Best 3 PT Shooter

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Re: Best 3 PT Shooter

Post by EagleNut14 »

Hunter Cochenour sophmore Eastern Pike. He's knocked 47 triples with 3 games left in the season.
Last edited by EagleNut14 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

2quick2catch wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:50 am Arey from Peebles
Alot of people haven't seen him when he's on. People who have witnessed him when he's hot just shake their heads . Just ask Beucler about last week.Anywhere past half court. He can make his own shot.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 am Brandon Kennedy from Unioto.

He's 42-87 (48%) this season.

For his career, he is 155-346 (44.8%), which puts him 4th all time in the state of Ohio for 3pt percentage.

Shocked that he hadn't been named yet.
Yes! And that there will help land you on a D-2 College Team. Just one of the Factors I'm sure.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some great 3 point shooters named - I agree with ALL of them so I can only add to the list names from the Braves Country :

Isaac Ward
Jeremy Wietelmann
Evan Huffman

... all 3 are excellent perimeter scorers for Logan Elm ...

Lucas Thompson, Evan Conley, Spencer Conrad for Fairfield Union ... Thompson is streaky but when he drops 1 he might knock down the next 5 or 6 with unlimited range ...

Bo Myers for Logan ...

Absolutely count Brandon Kennedy for the U !

Tre Beard ... Chillicothe

Isaac Little ... Piketon

Mitchell Hale for Oak Hill might just be the BEST of the Best imo ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am

For his career, he is 155-346 (44.8%), which puts him 4th all time in the state of Ohio for 3pt percentage.

Yes! And that there will help land you on a D-2 College Team. Just one of the Factors I'm sure.
Definitely helps! But, he's a really solid all around player, who also gets amazing grades. High-high character kid who is great for any program.

Logan Swackhammer and Chance Smith are both shooting above 40% from deep over the past 8 games, which is a major boost for Unioto as well.

Others in the area that I have seen and would mention: Jayvon Maughmer, Issac Little, Jay Wyman (Westfall), Cameron Carter (Miami Trace), Rex Hartman (Southeastern), Tre Beard (Chillicothe), Bo Myers and Landon Cassady (Logan)

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 am

Definitely helps! But, he's a really solid all around player, who also gets amazing grades. High-high character kid who is great for any program.

Logan Swackhammer and Chance Smith are both shooting above 40% from deep over the past 8 games, which is a major boost for Unioto as well.

Others in the area that I have seen and would mention: Jayvon Maughmer, Issac Little, Jay Wyman (Westfall), Cameron Carter (Miami Trace), Rex Hartman (Southeastern), Tre Beard (Chillicothe), Bo Myers and Landon Cassady (Logan)
Yes, Kennedy from Unioto! Absolute sniper

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Thompson from FU is streaky, but he has made somewhere around 200 threes for his career. May eclipse the 1000 point mark tonight against Unioto. He needs 13 I heard.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Lane Brewster Western Pike
Clayton Howell Waverly

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Bud07 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:30 pm Thompson from FU is streaky, but he has made somewhere around 200 threes for his career. May eclipse the 1000 point mark tonight against Unioto. He needs 13 I heard.
Is Thompson going to play at the Next level? Any college interest at all?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Cassidy from Logan
Heller from Sheridan
Hixson from Trimble
Never seen the kid from the U but that's impressive
Nevan Yates from VC

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

Hixson is hands down the best all around shooter from anywhere on the court in southeastern ohio

Maroon2018
Freshman Team

Post by Maroon2018 »

fireball wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm Hixson is hands down the best all around shooter from anywhere on the court in southeastern ohio
Agreed. But if it were to go to a freshman, Massie from Fed Hock without a doubt.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

My nephew is a freshman and hit 19 in a row in pregame warm ups. He didn’t get into the game but I gotta say he’s the best. His name is Trey Swisher

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:32 am
VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 am As far as an opposing teams top 3pt Shooter I have seen it is hands down the Cassidy kid from Logan. He put a total of about 11 in between the 2 games we played. A couple from NBA range.
Always wondered what Cassidy could do if he played a whole game.
Cassidy caught teams off guard and they left him open . Small in statue so that fooled some folks . Good shooter if left open . Heard that just about all his points 60 or less comes from beyond the line . Gives them a boost sometimes . They loose a little on D when in . 5,6& 7 fits in nice with main 4 . ALL 5&6 on Logan can shoot the 3 pretty well .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 pm My nephew is a freshman and hit 19 in a row in pregame warm ups. He didn’t get into the game but I gotta say he’s the best. His name is Trey Swisher
That sounds great he should meet up and play AAU ball with my Grand Daddy Ol'Al Bomber Hit 2 straight thru the ol' Peach Basket!!!!!!!! Lol !!!!!

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Lane Brewster from Latham is lights out. Many of these other shooters have others creating shots for them. Brewster seems to even swish half of his make. I would guess he had made somewhere around 75% of his 3s in 6 games in the Holiday Tourney.

Kennedy is definitely the best but the team is so good it's making his shots easier. Also, Unioto rims are so soft. That's one thing I think needs addressed. If their is a standard it's not being followed.

SE, PK, H, AD, PV tight rims
U, WF, ZT forgiving

Scores always up at Waverly sectional compared to SE sectional also

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm Lane Brewster from Latham is lights out. Many of these other shooters have others creating shots for them. Brewster seems to even swish half of his make. I would guess he had made somewhere around 75% of his 3s in 6 games in the Holiday Tourney.

Kennedy is definitely the best but the team is so good it's making his shots easier. Also, Unioto rims are so soft. That's one thing I think needs addressed. If their is a standard it's not being followed.

U, WF, ZT forgiving

You didn't get to a game at Westfall this year obviously lol, they went from the best shooters rims to the worst in a year. Brand new rims.

Also, Southeastern's rims seem higher/not even from tournament's past.

JacksonCounty101
Waterboy

Post by JacksonCounty101 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 pm My nephew is a freshman and hit 19 in a row in pregame warm ups. He didn’t get into the game but I gotta say he’s the best. His name is Trey Swisher
You've got to be joking 😂

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:48 pm
AnkleBraces wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm Lane Brewster from Latham is lights out. Many of these other shooters have others creating shots for them. Brewster seems to even swish half of his make. I would guess he had made somewhere around 75% of his 3s in 6 games in the Holiday Tourney.

U, WF, ZT forgiving

You didn't get to a game at Westfall this year obviously lol, they went from the best shooters rims to the worst in a year. Brand new rims.

Also, Southeastern's rims seem higher/not even from tournament's past.
Thanks Dani. Wasn't aware of that. Saw several WF players near the top of 3s made in the area. Saw them play a few times on the road. Wasn't pretty.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Kimbler from green is excellent
Cochenour from eastern
Brewster from western

Return to “Boys Basketball”