Eastern pike at western

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Eastern pike at western

Post by Truth Serum »

I am surprised that there hasn’t been any discussion about this game .

I think eastern blew out western earlier in the season . However, coach Fitch has turned the Indians into a solid team that is playing good ball right now . The Indians are not overly talented but play hard and have to have some confidence after upsetting Zane trace.

The eagles on paper should be too much. I will be pulling for an upset in laham tonight !
Thoughts ?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: Eastern pike at western

Post by BigGuy10 »

Still think Eastern is too much for Western tonight. Eastern has a solid inside game and I look for that to be a deciding factor in tonight's game. Eastern by 10 or more.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Miller vs Jordan, Brewster vs Liest, this one could come down to how well Humphrey plays could be another upset brewing for the Indians.

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

Eagles in a close one

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

The way eastern has been playing I wouldn’t be surprised to see an upset western is always tough at home the eagles flew through 1st half of soc 1 schedule but in 2nd half of it have struggled

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

tigerchief1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm Miller vs Jordan, Brewster vs Liest, this one could come down to how well Humphrey plays could be another upset brewing for the Indians.
Sorry but night in and night those players are not even close.

OSU Alumni 2003
Waterboy

Post by OSU Alumni 2003 »

Very fun game to watch tonight, very physical. Eastern maintained an 8-10 pt lead for the majority of the game. Got a little hairy towards the end. Western stepped it up a notch but Eastern was able to knock down FT's down the stretch. Nice WIN on the road for the Eagles against a very tough Western Team right now.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Solid win as Western is a much improved team from early in season. Eagles stay undefeated in Soc. NB won to stay only 1 game back

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Anyone have any stats or comments on the game ? I was told it was a 5 point game with a minute left? Also was told the players should have wore helmets and shoulder pads .. lol

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

ronm001 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 pm
tigerchief1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm Miller vs Jordan, Brewster vs Liest, this one could come down to how well Humphrey plays could be another upset brewing for the Indians.
Sorry but night in and night those players are not even close.
I know all these young men, from both schools, they are all good solid players, Brewster consistent long range shooter, Liest fast, good ball handler and can get to the basket anytime he wants, Miller can play the low post, high post, or knock shots down from outside, Jordan the same and is also a shot blocker, Humphrey is just an excellent athlete. I wasn't comparing these young men, I was just saying that if they were all on it may come down to Humphrey making plays.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Truth Serum wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am Anyone have any stats or comments on the game ? I was told it was a 5 point game with a minute left? Also was told the players should have wore helmets and shoulder pads .. lol
Eastern jumped out to early ten point lead after 1st and pretty much sustained that (8-12pt)lead throughout.Western made couple good runs and big run late to cut it to 5 but Evan Leist knocked down 6 free throws late to seal it. Miller led Eagles with 21 points and 14 rebounds, Leist finished with 20 points and Cochenour had 19 and hit 5 threes
Brewster led Indians with 25 points, Humphrey had 16. Western much improved from early in season, gotta give Fitch and staff credit, they have Indians playing good ball..good win for Eastern in county rivalry game on road in a very physical game. Eastern was 15-20 from foul line down the stretch.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

beaverlover wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pm
Truth Serum wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am Anyone have any stats or comments on the game ? I was told it was a 5 point game with a minute left? Also was told the players should have wore helmets and shoulder pads .. lol
Eastern jumped out to early ten point lead after 1st and pretty much sustained that (8-12pt)lead throughout.Western made couple good runs and big run late to cut it to 5 but Evan Leist knocked down 6 free throws late to seal it. Miller led Eagles with 21 points and 14 rebounds, Leist finished with 20 points and Cochenour had 19 and hit 5 threes
Brewster led Indians with 25 points, Humphrey had 16. Western much improved from early in season, gotta give Fitch and staff credit, they have Indians playing good ball..good win for Eastern in county rivalry game on road in a very physical game. Eastern was 15-20 from foul line down the stretch.
Thanks beaverlover
Eastern is loaded with one of best point guards, post players, and shooters in the area . Your team is stacked!

Also agree coach Fitch has done an amazing job at western . I always thought he was one of the best when I watched him coach at eastern. Good to see some eagle faithful recognizing that . Good luck to both teams

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I will agree that Western is a very good team. I had the opportunity to see them last weekend (vs Paint Valley) and I was impressed with their talent. I don’t know how much they have improved but right now, they are a very solid team. They have a good Big, a good pt. guard and good shooters to go with them. I was not surprised they upset Zane Trace.

Return to “Boys Basketball”