Federal Hocking @ Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Federal Hocking @ Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 am
HamPorter wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 am I'll lay off of Athens for scheduling this game for one reason, as long as it is part of a long standing series between the two schools. It is, right?
NO
Agreed

We use to have a Saturday night game with Trimble every year back in the day, which would be ok I think. But id prefer a DII non conference game. Not sure why we took New Lex off the schedule, that was a decent match-up with tournament implications.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I think Athens should play every county School. Make more money than playing Morgan, Jackson, and Bishop Watterson

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:14 am It's just strange to me, the Athens faithful want respect for their team and program, but say that this is a solid game to have on the schedule. Federal Hocking was the worst team in the SE District and possibly entire state last year.

I know the rest of the non conference schedule is okay to good, but intentionally scheduling a gimme that is 2 divisions below you is weak.
Fed Hock last years team is no longer playing this year. :D

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

TVC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am
HamPorter wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:14 am It's just strange to me, the Athens faithful want respect for their team and program, but say that this is a solid game to have on the schedule. Federal Hocking was the worst team in the SE District and possibly entire state last year.

I know the rest of the non conference schedule is okay to good, but intentionally scheduling a gimme that is 2 divisions below you is weak.
Fair enough, but only one school in the SE District has less wins than they do this year. I'm sure they'll be fine down the road since they have a nice freshman class, but until they reach the level of a Trimble or Waterford, they aren't a DIV that Athens should play.

Athens is better than that, that's my last argument on this subject. They will be a top 10 team in this area next season and needs to address that in scheduling to help them in the postseason.

FedHockHoops
Waterboy

Post by FedHockHoops »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm Barlow Trolling as usual. He can't say nice win and good job with 8 in a row now, 6 of those being on the road including VC, Logan Elm and Jackson. He has to be sarcastic because it was Fed Hock. Didn't hear a peep out of him when the Bulldogs beat VC at Valhalla, why not? Cause he is the biggest DB known to man.
To be fair, there's literally zero reason for Athens to play Fed Hock at this time besides to get an easy win.
I'm thinking this game had more to do with Fed Hock scheduling up than Athens scheduling down. Are you saying other teams don't do this?? Not sure what you mean "at this time"? This was a make-up game from awhile back. And mostly these games are good for bench players to get more time on the court, so I don't see anything wrong with that. It also was a good Senior Night game. As 93Bulldog stated we have 2 good games back to back next weekend with Alex and then Morgan.
The game was on the schedule before I was hired FYI.
Moving forward we are hoping to add more teams to our schedule that we feel fit our profile. Athens is a great basketball team. Very long, big post players and guards that can shoot. They will be a tough beat if playing well.
I want to openly thank Coach Cozart for taking time to call out our Seniors to be recognized during Athens' senior night. We appreciate your hospitality and Good Luck in the post season.
Go Lancers!

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:48 pm
hitman 23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Didn’t Warren just play Waterford? :roll:
huge difference in Waterfords program vs fed hocks program
Since people wanna talk down about fed hock. Yeah, they have only won 2 games this season, but they are coming. Let me point this out.......Fed Hock is led by freshmen. One which leads in scoring, has 218 points, didn't play in 2 games, and still has 4 to go. Another freshman that is right behind Massie. So anyone that thinks Fed Hock is a joke, will be eating their words within the next two seasons.
OMG, did someone just go there???? Fed Hock has won 2 games in 3 years.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

I just want Athens, Logan, VC, Meigs and say Warren to be in a 3rd arm of the TVC. But we know Athens will never go for that ;)

If you ain't first, you're last!
Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

As for Fed Hock's team last year not playing this year......they have 3 return that are now seniors. Two of which start, along with two freshmen and a sophomore. So many rude comments about the Lancers. Have any of u watched them play? Have any of u saw the talent of Massie and Smith? These two are dynamic, and they are just freshmen. I wouldn't be scared to sat, Massie is gonna hit his 1000 points his junior year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Maroon2018 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm

As for Fed Hock's team last year not playing this year......they have 3 return that are now seniors. Two of which start, along with two freshmen and a sophomore. So many rude comments about the Lancers. Have any of u watched them play? Have any of u saw the talent of Massie and Smith? These two are dynamic, and they are just freshmen. I wouldn't be scared to sat, Massie is gonna hit his 1000 points his junior year.
Their record speaks for itself, not disrespecting, just pointing out that several Athens posters are thumping their chest for beating down the 2020 Regional Champions.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

Yeah, fed hock is down and has been for a couple years. They have had a different coach for several years. Inconsistency doesn't help. As for the record, they didn't win any last season.....which is hard to do without talent. They now have talent they have been waiting for. Won two games this season, which for them, means a lot. Wait and see the shake up in the next 3 seasons. Fed Hock is gonna be the team towards the top. Massie, Smith and Jarvis being the freshmen trio, is only gonna be better and have a step ahead of other teams.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

FedHockHoops wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm

To be fair, there's literally zero reason for Athens to play Fed Hock at this time besides to get an easy win.
I'm thinking this game had more to do with Fed Hock scheduling up than Athens scheduling down. Are you saying other teams don't do this?? Not sure what you mean "at this time"? This was a make-up game from awhile back. And mostly these games are good for bench players to get more time on the court, so I don't see anything wrong with that. It also was a good Senior Night game. As 93Bulldog stated we have 2 good games back to back next weekend with Alex and then Morgan.
The game was on the schedule before I was hired FYI.
Moving forward we are hoping to add more teams to our schedule that we feel fit our profile. Athens is a great basketball team. Very long, big post players and guards that can shoot. They will be a tough beat if playing well.
I want to openly thank Coach Cozart for taking time to call out our Seniors to be recognized during Athens' senior night. We appreciate your hospitality and Good Luck in the post season.
Go Lancers!
Class Act from both teams!!!

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Their record speaks for itself, not disrespecting, just pointing out that several Athens posters are thumping their chest for beating down the 2020 Regional Champions.
Also, yes, the record does speak for itself. What's expected of everyone, this young talent to go straight from middle school to varsity and win the league? These boys that lead Fed had to skip freshman and JV, and play only varsity. Their time is coming.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

That's highly unlikely as this was senior night for Athens and Fed Hock graciously changed their schedule to accommodate Athens so they could both get in their 22 game schedule. If anything it was a tune up for both teams as they ramp up to post season. No injuries and friendly game. Fed Hock will be on the rise next year based upon some of the players I saw against Athens. Its a stepping stone process and if you saw the Fed Hock JV, you were looking at a competitive team to be mixed in with the varsity in the next two years.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Maroon2018 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Also, yes, the record does speak for itself. What's expected of everyone, this young talent to go straight from middle school to varsity and win the league? These boys that lead Fed had to skip freshman and JV, and play only varsity. Their time is coming.
Adena plays 5 freshmen on varsity and has won 6 games against all D2 and D3 teams.

Logan Elm plays 5 freshmen on varsity and has won 8 games against D1, D2, and D3 teams.

You are able to win games with youngsters.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Yes I have watched FH play and I was somewhat impressed. They moved the ball as well as any team I have seen this year. Shooting will improve when they get older as will knowing what weak side defense is. They will be fine in the future and may just give someone a surprise at the upcoming sectional. As for you people that don't like the Athens chest pumping. Easy fix just don't read the comments.

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Adena plays 5 freshmen on varsity and has won 6 games against all D2 and D3 teams.

Logan Elm plays 5 freshmen on varsity and has won 8 games against D1, D2, and D3 teams.

Does Adena and Logan Elm's freshmen also play freshmen and/or JV games?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Maroon2018 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Varsity only

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

I hope you realize there is this thing called quarters, and there are limits on those quarters. Exceeding those limits would be a forfeit and loss of eligibility. So, I hope you are not implying that Fed is exceeding quarters?

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm

I hope you realize there is this thing called quarters, and there are limits on those quarters. Exceeding those limits would be a forfeit and loss of eligibility. So, I hope you are not implying that Fed is exceeding quarters?
Please tell me how any of my comments suggested anything about quarters? Yes, Fed hock knows 5 quarters a night. On that note, if u knew anything about Fed, u would know that the 3 freshmen varsity boys play varsity. Not played one second in any JV game, 2 boys played in 2 freshmen games. So, maybe u should do ur research before u make assumptions. U know what they say about ASSUME..........

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Maroon2018 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm
Please tell me how any of my comments suggested anything about quarters? Yes, Fed hock knows 5 quarters a night. On that note, if u knew anything about Fed, u would know that the 3 freshmen varsity boys play varsity. Not played one second in any JV game, 2 boys played in 2 freshmen games. So, maybe u should do ur research before u make assumptions. U know what they say about ASSUME..........
Dude it is Fed Hock. If you're a freshman with a pulse you are going to play Varsity. If they played for VC, Athens, Warren or a ton of other schools they would not see Varsity minutes until they were a junior.

Return to “Boys Basketball”