12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: 12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

Post by Truth&fiction »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:04 pm Something to think about Logan has a fine team and good team for southeastern ! But a good Avg. Team up north !
Logan has one of the best team in SEO . They are D1 competing against schools twice their size up NORTH . They beat a very good D2 Gallia team at every phase of the game . Does that make Gallia a good average team down South ?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Getting beat by IRONTON at this time JMO Yes! Just speak the truth!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

A team is alway better on their home court and Logan beat GAHS by 18 points on their home court. Gallia missed 9 foul shots and Call didn’t play who I believe is their biggest scoring threat besides Loveday and Henry for GALlIA was playing on a bad ankle who was a game time decision to even play against Logan plus not playing for 2 weeks really hurt Gallia not taking any thing away from Logan because Logan is very good team. I would love to see them play again later in the season on a neutral court when Gallia is at full strenght and has a few more games under their belt.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

SEOAL74 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm A team is alway better on their home court and Logan beat GAHS by 18 points on their home court. Gallia missed 9 foul shots and Call didn’t play who I believe is their biggest scoring threat besides Loveday and Henry for GALlIA was playing on a bad ankle who was a game time decision to even play against Logan plus not playing for 2 weeks really hurt Gallia not taking any thing away from Logan because Logan is very good team. I would love to see them play again later in the season on a neutral court when Gallia is at full strenght and has a few more games under their belt.
I would have liked to seen a Home and Home between the two . It would have benefitted both teams . It would have happened if there was a SEOAL but some found greener pasture. Good luck to your Blue Devils .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SEOAL74 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm A team is alway better on their home court and Logan beat GAHS by 18 points on their home court. Gallia missed 9 foul shots and Call didn’t play who I believe is their biggest scoring threat besides Loveday and Henry for GALlIA was playing on a bad ankle who was a game time decision to even play against Logan plus not playing for 2 weeks really hurt Gallia not taking any thing away from Logan because Logan is very good team. I would love to see them play again later in the season on a neutral court when Gallia is at full strenght and has a few more games under their belt.
... you'll get no argument from me SEOAL74 ... I WOULD LOVE to see a "round 2" matchup with BOTH school at full strength - Logan was missing their 6th man Landon Little ... didn't suit up , one of if not THE best defender on the team for Logan ... an end of January or early February game between these 2 would have been perfect anyway you look at it ... not to be ... I will definitely see Gallia AGAIN this season! I WANT to see what the Gallia Academy squad looks like with everyone playing AND no long layoff ...

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:12 pm
... you'll get no argument from me SEOAL74 ... I WOULD LOVE to see a "round 2" matchup with BOTH school at full strength - Logan was missing their 6th man Landon Little ... didn't suit up , one of if not THE best defender on the team for Logan ... an end of January or early February game between these 2 would have been perfect anyway you look at it ... not to be ... I will definitely see Gallia AGAIN this season! I WANT to see what the Gallia Academy squad looks like with everyone playing AND no long layoff ...
I love Basketball and I love good teams playing each other like Logan and Gallia. I think Playing later in season would be a great game for both teams to have played, but we know that ain't happening. I really thought Logan was someone Gallia needed to play more than once because it's teams like Logan that will help you get better and to see where you are at and to make the adjustments you need to make to make you better and I believe it would benefit Logan as well.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Logan was missing there first off the bench ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:24 pm Logan was missing there first off the bench ?
Yes. 6th man Landon Little didn't play.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

As long as Gallia keeps running the offense they are with Loveday, I think they will not be able to fully capitalize on what they have. Just my little opinion.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:07 pm As long as Gallia keeps running the offense they are with Loveday, I think they will not be able to fully capitalize on what they have. Just my little opinion.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Gallia can change their offense but they will need to handle the pressure on the guards out front. I heard Logan was without their first off the bench . He's a good defender . He would most likely be a starter for Gallia . Logan was up 20+ in third and they backed off IMO. Like I said Gallia is a good team . Logan is a lot better .

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:47 am Gallia can change their offense but they will need to handle the pressure on the guards out front. I heard Logan was without their first off the bench . He's a good defender . He would most likely be a starter for Gallia . Logan was up 20+ in third and they backed off IMO. Like I said Gallia is a good team . Logan is a lot better .
Logan back off are you kidding me! Gallia missed 9 fouls The best scorer besides Loveday didn't play one of their starters was playing on a bad ankle was a game time decision to even play he was only about 60 % and Logan had played 2 games the week before and Gallia hadn't played for two weeks. What about the kid for Logan getting 30 points that's half of their points if he wasn't shooting the 3 like he was would Logan have even won the game. I would love to see them play again when Gallia at full strength and the guy for Logan their 6th man wouldn't have made much difference in the outcome because Gallia was simply already out of sink anyway!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am
Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:47 am Gallia can change their offense but they will need to handle the pressure on the guards out front. I heard Logan was without their first off the bench . He's a good defender . He would most likely be a starter for Gallia . Logan was up 20+ in third and they backed off IMO. Like I said Gallia is a good team . Logan is a lot better .
Logan back off are you kidding me! Gallia missed 9 fouls The best scorer besides Loveday didn't play one of their starters was playing on a bad ankle was a game time decision to even play he was only about 60 % and Logan had played 2 games the week before and Gallia hadn't played for two weeks. What about the kid for Logan getting 30 points that's half of their points if he wasn't shooting the 3 like he was would Logan have even won the game. I would love to see them play again when Gallia at full strength and the guy for Logan their 6th man wouldn't have made much difference in the outcome because Gallia was simply already out of sink anyway!
Logan is a very good team but to put Gallia down and act like Gallia was just way over match that Logan back off is crazy.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am
Logan is a very good team but to put Gallia down and act like Gallia was just way over match that Logan back off is crazy. When any team is not at full strength they are not going to look as good Call is one of Gallia best players and all around player who would have guarded the Myers kid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”