Hustle and Grit Guys

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Hustle and Grit Guys

Post by Ironman92 »

Not everyone can shoot the lights out or score 20 a game....who are the hustle and grit guys out there?

For Jackson it’s Caden Donaldson. The 6’2 senior is a 3 year starter and will have games of 2 or 4 points, but he’s on the court for a bunch of reasons. His help side and on the ball defense is just a blast to watch. As a signed collegiate volleyball player he can quickly bound for tough rebounds and keeping the ball alive. Possibly the best at saving a ball from going out of bounds as I’ve ever seen (kinda gotta see it to understand).....need a charge? He’s your guy.

Let’s here some others from SEOP land
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Hustle and Grit Guys

Post by Raider6309 »

Russell for Sheridan has to be #1. D’Augustino for Alexander also has a high motor

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve not seen Waverly but have heard the name Goodman a few times as this guy.

Vincent Roper of Chillicothe fits the bill

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Russell looked like he broke his ankle against Fairfield Union and came back just as high tempo in the second half

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Colby Swain for ZT
Preston Sykes Adena
Nate Keiser Unioto

A few that come to mind in the svc

All these guys can also score the ball when needed also

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:45 pm Colby Swain for ZT
Preston Sykes Adena
Nate Keiser Unioto

Keiser scored too darn much and looked like Klay Thompson from downtown against us...but I’ll take your word

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:46 pm
Preston Sykes Adena
Nate Keiser Unioto

Keiser scored too darn much and looked like Klay Thompson from downtown against us...but I’ll take your word
He’s been awesome for us this year. He’s a true glue guy but just happens to be Shooting the 3 at 54%

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:54 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:46 pm
Preston Sykes Adena
Nate Keiser Unioto

He’s been awesome for us this year. He’s a true glue guy but just happens to be Shooting the 3 at 54%
I may need to start an underrated shooter thread

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Weston Browning. Plays every minute of every game and never comes out. Hits every open man,wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. He gets more rebounds than I've ever seen for a kid his size. Can grab rim at 5'8". He is the grandson of Chuck Johnson ,class of 1973,who in my opinion is the best to ever lace up for Peebles. Anyone who has played against Weston knows he's the real deal. He is averaging right at 20 this year and a ton of assists. The Long pass at OU against Hiland to Hawes for the Two hand slam, that was Browning with the assist. He is a four year starter and coach on the floor. Weston Browning, "coming to a court near you" .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Gabe Ruth for Webster. Probably avgs 6 points a game but rarely does he see the bench

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

The whole Chesapeake Team

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

The Lancers. There is a few that are high scorers, but every single one of them hustle their tails off.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 am The whole Chesapeake Team
I don’t know a single player on Chesapeake’s team

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 am The whole Chesapeake Team
Logged on to say the same thing but I see you’ve beat me to it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thread kinda meant for the kids every team needs....not the stars and of course every kid plays hard.

Give their names a mention.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 pm Thread kinda meant for the kids every team needs....not the stars and of course every kid plays hard.

Yea I get the meaning. Most of these threads just turn into every poster listing their teams players. That’s why I posted kids from other teams.

The Keiser kid for us has been that guy. Averaging around 6 pts per but his motor and effort on the defensive end is why he’s on this list for me. Held Cam Evans to 7pts and Wallis to 15 but only made 2 buckets in that game if my memory serves me correctly. I can not state this enough. He averages 6 a game and we would not be where we are this year without him. No way. He is the glue that holds us together in my opinion and a big reason we have been as good defensively as we have. Kid barely played last year (and we weren’t good) He’s the perfect example of hard work and patience and sacrifice. Absolutely everything a coach and fans could ask for and the kind of kid your underclassmen should be looking up to for example! Nate Keiser is our glue guy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Also want to point out that the defensive effort was not just Keiser but our length inside brothers and also Debord and Jeremy Lambert give Keiser breathers. Jeremy Lambert is another one for us that doesn’t light the scoreboard up but we just aren’t as good if he’s not playing. Great athlete and defender

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Goodman for Waverly definitely fits the hustle and grit category. Not a stat sheet stuffer, but the kid gives 110% every minute he plays. He's constantly on the floor diving for loose balls and hustling back on D. He's a senior who was JV only last year, didn't even dress Varsity and never complained. He's now getting to start. He got thrown into a slightly larger role then maybe what was expected of him before the season started. He's embraced it and gives it everything he has. I know the players, coaches, and fans love seeing him be successful. Once Stulley is able to return, the Tigers guard play will be nice.
Last edited by MasterOfNone on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 pm Thread kinda meant for the kids every team needs....not the stars and of course every kid plays hard.

Easton Westley,6'5" Jr. He plays all out .He gets probably 10 minutes in a game. Usually defensive assignments on opposing big such as McCormick last week at North Adams,but; can score the ball and can be a rebounding machine.Good free throw shooter. Easton never complains but gives 110% all the time.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake under Ryan Davis and also under Norm Persin always tried to play hard nose defense.
I will name two from this year.
Austin Jackson 4yr starter gives all he has. I have seen him take chargers that you didnt think he was going to get up.
Trent Dearth 2yr starter, one of the quickest guys I seen., so quick off the floor. Most of his points come from in your face defense, which he has gotten numerous steals this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”