DIII - Jackson

Travel_ball
Waterboy

Re: DIII - Jackson

Post by Travel_ball »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm Wheelersburg And Fairland are better than Adena.

Eastern and Adena would be a toss up.

Adena is better than the others. I’ve been fortunate to see these teams this year. Ironton would scare me if I was an Adena fan much more than Oak hill or Alex

There’s no way Chesapeake is better than Adena.
Eastern is ahead of Adena imo!!

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:28 pm
DKing wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:09 pm Just curious how you can put Fairland ahead of Eastern when Eastern beat them on a neutral court. Can’t even claim home cooking or anything like that.
I assume that your question is directed at LucasDavenport. But I'll give some things to support the argument for Fairland over Eastern.
  • Game was early in the season, by 2 pts in OT. Fairland plays a much tougher schedule. Fairland has more quality wins.
I'm not saying I would or wouldn't, at this point, put Fairland ahead of Eastern. But I think you could argue for Fairland ahead of Eastern with those points.
You're right the game was played earlier in the season and Eastern is playing alot better than they were at the start of the season. Last nights game was a great showing for the Eagles and it was by far the best team ball game I've watched this group play. When you have four players that can score double figures every game you're gonna be hard to beat.

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

It is my opinion that you Eastern fans are taking that Africentric win for more than it’s worth. That Africentric team is just a so-so team. Africentric beat Huntington (WV) 58-54. Fairland beat Huntington (WV) 60-31. Ironton also beat Huntington (WV) 64-53. Fairland has beaten Ironton twice.

I’m glad Eastern won but it is not the win people on this site are making it out to be.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m going to be honest, I’m surprised Eastern won last night. But my question now is .... “Who in Division III has a better win than Eastern’s win over Africentric?”

I’m asking because I don’t know everybody’s schedule?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sidethrower wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 am It is my opinion that you Eastern fans are taking that Africentric win for more than it’s worth. That Africentric team is just a so-so team. Africentric beat Huntington (WV) 58-54. Fairland beat Huntington (WV) 60-31. Ironton also beat Huntington (WV) 64-53. Fairland has beaten Ironton twice.

I’m glad Eastern won but it is not the win people on this site are making it out to be.
I've been waiting for someone else to mention this, because this is where I sit at on the Eagles win. It's a good win and keeps the winning streak in tact but I think people are giving more credit to them based on the team name they beat rather than the team itself. Don't get me wrong glad to see them win but to win as easily as they did has to show you this Africentric team isn't on par with teams in years past. Good win but time to move on this hopefully just keeps preparing the Eagles as we inch ever so close to tourney time.

DKing
Waterboy

Post by DKing »

I agree that they are not the same team as ones in the past. The first hurdle you have to get over is the name. If you let the name intimidate you then you are fighting to win the entire game. Good win for the Eagles. Comparing common opponents, Eastern beat Fairland. Next to Wheelersburg, who can say they have won 17 games in a row?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Jackson sectional is going to have some hard fought games for sure.

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

DKing wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm I agree that they are not the same team as ones in the past. The first hurdle you have to get over is the name. If you let the name intimidate you then you are fighting to win the entire game. Good win for the Eagles. Comparing common opponents, Eastern beat Fairland. Next to Wheelersburg, who can say they have won 17 games in a row?
What other division 3 school can say they play in the small school division of the SOC?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Sidethrower wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:55 pm
DKing wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm I agree that they are not the same team as ones in the past. The first hurdle you have to get over is the name. If you let the name intimidate you then you are fighting to win the entire game. Good win for the Eagles. Comparing common opponents, Eastern beat Fairland. Next to Wheelersburg, who can say they have won 17 games in a row?
What other division 3 school can say they play in the small school division of the SOC?
A very good Western team..

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

Oh that’s right...forgot about Western

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Sidethrower wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:01 pm Oh that’s right...forgot about Western
Northwest Mohowks

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Sidethrower wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:01 pm Oh that’s right...forgot about Western
Northwest Mohawks

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 pm
Northwest Mohawks
Northwest plays in the big school division of the SOC.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TTT

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Sidethrower wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:01 am
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 pm
Northwest Mohawks
Northwest plays in the big school division of the SOC.
Your right my bad I was thinking football

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Obviously a Very tough sectional this year. Outside of Burg,I think every team will be challenged in sectional play.If seeds held, Eastern would play Peake, Fairland and Alexander would matchup and how about a Oak Hill/Ironton sectional final! All have to take care of of there semifinals first but,this sectional is gonna be great for all fans.

Return to “Boys Basketball”