1/4 Adena at Zane Trace

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 1/4 Adena at Zane Trace

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:51 pm Mlittle who you think are the team(s) piketon going to knock off in second half?
Honestly I don’t think they will play a game in the second half of the season they can’t win. Their defense is so underrated it’s not funny. They don’t gamble and they don’t give up transition points. They struggle to score at times and that kills them but man they can guard. They’ve lost to the top teams in the league by 10, 8, and 13 while those teams are blowing everyone else out. I think they finish 4th in the league which is higher than anyone expected. No knock on the players but Coach Miller is doing an amazing job with what he has at Piketon. Toss up for me who is early front runner for coach of the year between him and coach Hoops. Chris Chandler has been a top player in this league for the first half of the season and he’s just getting better. He’s been just awesome for Piketon on both ends of the court. If I’m picking a first team all league right now he’s on it for me. No way I’m picking 5 kids in the league over him.

If I had to pick I’d say they knock off Adena but I feel if they catch someone on a bad night they could beat us or ZT just based off how well they guard

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:44 pm The Friday Saturday games are not great for anybody. Would love to see Wednesday Saturday league games. Gives the league a chance to scout for the non league games and still get a couple practices in between each contest.
Used to be Tuesday Friday league games about 100 years ago when I played

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Mlittle you seem to be gaining a soft spot back for Ptown. Do I smell a retransfer in the air??

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:39 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:12 pm Is this just an SVC thing or why does it seem as if the SVC plays so many Friday- Saturday night games ? Do they just do this for league games, or am I wrong even in thinking that they do it ?
Pretty much just how the SVC does it. Next weekend is a single game league weekend, but I think 5 of the weekends are F/S in the SVC

Definitely makes it a grind.
Thanks, I wondered if possibly the size of the crowd mayby on the weekend came into play ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:54 pm Mlittle you seem to be gaining a soft spot back for Ptown. Do I smell a retransfer in the air??
Lol. I’ve never stopped being a fan of those kids and I have always thought the world of Coach Miller. He’s worked my kid out since he was a tiny thing and I just think he’s an awesome dude. I just really like what they’re doing so far this year. Plus I coached all those seniors from the time they were 4th graders. Some emotional attachment for sure.

Cav's Alum
Waterboy

Post by Cav's Alum »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:57 pm
WhiskeyTwoFive wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:39 pm Its unreal how the difference in officiating is by groups of refs. The guys at uhs zt let them play so much it was like a heavyweight fight...tonight if you touched someone wrong you got a whistle. Great game by both teams
That’s exactly how it was when we were at Unioto. Couldn’t foul out if your tried. It was consistent both ways though....then next day we got into some foul trouble and had to adjust to refs, which is part of the game
Was told by someone that knows, the ref's for Adena vs. Zane Trace were college officials that occasionally do high school. Might be one big difference.

Return to “Boys Basketball”