MVL

All-Ohio
Waterboy

MVL

Post by All-Ohio »

Saw that Crooksville, 0-12 team from the MVL, defeated #8 state ranked Trimble team last week (at Trimble)?
Maybe MVL is a little better than we think?

HamPorter
All Conference

Re: MVL

Post by HamPorter »

Who doesn’t think the MVL is good? Lol

They had a state championship team recently and every once in a while, Crooksville will end up at the Convo despite always being a lower seed.

But, Trimble isn’t nearly as good as they were last year. That’s a good win for sure, but it isn’t what the AP poll would make you think it was.

All-Ohio
Waterboy

Post by All-Ohio »

Mainly Pinkfloyd, but some others tend to unfairly ridicule the MVL based on their very limited knowledge of the league since only 3 of the MVL teams are in the SE District: Crooksville, New Lexington, & Sheridan

Crooksville annually wins as many tournament games as they win in the MVL. Despite getting a lower than deserved seed every year. This year they are 0-12 MVL, but 5-12 overall after the win at #8 Trimble. I may be mistaken, but the MVL is made up of 10 schools...mostly Division I & II's. Crooksville being the only really small school (Div IV). I believe most of the other SE teams play a lot more Div III & IV opponents than MVL teams do.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

All-Ohio wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:14 pm Mainly Pinkfloyd, but some others tend to unfairly ridicule the MVL based on their very limited knowledge of the league since only 3 of the MVL teams are in the SE District: Crooksville, New Lexington, & Sheridan

Crooksville annually wins as many tournament games as they win in the MVL. Despite getting a lower than deserved seed every year. This year they are 0-12 MVL, but 5-12 overall after the win at #8 Trimble. I may be mistaken, but the MVL is made up of 10 schools...mostly Division I & II's. Crooksville being the only really small school (Div IV). I believe most of the other SE teams play a lot more Div III & IV opponents than MVL teams do.
There are two teams every hates playing in the tournament. It’s Crooksville and South Webster. They play brutal schedules

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

All-Ohio wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:14 pm Mainly Pinkfloyd, but some others tend to unfairly ridicule the MVL based on their very limited knowledge of the league since only 3 of the MVL teams are in the SE District: Crooksville, New Lexington, & Sheridan

Crooksville is D3. Tri-Valley is D1. Everyone else is D2.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

W. Muskingum is D-3 I believe

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Crooksville has played the season without 2 of their best players(including their best and one of the top players in the league in Caden Miller). Unfortunately, Miller is out for the entire season due to a football injury. The other player,Eric Taylor is a 6'5 burly post player with great touch around the hoop and is supposed to be back at some point.

The MVL is down this season compared to the past 4-5 but that's mainly because it was probably the best it has ever been during those years. However, I don't see anyone making a substantial run in the playoffs this season. John Glenn has a great defense that will allow them to hang with anyone but they have a tough time scoring. Tri-Valley is in the D-1 Central District and will probably lose their first game. Sheridan is the one that could go on a nice run but they always seem to disappear in tough games but with a player like Ethan Heller, they have a chance to win every game and have a real shot of getting to the convo and beyond.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Maybe with the mvl going to a big school small school division here in a few years,Crooksville may come into the tournament draw with a better overall record, maybe no more Tri-Valley twice and Sheridan twice and John Glenn twice on there schedule, that's probably 6 losses about every basketball season for them

Return to “Boys Basketball”