboard. It is legal to pin the ball against the backboard if it still on the way up and not in the imaginary cylinder above the basket. Slapping the backboard is neither basket interference nor is it goaltending and points cannot be awarded. A player who strikes a backboard so forcefully that it cannot be ignored because it is an attempt to draw attention to the player, or a means of venting frustration, may be assessed a technical foul. When a player simply attempts to block a shot and accidentally slaps the backboard it is neither a violation nor is it a technical foul.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Between the Lines wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:38 pm

The backboard has nothing to do with goaltending. Goaltending is contacting the ball on its downward flight, above the level of the rim, with a chance to go in. On most layups, the ball is going up after it contacts the backboard. It is legal to pin the ball against the backboard if it still on the way up and not in the imaginary cylinder above the basket. Slapping the backboard is neither basket interference nor is it goaltending and points cannot be awarded. A player who strikes a backboard so forcefully that it cannot be ignored because it is an attempt to draw attention to the player, or a means of venting frustration, may be assessed a technical foul. When a player simply attempts to block a shot and accidentally slaps the backboard it is neither a violation nor is it a technical foul.
You are correct and this is one of the most misunderstood rules in high school basketball. As long as the ball isn't on it's way down, it's perfectly fine to slap it against the backboard or even slap the backboard attempting to get to it...... Which differs from NCAA and NBA which states that if the ball touches the backboard it cannot be touched as it would then be goal-tending (again, this is for NCAA and NBA only, NOT for high school)

The other most misunderstood rule would be the over and back call where all 3 points must cross when bringing the ball into the half-court.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”