Chillicothe 66 Jackson 52 a final ...

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe 66 Jackson 52 a final ...

Post by Ed Ott »

To me (given I’ve only watched Wallis about 7-8 times over the years and mostly against Chillicothe) I think he and Beard are just the same. I think Wallis is a way better shooter than I’ve witnessed. I know Beard is a great shooter. Caleb only shot 1 or 2 3’s the other night. Drilled a tough one. Most teams can’t stop him outside and inside but Chillicothe comes pretty close most of the time. I think he had 16-18 points but he didn’t force much. He went for openings his speed usually creates but we are big and quick and kept him from alot of openings I’d guess he often gets. I think Beard on Jackson goes for about 20 ppg, maybe more. Simply not needed for the Cavs.

Little is also a very good scorer and strong pg presence. I’ve only watched him once this year and a few times in other years but he can play. I think he’s a notch under Wallis and I just don’t care about his age. We are acting like Robertson turned 15 this summer and everyone else is 18-19. He was driving this summer so I assume he’s at least 16 1/2 or so.

Robertson is an electric scorer. One of those kids that would go 30 a game in SOC1 but probably score 16-18 a game in team Chillicothe or with Beard, Noel and Maughmer also he might not go for 15 a game. For Waverly this year he might hit 25 a game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:55 pm
cavsbkb wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:41 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Not sure why it’s even necessary to mention age in this conversation. It doesn’t bother me because I’m used to people making excuses why he’s better than their kid. I just think it’s odd coming from you.
I agree with UK to a certain degree here (and I am Beard's father...lol). If you compared all these guys "as sophomores" Robertson is by far the best scorer. However I think that the dynamic of the team (each one plays for) dictates the necessity to score in bunches. All 5 of the players are capable on scoring 25+ a night but does each one need to in order for their team to win? Trey Robertson was 2nd option a year ago and will be the main option from here on out. Wallis had a great scorer in Donaldson for 3 years so he was not the main option until this year. And Let me stop right there and say they have both done a hell of a job scoring and putting their teams in position to win! Little has a little bit more of a supporting cast (right now because of experience), he is the main option but doesn't have to shoot 15+ times a night in order for his team to win. Beard is in a different situation, has never been the main option or the 2nd option for that matter. he has played with 2 elite options in Brandon Noel and Jayvon Maughmer. Beard understands that you get your horses going early and often (and that is how it should be). However he only attempts 8.3 shots a game and averaging 15pts. Beard's highest scoring games are when chilly plays against teams that can match up with Noel and Maughmer.
I do not know much about Browning's supporting cast so I cannot comment on that.

So with that being said, I believe they all could be Elite scorers given the right situation.....
Little averaged 14 per last year on 8 ish shots per game as the go to player and he actually does need to get around 15 shots per game for us this year.
I will say the other players are coming along nicely since the beginning of the season

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

These kids that are being talked about are not lining up on the court against just each other to see who is the fastest, who can jump the highest, who dribbles the best, who shoots the best, who distributes the ball, but the most important thing of all is, how they make there teammates and there team to be as successful as they are. That's why most of these teams are having the success that they are having, because they are a Team. I have no doubt at all that everyone of these kids being mentioned, could score more than they are scoring if they so desired. That's why they do anything that's needed to help there team win.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:04 pm These kids that are being talked about are not lining up on the court against just each other to see who is the fastest, who can jump the highest, who dribbles the best, who shoots the best, who distributes the ball, but the most important thing of all is, how they make there teammates and there team to be as successful as they are. That's why most of these teams are having the success that they are having, because they are a Team. I have no doubt at all that everyone of these kids being mentioned, could score more than they are scoring if they so desired. That's why they do anything that's needed to help there team win.
Well said Vette.

Now let’s rank them in order of best looking. My order is:

1. Little

100. Beard, Robertson, Wallis.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

They all are great guards, but don't sleep on JK Kearns of Alexander. He is a senior, also a coach's kid, and just freaking smart. Can't wait for him to graduate, I might even send him a graduation gift with a note that says "Get out of here kid." :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:38 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:04 pm These kids that are being talked about are not lining up on the court against just each other to see who is the fastest, who can jump the highest, who dribbles the best, who shoots the best, who distributes the ball, but the most important thing of all is, how they make there teammates and there team to be as successful as they are. That's why most of these teams are having the success that they are having, because they are a Team. I have no doubt at all that everyone of these kids being mentioned, could score more than they are scoring if they so desired. That's why they do anything that's needed to help there team win.
Well said Vette.

Now let’s rank them in order of best looking. My order is:

1. Little

100. Beard, Robertson, Wallis.
I would say that 100 and on would be debatable, very close and interchangeable. I would say as far as No 1 is concerned, probably most of the credit would have to be given to the Mother, right Dad. Lol

TigersNation
Waterboy

Post by TigersNation »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm To me (given I’ve only watched Wallis about 7-8 times over the years and mostly against Chillicothe) I think he and Beard are just the same. I think Wallis is a way better shooter than I’ve witnessed. I know Beard is a great shooter. Caleb only shot 1 or 2 3’s the other night. Drilled a tough one. Most teams can’t stop him outside and inside but Chillicothe comes pretty close most of the time. I think he had 16-18 points but he didn’t force much. He went for openings his speed usually creates but we are big and quick and kept him from alot of openings I’d guess he often gets. I think Beard on Jackson goes for about 20 ppg, maybe more. Simply not needed for the Cavs.

Little is also a very good scorer and strong pg presence. I’ve only watched him once this year and a few times in other years but he can play. I think he’s a notch under Wallis and I just don’t care about his age. We are acting like Robertson turned 15 this summer and everyone else is 18-19. He was driving this summer so I assume he’s at least 16 1/2 or so.

Robertson is an electric scorer. One of those kids that would go 30 a game in SOC1 but probably score 16-18 a game in team Chillicothe or with Beard, Noel and Maughmer also he might not go for 15 a game. For Waverly this year he might hit 25 a game.
Guaranteed you he wouldn't drop 30 on New Boston of the SOC 1.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

TigersNation wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm To me (given I’ve only watched Wallis about 7-8 times over the years and mostly against Chillicothe) I think he and Beard are just the same. I think Wallis is a way better shooter than I’ve witnessed. I know Beard is a great shooter. Caleb only shot 1 or 2 3’s the other night. Drilled a tough one. Most teams can’t stop him outside and inside but Chillicothe comes pretty close most of the time. I think he had 16-18 points but he didn’t force much. He went for openings his speed usually creates but we are big and quick and kept him from alot of openings I’d guess he often gets. I think Beard on Jackson goes for about 20 ppg, maybe more. Simply not needed for the Cavs.

Bet he would

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

No, just 20 2x on the Ohio All-Stars but would go for 30 against Symmes Valley, 33 on Green, 35 vs East, 35 vs Northwest, 35 vs Western, 36 on Notre Dame, 36 vs Clay, 38 vs Prickle, 40 vs Purple. Did I miss any others from the vaunted SOC1?

TigersNation
Waterboy

Post by TigersNation »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:59 pm

No, just 20 2x on the Ohio All-Stars but would go for 30 against Symmes Valley, 33 on Green, 35 vs East, 35 vs Northwest, 35 vs Western, 36 on Notre Dame, 36 vs Clay, 38 vs Prickle, 40 vs Purple. Did I miss any others from the vaunted SOC1?
Soc 2 isn't much better buddy don't kid yourself beside oak hill and burg. Everyone else is average at best.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:59 pm

If he's not injured, I think he's capable of dropping 30 on any SOC-1 or SOC-2 team. And if I'm correct, does he still have 2 more years to go after this year ? Scary!

Return to “Boys Basketball”