Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Waverly Vs Unioto 3/9 @8:15

Post by trojandave »

I haven't seen Unioto this year, but I can attest to having seen Waverly twice (vs.Wheelersburg and Fairland) that the Tigers will play aggressive, unafraid, and determined. How that translates to the scoreboard we will find out.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Unioto rolls in this one. Unioto inside guys with big advantage. Swack with double digit assists. I think Sheridan could have beaten the U but this is a much better matchup. Good luck to both teams.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I'm curious to see the crowd size for both teams come Friday. Last week it seemed as tho Unioto didn't bring as many as I thought they would, and their student section wasn't as large as past times. Just kind of surprising with the Tanks being a #2 seed and having such success these past couple of seasons. Maybe they will show up Friday since this is for a district title.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm I'm curious to see the crowd size for both teams come Friday. Last week it seemed as tho Unioto didn't bring as many as I thought they would, and their student section wasn't as large as past times. Just kind of surprising with the Tanks being a #2 seed and having such success these past couple of seasons. Maybe they will show up Friday since this is for a district title.
We stayed for the second game and was surprised by the Unioto crowd as well.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Unfortunately I think the road ends here for Waverly. But hopefully they prove me wrong

Making offers you can't refuse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:17 pm Unfortunately I think the road ends here for Waverly. But hopefully they prove me wrong
I believe the Tigers have proven they are capable of winning this game. It’s a matter of putting together 4 solid quarters. They played one half of ball last Friday and beat a very good Sheridan team by 11.

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Key for a Waverly win will be bench scoring, Dunn, Reed, Hoover must contribute in the scoring. When Dunn plays well the Tigers win. Reed is due to go off from three pt range, hope they can get it done, GO TIGERS!!!

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

I thought last year was Travis's best year coaching. This year is no different. He has really matured as a coach and I feel his best years are ahead. Would have loved to see some teams of the past 10 years being coached like these Tiger teams. The future Tiger teams will be fun to watch. But for now, lets get to the regionals. They are more than capable.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm I thought last year was Travis's best year coaching. This year is no different. He has really matured as a coach and I feel his best years are ahead. Would have loved to see some teams of the past 10 years being coached like these Tiger teams. The future Tiger teams will be fun to watch. But for now, lets get to the regionals. They are more than capable.
I agree, I think this is his best year with what he’s done with this group. He also has a very good staff which includes bringing Kyle Miller on board. A great hire by the school board.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The game will live stream on Spectrum Sports on Friday.

Tigerfan92
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan92 »

smurray wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Tigerfan92 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm I thought last year was Travis's best year coaching. This year is no different. He has really matured as a coach and I feel his best years are ahead. Would have loved to see some teams of the past 10 years being coached like these Tiger teams. The future Tiger teams will be fun to watch. But for now, lets get to the regionals. They are more than capable.
I agree, I think this is his best year with what he’s done with this group. He also has a very good staff which includes bringing Kyle Miller on board. A great hire by the school board.
Kyle Miller is very good drills and practice coach. Just don't let him make the game decisions on Friday. Leave that to Travis. Kyle can make kids better for someone else to coach. A good quality to have around and makes a program better.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^^Interesting^^^^^^^ Sort of a backhanded compliment or worded in a way not intended. Very good at drills and practice but as far as game day decisions keep him out of that hu??

Heard he's done good things with these kids, good guy to learn from and will do a nice job on game day when given the chance. For now let's watch these guys try to take down Unioto and move on. Good Luck

tigerchief1
Waterboy

Post by tigerchief1 »

Not to get off the topic, but let's not forget Kyle Miller has a district title as a head coach at Western Pike, I was there on that magical run. He's a great basketball mind, just a great addition for Waverly, and Travis does a great job. LETS GET IT TIGERS!!!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Greygoose,
Maybe it is a backhanded compliment but it it very accurate. Outstanding job on developing skills.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

This has been the longest week ever. Friday Hurray Up!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, and having just read about the teams as the season progressed, Unioto seems to be the most talented and fundamentally sound squad and thus favorites in the game. Never discount the Tigers, but they may have left too much on the floor in their comeback against Sheridan.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think pressure the lies on the Tanks, they are the obvious favorite going into this one. But that doesn't mean the Tigers don't have what it takes to come back home with a District Title. Unioto has a team that when they play sound and don't make mistakes, they are incredibly hard to beat. This is a big game for both schools, the lights will be shining bright on these two programs come 8:15 tomorrow night. I know Unioto won't shy away from the moment as they expected to be in this position and these guys have been here before. I had spoken to a couple of the Waverly players after the win against Sheridan as Unioto and Warren were warming up, they were excited to have a chance to play for a District Title and were confident that no matter who they faced they felt as tho they could beat them. I have a feeling the Tigers will seize the moment and won't back down.

TacoSalad
Waterboy

Post by TacoSalad »

Unioto has a good team but I expect Waverly to pull away in the second half.

Before responding to my posts please remove your blinders. I just tell it how I see it.
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Tigerfan92 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Kyle Miller is very good drills and practice coach. Just don't let him make the game decisions on Friday. Leave that to Travis. Kyle can make kids better for someone else to coach. A good quality to have around and makes a program better.

One of the dumbest things I’ve read on a thread since joining. That includes all Athens posts and the comment about all of Piketon’s 3’s being tipped in. You my friend are a moron for saying that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:38 am Greygoose,
Maybe it is a backhanded compliment but it it very accurate. Outstanding job on developing skills.
He is great at developing skills but also a solid coach. He’ll be a head coach again soon. A successful one

Return to “Boys Basketball”