12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks Tri-StateYouthSports & SEOAL74 for the assist ! saves room on the Napkin Stat sheets if I have the starters listed first rather than just putting the roster in numerical order and listing players who don't see the floor ...thank you guys ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Things I’ve noticed about high school basketball in the past .... years.

Good teams — teams that like each other and like basketball — don’t hate coming to practice — those are the teams who make runs come tournament time but ALSO are the same teams who play well over Christmas break after a lay-off. They use the time to get better as a whole and also as individuals. Kids who play multiple sports might use these 2 weeks to simply get better and it’s amazing the growth some of them can show in January.

If Gallipolis comes through this period and hits the floor on Friday and looks connected and together then it’s definitely a sign of things to come later.

I look forward to this one on Friday night.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I haven’t heard anything this week. But I heard the full week of practice after the ironton game was amazing. I expect the blue devils best effort so far this year.

May there be a little bit of rust. It will be interesting to see but think the blue devils will start dictating the style of play. Instead of adapting. Heard a lot of kids bruised up after the weekend of practice. As they went hard and physical. Heard a couple of the football players say they thought they were finally in basketball shape.

I could be wrong maybe they come out flat but I think they are ready to get rolling.

Think it will be interesting to see if coach Harrison coaches the style of game he is most comfortable coaching. Or if he turns the kids loose to play the style of play that they play best.

This team lacks of couple of things from a complete team. But if he will allow them to press and trap and play aggressive on defensive end. And move loveday to the high post on offense to open up the driving lanes. That opens up the offense and will change the way teams have to defend loveday. Then both ends feed each other.

The coach prefers more offensive sets and more of a match up defense. That is his style think Logan will open it up with them and it will be a lot of fun.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Gonna make the trip up 93 to catch the game tomorrow. this will be my first time seeing Logan this year. IMO Cassady is the best pure shooter I have seen in a long long time. HE DOES NOT MISS

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Reds Fan wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 pm Gonna make the trip up 93 to catch the game tomorrow. this will be my first time seeing Logan this year. IMO Cassady is the best pure shooter I have seen in a long long time. HE DOES NOT MISS
... safe travels Reds Fan ! Cassady is Mr Automatic ! I can just about pencil Layton in for 3 triples and be right on most nights LOL ... he's definitely a shooter that opposing teams better find or he will spot up & light them up ... should be a good one tomorrow night !

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:26 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 pm Gonna make the trip up 93 to catch the game tomorrow. this will be my first time seeing Logan this year. IMO Cassady is the best pure shooter I have seen in a long long time. HE DOES NOT MISS
... safe travels Reds Fan ! Cassady is Mr Automatic ! I can just about pencil Layton in for 3 triples and be right on most nights LOL ... he's definitely a shooter that opposing teams better find or he will spot up & light them up ... should be a good one tomorrow night !
Thanks! I played against him when he was a junior and a sophomore and it seemed like no matter how much room you gave him or if you had a hand in his face he still would make the shot lol

bluefan1
Waterboy

Post by bluefan1 »

Heard earlier in the week starter Cory Call will be on the bench due to injury. The Blue Devils will miss him in this game I’m afraid.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Blue Devils haven't played in quite a while and that could be a factor in the outcome. Of course playing at Logan will be tough enough as it is. The winner should be a solid #1 in pfloyd's Elite 8, although I think Wheelersburg is a team to watch. I've seen the Pirates twice and they are really good. I still think when they are at their best, Gallia is no worse than a regional team and possibly a Final 4 squad.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Ready to get to Jim’s Gym and see this one tonight! I will be sitting front row to take in the action and watch all the games. Excited to see how they match up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

JV & Varsity only tonight ... JV tips off at 6pm

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Thanks for the heads up pfloyd. I would have been there at 5. 🤣

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Chief02 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:51 pm Thanks for the heads up pfloyd. I would have been there at 5. 🤣
So I can enjoy this steak and not rush it down. I

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Will this game be on radio/ internet?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

A a $$ kicking !

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Logan (50) - (34) Gallia Academy @ 5:00 4th qtr

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Logan (60) - (42) Gallia Academy -- Final

Post by bluefan1 »

Whoever scheduled the blue devils to be off for two weeks screwed up. They needed to have a game before this one. They looked terrible tonight.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Logan much better basketball players better team. Blue devils aren’t a very good team right now. They need to make some changes before the tourney. Or they may not make it out of the sectional.

Really impressed by Logan.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

They are going to look horrible until they make changes. Not necessarily in players but in styles. Thing is coach Harrison is stubborn and they probably can come close to Winning our in regular season with his style if they are healthy.

The problem is. Every team is going to put 3 or 4 kids on loveday. They either need kids to step up and make them pay for this or quit running offense through loveday.

Thing is you got 10 or 11 kids you can rotate and not lose much if you extend the defense and press. If you have watched these seniors as freshman and sophomores the jv teams pressed for 4 quarters or until they put you away. You would have fresh kids all the time. Loveday can play both ends of the press and opening up the defense will open up more opportunities for loveday.

You have lost 3 games and all 3 games you waited way to late to change styles.

For my friends who are blue devil fans I understand your first 5 have the best basketball skills to run your base offense and defense and when you rotate in those next 5 yes you are going to turn the ball over more.

But most teams are not going to have the depth or ball handlers to stay with you. Because man you start running those kids out there in waves where they only have to go flat out 2 or 3 minutes at a time. You are just better that way... time for coach Harrison to just go for it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”