Convo: 3/2 3PM Ironton (5) vs Adena (1)

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: 3/2 -Ironton (5) vs Adena (1) at Convo 3:00 pm

Post by burgfella69 »

Ironton really impressed me against Oak Hill. When they're hyped up to play, they really get after it. I look for them to roll Adena and then win the district title. Sets up Harvest Prep vs Ironton, a matchup I want to see. Ironton's athletes can definitely match up and give them a game. Getting ahead of myself, I know, but Ironton needs to have their guys score some more points. I noticed Ethan Wilson missed a few bunnies in the Oak Hill game. Need to have other scoring options besides Large to make a big time tourney run, but Ironton has a fairly easy road with Adena not looking that impressive against Portsmouth and the next highest seed being a 6 in West Union. Good luck to the Tigers this week

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton 58
Adena 36

Watching SE Ohio basketball
warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

This Adena team will fight you until the end. I would feel much better if we had our PG Garrison. Looks like a lot of people are not giving my warriors much credit. I hope that they are wrong.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

warrior1 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:43 pm This Adena team will fight you until the end. I would feel much better if we had our PG Garrison. Looks like a lot of people are not giving my warriors much credit. I hope that they are wrong.
I haven't seen Adena this year, but from what I read, Garrison was the one who really made them go and his loss is severely missed. I think that is why Adena isn't getting much credit going into this game.

Matt77
Varsity

Re: Convo: 3/2 3PM Ironton (5) vs Adena (1)

Post by Matt77 »

I’ve seen Ironton play against Coal Grove twice now. The tigers are good. They’ll go as far as Large and Wilson can take them. It helps to have two expierence senior guards. I don’t see them having much trouble with Adena this game.

WhiteGoodman
Waterboy

Post by WhiteGoodman »

Ironton by around 15-20. Their defense and physicality will give the Warriors problems especially missing their point guard.

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

No one giving our warriors a chance!! :(

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

warrior1 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:16 pm No one giving our warriors a chance!! :(
Ironton isn’t that scary of a team. They just play great defense. If adena can have a guard that can handle the pressure, they will be able to stay in it. You have to have strong guards though. Since adena guard is out, it may be a tough task for the backup. No room for error against the Tigers.

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

Ironton should be ok because they play in good conference that prepares them for big games.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Adena’s backup guards are physically stronger than Garrison, but not as good as a ball handler than him. They do miss him a lot since he can create so much on the offensive end, and length and pressure on the defensive end. If the Warriors can shoot 50%+ from the field they will have a chance to win.That could be a very difficult thing to do against Ironton’s D and the shooting background that the Convo presents. Adena has the length to shoot over their zone and should have some chances for some offensive rebounds. The Warriors have been going 6-7 players deep since Garrison has been out compared to Ironton’s 10+. May be interesting to see if Adena plays a slow down half court game or not

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Netcutter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 pm Ironton should be ok because they play in good conference that prepares them for big games.
Yes SVC isn’t comparable but Adena won at Logan Elm and Hillsboro without one of their starters for most of the game. Was up on Greenfield in the last two minutes and tied with Court House with 1:30 left. Tied against Zane Trace at half in both games. They played 10 games against D II

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

sykesb2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm Adena’s backup guards are physically stronger than Garrison, but not as good as a ball handler than him. They do miss him a lot since he can create so much on the offensive end, and length and pressure on the defensive end. If the Warriors can shoot 50%+ from the field they will have a chance to win.That could be a very difficult thing to do against Ironton’s D and the shooting background that the Convo presents. Adena has the length to shoot over their zone and should have some chances for some offensive rebounds. The Warriors have been going 6-7 players deep since Garrison has been out compared to Ironton’s 10+. May be interesting to see if Adena plays a slow down half court game or not
Unless Adena can get Ironton in foul trouble, I will be very surprised that you will see Ironton playing Zone.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Ironton is the pick here but let's be honest. Adena is here for a reason folks. I don't think the Tigers will be looking past this game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Rosco wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:01 pm Ironton is the pick here but let's be honest. Adena is here for a reason folks. I don't think the Tigers will be looking past this game.
You coudn't have said it any better, every team had better bring it's "A" game each and every game at this stage. We have already seen quite a few upsets, and I'm sure there will be more to follow.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

Good luck Ironton

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Ironton has looked great as of Late. If they have continue to play at that pace give me the Tigers by 15

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Adena Warriors by 1.

Go Ross County! Go Warriors!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Luck OVC teams !

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I maybe way off on this but,I think Adena will compete very well in this game and may even win. Just a feeling.

Return to “Boys Basketball”