Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #4

peake71
All Conference

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #4

Post by peake71 »

As I always say pfloyd I am just one of the many who put on a lot of time and effort to makevThe Beasts work. Coach Davis, our ChairmanTom Ross and all the volunteers that do anything from greeting, taking the money, working the raffle, concession stand and the parents and community. I am proud to be a part of this effort to support The Peake and high school basketball.
The major part of this is to provide scholarships to the kids both players and non athletes. I believe I am correct that we have given our $30,000 since this was started.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Reds Fan wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:41 pm I have never been to Chesapeake's high school. seems like good slate of games. I haven't seen coal grove or waverly yet this season so I'll try and make it to couple games.
... Reds Fan - anytime you the fan can sit in the same Cheap Seat location and have ALL of these games/10 teams play out without you/myself driving to a different venue - it's a win as a hoops fan LOL ... great day of hoops AND many SEOPs posters ARE in attendance - a nice Portsmouth contingent led by trojandave & biggdowgg usually are there most of the day ... peake71 is part of the outstanding organizing committee so he is there running the show all day ... seops posters/readers that follow each of the schools are in attendance - I have had the pleasure to meet many of the parents/hoops fans from all over SEO as they will come up and introduce themselves and talk some hoops good stuff in my book ... I've met some great coaches from the participating teams ... some of the assistant coaches on the participating teams were PLAYERS in the Beasts of the Southeast ie Coach Evan Salyers for Fairland was an outstanding big man in the middle for the Dragons of Fairland to name just one ... great day of hoops all around ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 pm As I always say pfloyd I am just one of the many who put on a lot of time and effort to makevThe Beasts work. Coach Davis, our ChairmanTom Ross and all the volunteers that do anything from greeting, taking the money, working the raffle, concession stand and the parents and community. I am proud to be a part of this effort to support The Peake and high school basketball.
The major part of this is to provide scholarships to the kids both players and non athletes. I believe I am correct that we have given our $30,000 since this was started.
... peake71 I totally know of and see the results of the efforts of all of those involved - no easy task to coordinate all of the peoples and resources. It just happens that you folks at Chesapeake do it WELL and with CLASS ... it isn't just about getting money out of peoples hands - you folks have made myself, my wife Mrs Pfloyd feel at home every time we have attended ... the games are great to watch BUT it's the people as yourself and the volunteers who make me WANT to drive a couple hours each way - it's all about the people my friend ... the Chesapeake family is second to none ...

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:06 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:55 pm ... 1 week away from the Beasts of the Southeast ! Chesapeake High School ... 5 games starting at high noon Saturday 1/12 !!!

12:00 .........Jackson vs Fairland
2:00 ...........Eastern Brown vs Minford
4:00 ...........Trimble vs Coal Grove
6:00 ...........The Peake vs North Adam's
8:00 ...........Alexander vs Waverly

... all for one price ! great day of hoops ... as a SEOPs poster - it's a must attend get together of outstanding teams & matchups !
It is always on a day when we play, so I hate missing a dope day of hoops like that. Those are good matchups throughout the day!
... AND the folks at Chesapeake treat you right at CHS ... peake71 & his staff of organizers do an outstanding job of taking care of the TEAMS & Coaches who participate ... you'd love the day of hoops daniC AND the 'peake has THE BEST Hospitality Room/Food spread this side of the Ohio & Mississippi Rivers !!! full menu of homemade meals /desserts ... I graze in there all day long ! as Coach Ryan has the games spaced where there is plenty of time to "eat before & after" EVERY game LOL ... as I posted it is one of THE MUST go to "in season tournaments" Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - outstanding hoops & people in Panther Land ...
Looks like a great lineup and may even be one that I may be able to attend, looking for you in the cheap seats. One of my few free Saturdays, PF.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sheridan went down again tonight

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:30 pm Sheridan went down again tonight
Surprised FU beat them

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My top 8 or so after tonight

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chillicothe

4. Jackson
5. Gallia Academy
6. McClain
7. Zane Trace
8. Athens

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 pm My top 8 or so after tonight

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chillicothe

4. Jackson
5. Gallia Academy
6. McClain
7. Zane Trace
8. Athens
Call me crazy but I like Chillicothe over Burg

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 pm

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chillicothe

4. Jackson
5. Gallia Academy
6. McClain
7. Zane Trace
8. Athens
Call me crazy but I like Chillicothe over Burg
Not crazy at all, just giving Burg the undefeated and doing it convincingly credit.

The way Noel is playing at a big 6’8 and how good 6’5 Maughmer is and everyone else in the rotation is doing what they are supposed to do. Nightmare matchup.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chillicothe

4. Jackson
5. Gallia Academy
6. McClain
7. Zane Trace
8. Athens
Where do you have Sheridan and Warren?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm

1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Chillicothe

4. Jackson
5. Gallia Academy
6. McClain
7. Zane Trace
8. Athens
Where do you have Sheridan and Warren?
9 for Sheridan and Warren close behind at 11

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Big weekend for Fairfield Union with wins over Amanda and Sheridan. Senior PG Evan Conley had 23 against the Aces and 24 tonight against the Generals. Conley would have my vote right now for MSL-Buckeye Player of the Year. Just as big for the Falcons is getting some balance with Chase Poston contributing 16 points and Huston Harrah adding 12.

I was surprised by how Unioto defeated Fairfield Union last weekend, but the Falcons have responded in a big way with a couple of solid wins. Should be an exciting last five weeks of MSL play with how much parity there is between the top 5-6 teams in the league.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:32 pm
I was surprised by how Unioto defeated Fairfield Union last weekend, but the Falcons have responded in a big way with a couple of solid wins. Should be an exciting last five weeks of MSL play with how much parity there is between the top 5-6 teams in the league.
If you would’ve only seen how we played the night before in Jackson, then you would’ve been more than just surprised.

Fairfield Union is an outstanding team, I had no doubt that they would bounce back after Saturday, but this might have been a bit quicker than I expected. Very impressive weekend.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern Pike making a strong case to sneak in top 8,three game week coming up vs SValley, East and take on Africentric Saturday as they continue to challenge themselves out of conference..was shocked and Happy to see Africentric agree to play at Eastern,good test for the Eagles

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I thought the better TEAM won the FU vs Sheridan game tonight ... FU is so disciplined on offense and Coach Eversole has 5 solid offensive weapons in his starters ... Sheridan ? Heller and Heileman are the real deal for sure but both can be defended as FU showed in the 2nd half tonight ... I won't make a statement as to who is the best team in the Logan D2 Sectional until after I see Warren vs Athens next Friday night at the WarriorDome - I haven't seen Warren yet this season ! THAT is unheard of in my book - I usually have seen Coach Maddox and the boyz at least once by now - the cards haven't been right for getting there and they have been playing teams that aren't in the SE District ... Warren vs Athens fits my travel criteria LOL ...

... Next Tuesday night I will be at South Webster to see the Jeeps entertain Wheelersburg, then to Warren on Friday for Warren vs Athens before traveling to Chesapeake on Saturday for the 5 games of the Beasts of the SouthEast - Fairland, Waverly, Chesapeake, Alexander, Eastern Brown, Minford, Coal Grove, North Adams, Trimble, Jackson ... Trimble/Fairland/Eastern Brown/Minford/North Adams all first time eyes on this year while it will be good to see Alexander for the 3rd time, Coal Grove a 2nd time, Waverly a 3rd time this season ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

another busy week ahead for you pfloyd, wish I could make it back for Beast, Im struggling trying to find a way back to see the Trojans

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SAT SCORES: 1/6

NY - 68
Tree of life - 72

Miller - 47
GCC - 72

Southern - 71
Heartland - 49

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That FU win over Sheridan should help Unioto move up a bit

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 pm That FU win over Sheridan should help Unioto move up a bit
Someone else too

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:46 pm That FU win over Sheridan should help Unioto move up a bit
Someone else too
You guys are high enough 😀

Return to “Boys Basketball”