Eastern @ South Gallia (36-57)

mitchcope23
Waterboy

Eastern @ South Gallia (36-57)

Post by mitchcope23 »

Eastern-36, South Gallia-57: Final
The Eastern boys fell to South Gallia of all teams with a school record-low 12 rebounds the entire game according to the Eastern bookkeeping.
Thoughts?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: Eastern @ South Gallia (36-57)

Post by Jim Ryan »

mitchcope23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:24 pm Eastern-36, South Gallia-57: Final
The Eastern boys fell to South Gallia of all teams with a school record-low 12 rebounds the entire game according to the Eastern bookkeeping.
Thoughts?
The game was at SG, correct? No more needs said.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 pm
Thoughts?
SG has been playing much better and now has a new player allowed to play. Eastern just got their butts kicked. Same as Southern did. SG shot 17-21 in the first half vs Southern. Give credit where credit is due. Kent has them playing decent ball and in the hocking every game is a crap shoot.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

TVC wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 pm
Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 pm
Thoughts?
SG has been playing much better and now has a new player allowed to play. Eastern just got their butts kicked. Same as Southern did. SG shot 17-21 in the first half vs Southern. Give credit where credit is due. Kent has them playing decent ball and in the hocking every game is a crap shoot.
At some places it's crap, not sure about the shoot though. LOL Not sure if you noticed but 3 of their 4 wins are at home. They were soundly defeated at both Southern and Eastern, yet beat both those teams at home. Makes a person wonder. ;)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

South Gallia has gotten a lot better over the course of the season! Coach Wolf has done a very good job and the players are buying into what he is teaching them. Of course like it has always been when SG wins at home it has to be home cooking! The old AD retired at the end of 2015 give it a rest. But then again, "What Happens in Mercer Vegas, stays in Mercer Vegas"!

Then maybe the TVC should agree to has an assigner for all games, Oh wait SG uses an assigner!
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:17 pm South Gallia has gotten a lot better over the course of the season! Coach Wolf has done a very good job and the a the players are buying into what he is teaching them. Of course like it has always been when SG wins at home it has to be home cooking! The old AD retired at the end of 2015 give it a rest. But then again, "What Happens in Mercer Vegas, stays in Mercer Vegas"!
So you're telling us that the team got 47 points better in a month? I'm not buying what you're selling. Stop hiring the home cookers and you won't be accused of home cooking. :lol:

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

most teams do and should play better at home. They practice in that gym as well as play half their games in that gym. So for a team to win more home games then away is not shocking.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

South Gallia now uses an assigner! You want to stop all the talk then the TVC should agree to an assigner, oh wait one of the parts of the TVC that is strongly against an assigner is Meigs county, oh my!

SG got a couple of new players from the start of the season that have made a difference and Coach Wolf's coaching. Maybe Meigs county should of worked hard to keep one of their own there, but that is too late!

Oh by the way-I have no connection to SG anymore!

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Also, I will add the Crew that did that game last night was from Jackson County, (Wellston Area). 3 of the Better ones in the SE District. (No, I am not one of them. LOL)

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

I would love to see on a public forum why SGHS went with an assigner haha

honest answers only!!!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:28 pm South Gallia now uses an assigner! You want to stop all the talk then the TVC should agree to an assigner, oh wait one of the parts of the TVC that is strongly against an assigner is Meigs county, oh my!

SG got a couple of new players from the start of the season that have made a difference and Coach Wolf's coaching. Maybe Meigs county should of worked hard to keep one of their own there, but that is too late!

Oh by the way-I have no connection to SG anymore!
The problem with one team in a league, or multiple teams, having their own individual assigner that no one else in the league uses is it's no different than not having one. When you have an assigner for a whole league those officials are rated by all the coaches and AD's in that league, and therefore it is not in their best interest to routinely favor one team over another. In addition to that, a coach can request to not have a certain official or crew do a game at home and on the road. But with SG and Belpre having each there own assigner no one else in the league can make requests to their assigners.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The old dude that was the AD at SG is no longer there so people need to step off when it comes to SG cheating. Those days are gone.

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 am The old dude that was the AD at SG is no longer there so people need to step off when it comes to SG cheating. Those days are gone.
Well it's good that they've stopped cheating, and even better that you admit that they were. That is the first step to recovery. :mrgreen:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

jack is a legend, it took many people to replace him

GAHSBB#1fan
Riding the Bench

Post by GAHSBB#1fan »

Jack is a good Christian man and he never cheated. The refs that he had was not local refs. How about last year at the Eastern and SG game at SG that the ref stole the game from SG calling a foul that was no foul and clock was on 0 time I was at that game and I’m not a SG follower and the rebels got beat by a bad call at home or did you all forget that.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I thought the success that South Gallia had from 2005 to 2016 was because of good athletes, good coaches, community support, and hard work. I did not realize it was that old fat bald guy was a cheater.

coonhunter
Waterboy

Post by coonhunter »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 am The old dude that was the AD at SG is no longer there so people need to step off when it comes to SG cheating. Those days are gone.
Jack James never cheated

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

koondogger you do not disappoint

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

We lost, congrats 2 South Gallia on the win! Who you guys got rest of the year?

Return to “Boys Basketball”