Post by mattash »

Huge game, thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 1/29 Logan v Chillicothe

Post by pfloyd »

#1 vs #3 ... Logan vs Chillicothe at the Hat in Chillicothe ... Chillicothe has played the Chiefs as close as anyone thus far losing at Jim's Gym in Logan 50-56 in Round #1 ... Coach Huffer had just scrapped the new offensive scheme put in place for this season after dropping games to Zanes Trace and Washington CH (I believe both were on the road) ... going back to their "old familiar" offense - made everyone more comfortable, more attacking offense where everyone gets touches in the offensive scheme ... touches in the right places on the floor for Brandon Noel, Jayvon Maughmer, Tre' Beard with the extended benefit of getting offensive output from Chris Postage,Christian Benson & of late Vincent Roper ... the CHS bench has gotten longer ... the Cavs have continued to play the solid D while now getting it done offensively ... Logan has not stood still since the last Chillicothe game! as the Chief's bench has gotten deeper as well - adding playing time for Tegan Myers/6-6 Justin Wolfe and Landon Little is back from injury ... the Chiefs are comfortable going 8 deep but in crunch time, in the BIG game expect to see Bo Myers and his 26ppg, Coby Bell, Caleb Bell, Wes Brooks, Layton Cassady ... the senior laden Purple are turning the ball over less than 7 times a game in the last 5 outings ... while playing the best defense of the season since starting the January Road Trip part of the schedule ... 7 wins in a row, 5 straight on the road ... put it all together and you have a GREAT GAME at the Hat on Tuesday 1/29 ! #1 vs #3 ... Logan vs Chillicothe ... Bo Myers vs Jayvon Maughmer ... Layton Cassady vs Tre' Beard ... Brandon Noel vs Bo Myers ... Coby Bell vs Jayvon Maughmer ... going to be a great game to watch from the Cheap Seats ! ... planning to get there early so I have the best of the Cheap Seats !!! ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You better get there early Pfloyd. The place will be packed. There will probably be 3 games. I know last year I went when they played Harvest Prep,and they played 3 games. I know Logan will travel well, where as HP had mayby 25-30 fans.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m taking Chillicothe

Chillicothe 56
Logan 48

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Some definite weather worries though

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This seems like it will be a good game! Chillicothe is a much much improved team since the last time the Chieftains saw them. Although, the last time they played, Bo Myers was so sick he hardly had any energy (but that's part of the season) and Coby Bell (I believe) was a little banged up in that one too.

Chillicothe much improved since their last meeting, but Logan is as well. The Chiefs are playing shut down defense, taking care of the ball (next to no turnovers) and get solid performances from numerous guys.

Should be a good one tomorrow night!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Outside of it getting bitter cold throughout tomorrow, I believe that this one will get played.

Both teams have made great improvements throughout the season. A healthy Bo Myers may throw off the Chillicothe Radio crew, which I would enjoy greatly. However, I am pulling for the hometown team to split the season series.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Logan by 10.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Chillicothe 68-64 in OT!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Logan by 2

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Logan by 5

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Bo have the flu in the 1st game?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:13 pm Didn't Bo have the flu in the 1st game?
Yeah he did.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

Logan by 8.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I am starting to disagree with Huffers offense and coaching style.
I understand that Noel can stroke the long ball. He is probably more confident in shooting the 3 than he is posting up i get it. But i don't understand how someone 6'7" who has excellent post moves and feet does not AT LEAST work through the post more. Our offense is embarrassing with the amount of fire power it has. I went to the UA game was shocked at how we run this 'hoosiers' style offense where its all about touches and often ends up in a three from someone. Get NOEL DOWN LOW more.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m also taking Chillicothe in this one.

Chillicothe 59
Logan 51

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Should be a good and entertaining game . 2 elite teams going head to head . Logan took the first at home . The Cavs tough at home . SAFE TRAVEL EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK TO THE PURPLE GANG !!!!!

mohawks12
Waterboy

Post by mohawks12 »

I've got Chillicothe 65-61 in OT

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

mohawks12 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:45 pm I've got Chillicothe 65-61 in OT
I do not think the Cavs will score that much . Logan D held Pick North to low 40 points and that was with the subs in the last 1:30. I agree it will be or should be a close game . One of those games that's good for both teams . High school basketball in SEO at it's best. Enjoy the GAME ! I will!!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am I am starting to disagree with Huffers offense and coaching style.
I understand that Noel can stroke the long ball. He is probably more confident in shooting the 3 than he is posting up i get it. But i don't understand how someone 6'7" who has excellent post moves and feet does not AT LEAST work through the post more. Our offense is embarrassing with the amount of fire power it has. I went to the UA game was shocked at how we run this 'hoosiers' style offense where its all about touches and often ends up in a three from someone. Get NOEL DOWN LOW more.
Watching that UA game it was obvious that Chillicothe was trying to be deliberate. As they should have. They wanted no part of running with that team. UA had skill everywhere.

Return to “Boys Basketball”