Re: Covo 3/1 6:15PM Waverly v Sheridan

Post by smurray »

Who cares about basketball right now...
PRAYERS! PRAYERS! PRAYERS!

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I hope someone from Jackson lets us know if the gentleman pulled through. My anxiety is through the roof.

Waverly was way outsized. Sheridan looked great!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Sheridan .moving on. Congrats to Waverly on a good season and best of luck to their seniors.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Sorry but those officials were god awful!! Apparently they decided that they would give Waverly a chance in the second half. And the Charge calls??? Some officials feel like if they call charges they are showing how they are the smartest person on the floor. Terrible. Thank god this game wasn’t close so the calls didn’t matter as much.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We got an update that the gentleman was resuscitated and stabilized at an area hospital. That is way better news than how things looked at the time. Someone else posted the possibility of a coma, that could very well be possible.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Hard to watch a season end that way. Waverly was never in the game. Sheridan played well. Sad to watch my kids high school career end. Have gotten tremendous enjoyment out of watching my kid play. God Bless to all and good luck if you are still in the tournament. Glad to hear the Jackson fan pulled through!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Waverly on a great season. Matchups can cause a lot of problems sometimes, other times it's just not in the cards to win that night.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Sheridan is Really good. Tough out in this tournament.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, congratulations to the Generals and prayers for the stricken fan's recovery.

Also thank you Waverly for another exciting season. They had ups and downs, unexpected wins and losses, but the effort always was there.

As to the game, would it be fair to compare it to Waverly's second loss to Wheelersburg?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sheridan is a really good squad and was just hitting on all cylinders in this one and Waverly was having an off night. It was going to take Waverly playing perfect to pull this one off. Great season for Waverly but the game went as I expected, Sheridan learned from last years game and applied it believe they said 5 turnovers in the 1st half for Sheridan was all.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

UKNate,

Your boy had a great career, he truly was a fun player to watch. If I ever said anything that seemed negative towards him I apologize, I assure you that wasn’t my intention.

From what I hear, you guys have plenty to be excited about with the upcoming track season. Would love to see him bring back a state medal to Waverly!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

General wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm Sorry but those officials were god awful!! Apparently they decided that they would give Waverly a chance in the second half. And the Charge calls??? Some officials feel like if they call charges they are showing how they are the smartest person on the floor. Terrible. Thank god this game wasn’t close so the calls didn’t matter as much.
Who cares?? Sheridan had the game in hand from start to finish and wasn't going to be denied even when Waverly pulled within a whopping 16 points in the 3rd, Sheridan put together a 6-0 run to combat that. Another person who complains after winning a game by 20, sheesh :roll: at least it's just the one comment.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Sheridan played a great game last night. They controlled almost every aspect of the game and made the shots they needed. I didn’t know they had so much height on that team!

Waverly, it was another fun and exciting season to watch this year. Thank you to our seniors for all you have done and the accomplishments you’ve earned! We’ll miss watching you guys come out and play for us. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yes, Sheridan played lights out even when the big man picked up his 2nd foul very early in the 1st Sheridan just had more guys step up and hit shots and really pulled away with him sitting on the bench.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Waverly on a great season.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

This was never a game...Tigers were dismantled by a very good basketball team. I’m rooting for the Ironmen in the next round.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:48 pm This was never a game...Tigers were dismantled by a very good basketball team. I’m rooting for the Ironmen in the next round.
oldschoolqb will be atop my preseason 2019-20 rankings of Waverly posters. Sorry Ukfanatic

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Waverly bows out again. Sheridan had this game early!
Coach Robertson needs to change his offense, and get out and running n gunning. It’s an exciting offense to use ala
Paul Westhead at Loyola-Marymount.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Sheridan was bigger and stronger at every position and athletic also. Not much you can do about that. Just a nightmare match-up for Waverly.

The Tigers did come out and play a nice second half. Congrats to the Waverly on another fine season and a team that was a blast to watch.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 pm Waverly bows out again. Sheridan had this game early!
Coach Robertson needs to change his offense, and get out and running n gunning. It’s an exciting offense to use ala
Paul Westhead at Loyola-Marymount.
With the personnel Waverly put on the floor this year, that style of offense was what worked best. Really the Tigers best offense was their defense. Creating turnovers and getting easy buckets was the MO. Besides Trey, the Tigers didn't have a huge outside threat. Marquez starting shooting well in the 2nd half of the season, but wouldn't consider him a dead eye. The Tigers relied on their athleticism and energy to win most games. I won't be surprised if there is a slight change in offensive scheme with the guys coming up, they will still play fast and create havoc. But I think they will have more true basketball players, if you will.

Return to “Boys Basketball”