The old days?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: The old days?

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm Not sure which school you mean but in my statement I meant there are transfers at schools in Adams County.
Yeah, Adams Co school had a kid who’s brother and step brother stayed at home school through graduating last year and this year. He got in trouble and wasn’t going to be able to play sports...so he left and his two sisters left as well. Rarely if ever AAU related. Peebles, like my school Jackson never gain varsity basketball players...if anything they lose them, only difference is Peebles actually has a great basketball tradition.

I am familiar with how Adams Co schools are and I’m familiar with schools that get transfers often (Burg football/basketball, Jackson football, Oak Hill boys and girls basketball and some others I’ll leave be....they are definitely different than Adams Co schools, especially Peebles.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Ironman92, Jackson has lost how many basketball players over the years? If my memory serves me, Swackhammer of Unioto and 2 or 3 starters at Oak Hill are Jackson kids. How good would Jackson have been this year had those kids not left? I understand that I don’t know why they might have transferred, but couldn’t they have helped to build a new basketball culture at JHS?

Sportsnut
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut »

Why doesn't everyone call it what it is, recruiting not transferring. And if anyone believes that these kids are transferring and have not talked to the coach in a respective sport that they play, then you are some kind of special.These kids play AAU ball together and all decide to play at the same high school in order to have a better team. AAU basketball is the downfall to High School basketball because the players are not taught fundamental basketball. They are let loose to play any way they want to play as long as they win. IMO that is why you see more high school teams run an Open offense. Because that is how a lot of the kids play AAU. Open and one on one or two or five, however many they need to dribble around in order to shoot the ball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mikepike wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:25 pm Ironman92, Jackson has lost how many basketball players over the years? If my memory serves me, Swackhammer of Unioto and 2 or 3 starters at Oak Hill are Jackson kids. How good would Jackson have been this year had those kids not left? I understand that I don’t know why they might have transferred, but couldn’t they have helped to build a new basketball culture at JHS?
Hard to imagine we would have lost yet.

In Jackson’s 90 years of basketball we have had 4 1,000 scorers....in the last 12 years we have lost 5 1,000 scorersto transfer....6 in last 20 years. It’s all good. People do what they feel is best for their families. We get them in for football. We’ve had some of the best younger athletes transfer in over the past 4 years and Jackson sports are just fine. Just last week one of the best 7th grade athletes in the entire SE district enrolled at Jackson.

Pickoff42
Waterboy

Post by Pickoff42 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:50 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm Not sure which school you mean but in my statement I meant there are transfers at schools in Adams County.
hahaha! Nobody wants to transfer to Adams county.Not enough money in our quiet little county.Seriously, I don't care who or what school takes in transfers.Its happened forever, I'm just saying I'm proud of our boys this year who have stuck together thru thick and thin. Oh by the way there are a couple of players on other teams that transferred out of Peebles to greener pastures and they are currently still in the hunt at OU. One in the hunt for Dlll district player of the year.
Hoopie74:
Who is it that is in the hunt for D3 district player of the year who transferred put of Peebles? Dylan Swingle of Paint Valley was already named D3 district player of the year!

Return to “Boys Basketball”