SVC POY

mlittle
SEOP

Re: SVC POY

Post by mlittle »

warrior1 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am
Big Bob wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am McCloskey gets my vote, and here is the reason why:

Both rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories in 5 areas. Evans' teammates rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories 11 times, McCloskey's teammates 1.

Now, I realize Evans shouldn't be penalized because he has better teammates, but ZT without Evans is still a .500 team at least. Imagine Huntington with McCloskey!
McCloskey scored 3 points last night vs. Northwest.

Cam Evans gets my vote. This shouldn't even be close.
I agree. Evans has pulled away. If McCloskey would have had a strong close to the season I think he could have gotten it just based on how the league votes but this is Evans award.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm
Big Bob wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am McCloskey gets my vote, and here is the reason why:

Both rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories in 5 areas. Evans' teammates rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories 11 times, McCloskey's teammates 1.

Now, I realize Evans shouldn't be penalized because he has better teammates, but ZT without Evans is still a .500 team at least. Imagine Huntington with McCloskey!

I agree. Evans has pulled away. If McCloskey would have had a strong close to the season I think he could have gotten it just based on how the league votes but this is Evans award.
Seems like this topic has drifted away.... Cam Evans had 22 points against top notch quality fast guards vs Gahanna Lincoln on Saturday night & put up 32 points last night. I think the Blanton young man from Piketon is averaging the same as McClosky which is around 19 points a game. Cam is now around 25.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Spartan12 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 am

Seems like this topic has drifted away.... Cam Evans had 22 points against top notch quality fast guards vs Gahanna Lincoln on Saturday night & put up 32 points last night. I think the Blanton young man from Piketon is averaging the same as McClosky which is around 19 points a game. Cam is now around 25.
I think it’s drifted away because everyone realizes at this point it’s a one horse race

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 am

I think it’s drifted away because everyone realizes at this point it’s a one horse race
At this point I’m more interested in who’s gonna fill the all league spots

Kidbuckeye
Waterboy

Post by Kidbuckeye »

I think Cam Evans is a no brainer. Stats don’t lie. And considering their non league schedule, its easy. However, my second choice is Zack Fout of Adena. Around 18 ppg for a team that can potentially be your league champs. Offensively, there is not a stronger player in the league.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Kidbuckeye wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 pm I think Cam Evans is a no brainer. Stats don’t lie. And considering their non league schedule, its easy. However, my second choice is Zack Fout of Adena. Around 18 ppg for a team that can potentially be your league champs. Offensively, there is not a stronger player in the league.
I like the Fout kid a lot and he was my ore season number 1, but he is actually 4th in the league in scoring which means there are 3 players in the league offensively who are stronger. Stats don’t lie

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Evans is my POY

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

It should be best player in the league. It has turned into best player on best team. Many years that kid is on best team, but not always the case. Last year was a great example. Perdue kid from Piketon should have won it but didn’t get a sniff. Unioto recent dominance has also been a factor as we all know the principals that run this league seem to be terrified of the U for whatever reason. Maybe things will change in the future but I doubt it. This year Evans will win as he should.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Huh?! The high school principals are scared of Unioto, so Swackhammer won Co-POY last year? Even though the principals have literally nothing to do with the voting? I’ve heard some anti-Unioto stuff on here before and some, if not most, makes sense...but, this one doesn’t.

Last year’s player of the year race came down to Perdue, Swackhammer, and Swingle. The greatest winner in SVC History, along with being 3rd in scoring, and league leader in assists and steals, was voted as one of the players of the year. While, the other player of the year is the leading scorer in SVC History.

Yeah Perdue had a great year, but to act like the other two were pushovers is really insulting to people who know basketball. I’m sure it didn’t help Perdue that the coaches had only seen him for a year, just being honest, but I wouldn’t have minded if he was up there with the other 2 as well. Also, Eric Caudill won the award in 1992 after coming to Piketon for only a year while the (former) all time leading scorer was also in the league. So, for a one year player to win it has happened before, but you’ve gotta be a transcendent talent like Caudill was.

However, to act like it is some great conspiracy against the village of Piketon is absolutely laughable.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

That being said, Cam Evans wins.

Zach Fout, Elijah McCloskey, and Alex Blanton are locks for first team. Probably Nesser or Newland for the 5th spot.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:19 pm That being said, Cam Evans wins.

Zach Fout, Elijah McCloskey, and Alex Blanton are locks for first team. Probably Nesser or Newland for the 5th spot.
I agree. I think the race for that 5th spot will be tight. Both deserving

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

The Evans kid is as advertised! Hands down POY! Kid is very smooth!

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:18 pm Huh?! The high school principals are scared of Unioto, so Swackhammer won Co-POY last year? Even though the principals have literally nothing to do with the voting? I’ve heard some anti-Unioto stuff on here before and some, if not most, makes sense...but, this one doesn’t.

Last year’s player of the year race came down to Perdue, Swackhammer, and Swingle. The greatest winner in SVC History, along with being 3rd in scoring, and league leader in assists and steals, was voted as one of the players of the year. While, the other player of the year is the leading scorer in SVC History.

Yeah Perdue had a great year, but to act like the other two were pushovers is really insulting to people who know basketball. I’m sure it didn’t help Perdue that the coaches had only seen him for a year, just being honest, but I wouldn’t have minded if he was up there with the other 2 as well. Also, Eric Caudill won the award in 1992 after coming to Piketon for only a year while the (former) all time leading scorer was also in the league. So, for a one year player to win it has happened before, but you’ve gotta be a transcendent talent like Caudill was.

However, to act like it is some great conspiracy against the village of Piketon is absolutely laughable.

Just one persons observation, don’t get your panties in a bunch. It is player of the year, not a body of work of multiple years. Time in league should be insignificant.

No conspiracy theory against Piketon that I know of, I am not from there so I can’t speak for them. Just my view of last year. Swackhammer was very deserving, as was Swingle. Every year there will be debate. Enjoy your evening, it’s just a kids game.

svcbuck
Waterboy

Post by svcbuck »

Garrison is a top 10 player in the league without a doubt.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

svcbuck wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:26 pm Garrison is a top 10 player in the league without a doubt.
Yes he is. Really unfortunate injury for him. He’s a great kid with a bright future.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Top 15 for sure

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

I think Fout should be on the first team and Bennett on the second team. Garrison should get consideration for the third team even with his injury. I just believe Adena and of course ZT should get 3-4 players on the first three teams. It is important to recognize these great players that took their teams to a higher level in our league. Again, no matter what happens this final week Mr. Cam Evans has won the SVC POY IMO. Hands down. Nothing official but my opinion.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

warrior1 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:05 pm I think Fout should be on the first team and Bennett on the second team. Garrison should get consideration for the third team even with his injury. I just believe Adena and of course ZT should get 3-4 players on the first three teams. It is important to recognize these great players that took their teams to a higher level in our league. Again, no matter what happens this final week Mr. Cam Evans has won the SVC POY IMO. Hands down. Nothing official but my opinion.
I agree and I think they will. I think

Fout
Bennett
Garrison

Evans
Nesser
Swain

All get all league honors

svcbuck
Waterboy

Post by svcbuck »

Evans- POY
McClosky
Fout
Blanton
Bennett/Nesser depends on the outcome of seaeson

Bennett/Nesser depends on outcome of season
Newland
Swain
Garrison
Little

Ruby
Davidson
Grubb
Sykes
Lightle/ McKee

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m gonna give it my best shot for all 3 teams

1st

Evans (POY)
Fout
Mcclosky
Blanton
Newland

2nd

Nesser
Bennett
Little
Swain
Ruby

3rd team

Garrison
Grubb
Wyman
Davidson
Lightle

My list is a combination of who I think are the best players, but also how the league will vote. Some politics on making sure every team gets a piece. There are a few kids above I personally wouldn’t have on my own list but I put them on here because of how the league typically votes.

Return to “Boys Basketball”