Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Wk #1

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:01 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm Really nice list. I think Green will be way up from 61 when it's over and I don't think Northwest will finish last (Jan 11 v East could be battle of the bottoms)
Yeah, I missed Green. They’ll hit double digit wins in SOC small schools.
My feeling is federal Hocking will finish in the top 30 by year's end. Strong team.
East feels like the bottom team but I’m rooting for them to move forward like Fed Hock

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Warren’s loss to Waverly looks a lot worse now that Waverly just lost to Miami Trace. I’d definitely have them outside the top 15. I would have Adena at 9 and Unioto in top 15 instead of Warren. I’m sure it will all work itself out in the end as always and thanks again for the rankings.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:08 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm Really nice list. I think Green will be way up from 61 when it's over and I don't think Northwest will finish last (Jan 11 v East could be battle of the bottoms)
My feeling is federal Hocking will finish in the top 30 by year's end. Strong team.
East feels like the bottom team but I’m rooting for them to move forward like Fed Hock
My feeling is that Federal Hocking will finish in the top 30 by year's end. They are pretty strong from what I saw last year and during the fall scrimmaged. Didn't get to watch Green yet ,but; they are always Scrappy.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:12 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:08 pm

My feeling is that Federal Hocking will finish in the top 30 by year's end. They are pretty strong from what I saw last year and during the fall scrimmaged. Didn't get to watch Green yet ,but; they are always Scrappy.
Sorry Ironman92, don't know how I got my comments in your post.

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:01 pm
Braves00 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:27 pm Why is LE 8th?
... where would you like them to be ? 2 W's and a quality loss to ZT ... took the lead vs ZT in the 4th quarter ...
Pfloyd,
You’re top 10 is correct. Thanks for being generous with LE!
Braves00=Travis Hill, same old comments! Even tried to copy my name except the last 2 numbers lol! Thanks for always supporting LE and being honest about what you see!

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

Hard to place teams with very little games. Great job. But I do feel that Alexander will climb to the top 8. They have to schedule to certainly have the chance to. Holding a varsity team to 6 points in the second half is pretty impressive though! It looks great though!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:09 pm Warren’s loss to Waverly looks a lot worse now that Waverly just lost to Miami Trace. I’d definitely have them outside the top 15. I would have Adena at 9 and Unioto in top 15 instead of Warren. I’m sure it will all work itself out in the end as always and thanks again for the rankings.
... Warren just got 2 players back from football injuries - both I believe played in the last game vs Meigs ... the Waverly game was the first without Seth Dennis - not an excuse at all (Waverly was without at least 2 starters as well due to injury) ... hard to move a well coached, a find a way to win type TEAM as Warren DOWN in a giant free fall ... IF they are to drop they WILL, but I respect that Warren coaching staff, the players that remain, and the program to drop them based on the loss of one player (even as valuable as he is to the TEAM) ... Fort Frye this week and a Huntington High team outta that foreign country across the river (WVa) - we'll see how things play out this week ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

basketball12349 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:52 pm Hard to place teams with very little games. Great job. But I do feel that Alexander will climb to the top 8. They have to schedule to certainly have the chance to. Holding a varsity team to 6 points in the second half is pretty impressive though! It looks great though!
... thanks basketball12349 ... I'm going to put eyes on this years Alexander squad Friday night vs Athens ... looking forward to seeing the Spartans from the Cheap Seats at the Alley ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:57 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:09 pm Warren’s loss to Waverly looks a lot worse now that Waverly just lost to Miami Trace. I’d definitely have them outside the top 15. I would have Adena at 9 and Unioto in top 15 instead of Warren. I’m sure it will all work itself out in the end as always and thanks again for the rankings.
... Warren just got 2 players back from football injuries - both I believe played in the last game vs Meigs ... the Waverly game was the first without Seth Dennis - not an excuse at all (Waverly was without at least 2 starters as well due to injury) ... hard to move a well coached, a find a way to win type TEAM as Warren DOWN in a giant free fall ... IF they are to drop they WILL, but I respect that Warren coaching staff, the players that remain, and the program to drop them based on the loss of one player (even as valuable as he is to the TEAM) ... Fort Frye this week and a Huntington High team outta that foreign country across the river (WVa) - we'll see how things play out this week ...
There is no need for your defense of the rankings to make so much sense.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

pfloyd wrote: Gallia Academy (1-1)... I have GAHS W over Pt Pleasant 65-27 ? is this correct
According to Hudl, they (Gallia Academy) don't play Point Pleasant until Jan & Feb.
https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/208851/Boy ... l/schedule

Post by pfloyd »

Braves87 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:31 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:01 pm
Braves00 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:27 pm Why is LE 8th?
... where would you like them to be ? 2 W's and a quality loss to ZT ... took the lead vs ZT in the 4th quarter ...
Pfloyd,
You’re top 10 is correct. Thanks for being generous with LE!
Braves00=Travis Hill, same old comments! Even tried to copy my name except the last 2 numbers lol! Thanks for always supporting LE and being honest about what you see!
Braves87 ... Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert/Coach Dropsey & the job they do in "teaching" the game of basketball is 2nd to none ... IF I ever want to see quality basketball, fundamentally sound basketball, basketball beyond the fundamentals - I'm going to go see a Logan Elm TEAM play ... I have so much respect for that program and the coaches who make it happen ... I love the group of players LE puts on the floor - Weitelmann, Sailor, Chalfin, Ward - that junior class is special (heck they've been varsity starters for the last 3 years LOL - this years freshman group is a clone talent wise as the junior class except a little more size Coach Holbert's son is going to be a good one , I like Xavier Kellough, Braylen Baker, Drew Tomlinson,David Harden - defense, ball movement, and they can all shoot the 3 ball LOL go figure ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:36 pm
pfloyd wrote: Gallia Academy (1-1)... I have GAHS W over Pt Pleasant 65-27 ? is this correct
According to Hudl, they (Gallia Academy) don't play Point Pleasant until Jan & Feb.
https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/208851/Boy ... l/schedule
... thanks T-SYS - I'll delete the W and make GAHS earn it this week LOL ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Agree with u on Green but what happened vs Clay? That shocked me.. maybe Clay is better than I'm thinking?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:51 pm
Agree with u on Green but what happened vs Clay? That shocked me.. maybe Clay is better than I'm thinking?
Didn't clay just lose to Manchester. I also believe Beaver will be stronger and some think.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:51 pm
Then they shouldn’t have lost to Manchester 🤷🏻‍♂️

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm I 100% agree with the top 4. Peebles was a top 20 team for sure and added 2x all-SHAC 6’2 Hunter Ruckel. Should have a big season with a top coach and point guard.

Eastern Brown 100% agree...they are tough and had Ruckel, but Buecler ready for another big season.

I don’t think 7 teams are better than LE but they lost and have every chance to move up

I THINK Oak Hill, Unioto, Alexander, Adena, South Point are a bit better but man I don’t know. I’m going to guess South Gallia and Marietta are better than their ranking.

I’ll be surprised if Fed Hock, Lynchburg and Hillsboro finish that high but good to see Fed Hock winning. Coach Carson will give Lynchburg opportunities to win and maybe Hillsboro losing reasonably to Chillicothe (compared to what we thought) is them moving on from their debacle vs Eastern Brown.

Great job as always and I appreciate the time and effort you put into this.
This isn’t the same old Fed Hock team. You get a chance to watch them you should. They will really get after you and have size and depth. I think the TVC Hocking is down a little too. Trimble and FH are the best of the division. They also have Peebles coming to town. That should answer some of the questions. We know how good Peebles is.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:43 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm I 100% agree with the top 4. Peebles was a top 20 team for sure and added 2x all-SHAC 6’2 Hunter Ruckel. Should have a big season with a top coach and point guard.

Eastern Brown 100% agree...they are tough and had Ruckel, but Buecler ready for another big season.

I don’t think 7 teams are better than LE but they lost and have every chance to move up

I THINK Oak Hill, Unioto, Alexander, Adena, South Point are a bit better but man I don’t know. I’m going to guess South Gallia and Marietta are better than their ranking.

I’ll be surprised if Fed Hock, Lynchburg and Hillsboro finish that high but good to see Fed Hock winning. Coach Carson will give Lynchburg opportunities to win and maybe Hillsboro losing reasonably to Chillicothe (compared to what we thought) is them moving on from their debacle vs Eastern Brown.

This isn’t the same old Fed Hock team. You get a chance to watch them you should. They will really get after you and have size and depth. I think the TVC Hocking is down a little too. Trimble and FH are the best of the division. They also have Peebles coming to town. That should answer some of the questions. We know how good Peebles is.
Like I said, happy they are moving forward nicely. The Hocking isn’t strong so FH being much improved should net double digit wins and go from there.

That’s a long trip for Peebles!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble is probably the best D4 team for the area. I was hoping Hiland would switch regions :lol:

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm
JC2124 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Like I said, happy they are moving forward nicely. The Hocking isn’t strong so FH being much improved should net double digit wins and go from there.

That’s a long trip for Peebles!
Oh I understand what you’re saying. Yes a very long trip. We went to their place last year. Really liked their gym. Good folks too

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:32 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:09 pm

... I'll see Adena tomorrow night as the travel to the Hat to take on Chillicothe ... haven't decided where to go Tuesday - Oak Hill at Minford is on the table ... Friday Alexander hosts Athens ... Saturday ? I need to know the times/lineup for the "get together" at Rio (multiple teams, multiple games) I know Warren is playing Huntington WVa and Oak Hill vs Point Pleasant for a couple of the matchups ... The Big E Classic is Saturday as well - a couple of varsity matchups Athens vs the Peake and Fairland vs South Webster ... or Logan travels to Canal Saturday as well ... we'll see ! tomorrow is definitely pointing Pfloyd1 toward Chillicothe ...
I would say Oak Hill at Minford will be the best atmosphere. They don’t like each other. Minford plays a tough game, OH and Norm do their thing. It might be a 36-20 game or it might be something to watch transpire. I’m interested in the outcome.

Jackson plays Sissonville at Rio but I can’t speak at all of how good or bad they might be.

Alex hosting Athens should be enjoyable and an easy trip

Safe travels
I have a friend whose son plays JV at Oak Hill. I've watched there first 2 games, and they have played a couple of not so good teams. I think there first real challenge will be one night this week when they play at Minford.

Return to “Boys Basketball”