SOC Impact Freshmen

buckeyeindian
Waterboy

SOC Impact Freshmen

Post by buckeyeindian »

Which teams in The SOC I and II that will have Freshmen with imediate impacts this year?

Lightle04
SE

Re: SOC Impact Freshmen

Post by Lightle04 »

Western has a few that will contribute. I think Ethan Dunn has a lot of potential. Kyle Miller will help him develop a lot . At 6'3 he has a nice foundation to build off of. And Lane Brewster is a very nice shooter. Alex Humphrey is a very good athlete and is about 6'0 tall very good defender . But varsity is a huge jump for kids the game speed and strength of older kids plays a big role.

Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

Biggest impact freshman. I believe will be Evan Liest out at Eastern pike. He seems like he can handle the ball well, dish it when he needs to and can score. He'll be one of the top athletics come his senior year.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Dicwag22 wrote:Biggest impact freshman. I believe will be Evan Liest out at Eastern pike. He seems like he can handle the ball well, dish it when he needs to and can score. He'll be one of the top athletics come his senior year.

He plays great defense as well we will see him on alot of the good guards the soc1 has.

GO EAGLES
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Webster has a really impressive freshman, the younger Blevins boy. He looked solid against a tough Portsmouth team last night. He's about 6'3" and can leap like a deer. He's going to be fun to watch the next 4 years.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

tanner holden for burg will be fun to watch

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

brown22 wrote:
Dicwag22 wrote:Biggest impact freshman. I believe will be Evan Liest out at Eastern pike. He seems like he can handle the ball well, dish it when he needs to and can score. He'll be one of the top athletics come his senior year.

He plays great defense as well we will see him on alot of the good guards the soc1 has.

Yes. His defense was soild on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to watching him play, as well as the rest of the young Eagles team.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bbjunky81 wrote:Webster has a really impressive freshman, the younger Blevins boy. He looked solid against a tough Portsmouth team last night. He's about 6'3" and can leap like a deer. He's going to be fun to watch the next 4 years.
Seen him play some this summer the youngman has a really good motor, plays very hard.

coachw99
Waterboy

Post by coachw99 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:tanner holden for burg will be fun to watch
i agree!

buckeyeindian
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeindian »

Ethan Dunn at Western looked impressive all be it in a loss to Green, but not bad for his first varsity game. I love watching Evan Liest at Eastern, although I have not seen him this year, but Evan is the real deal. There is alot of talent in Southern Ohio, gonna be fun to watch.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Evan liest looked good in friday nights win over new boston lead the eagles in scoring kept the great defensive effort up and looks more like a floor general every game going to be a big part in the great things that are going to happen for the eagles.

GO EAGLES
Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Cameron Dalton from Minford looks to be a pretty good freshman. He has good height and basketball knowledge. Should be able to help the Falcons inside game this year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Green has a freshman kid that starts and looks like he's pretty skilled.

formerbobcat
Waterboy

Post by formerbobcat »

coop wrote:Green has a freshman kid that starts and looks like he's pretty skilled.
Who is the kid from Green?

Thanks

buckeyeindian
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeindian »

Western's Ethan Dunn sparked the Indians coming off the bench, some great steals, one he took the length of the floor a scored, plus the foul, several rebounds on both ends.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverlys freshman class is loaded. They are playing well right now undefeated and unchallenged. I realize some of the other teams have problably moved some kids up. This team is fun to watch and very unselfish. Kobe Marquez and Cody Remington are also having a major impact on the JV team. Bright future in waverly.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Watched Tanner Holden of Wheelersburg drop 28 pts on Webster tonight. Best player on the floor by far, and will be one of the best players in southeastern Ohio history by the time his career is over. Phenomenal.*

Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

brown22 wrote:Evan liest looked good in friday nights win over new boston lead the eagles in scoring kept the great defensive effort up and looks more like a floor general every game going to be a big part in the great things that are going to happen for the eagles.

I couldn't agree more. His IQ on the court for a freshman, is absolutely amazing. I enjoy watching him and the rest of that team play.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Green has two freshman starters. Kimbler and Carver. Both very skilled with high IQs. They will be tough as they get older.

Richard
Waterboy

Post by Richard »

Tanner Holden from Wheelersburg had an outstanding performance last night scoring 28 points vs. South Webster. He hit some huge 3-pointers when they were needed, dominated in the paint, and also played unselfishly dishing off the ball to teammates. Skies the limit for this freshman.

Return to “Boys Basketball”